Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: SENTRI Lanes
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2016 at 11:42 PM

It also depends on your income and who interviews you.
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 06:35 AM
Sentri and South Dakota Plates

Is Sentri still being difficult if you have SD plates? There were reports of that last year. I have an Arizona DL.

By what I understood last year, my circumstances were a no go. Is that still true?

Thanks!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 08:43 AM

Only for certain people, it appears

Quote: Originally posted by tjsue  
It also depends on your income and who interviews you.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 08:48 AM

Don't know what "your circumstances" are, but there is no restriction/prohibition on where your vehicle is registered and what state issues your DL. You may get an overzealous CBP inspector/interviewer. In that case, ask to speak to a supervisor. If you are denied a SENTRI due to vehicle registration/DL issues you can file a protest with the CBP/SENTRI office

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
Is Sentri still being difficult if you have SD plates? There were reports of that last year. I have an Arizona DL.

By what I understood last year, my circumstances were a no go. Is that still true?

Thanks!
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:02 AM

Re criminal record, not even a dui. Re finances, what's the Sentri qualification requirement, 3 years returns, current bank statements, driving a new car, or...?
And it's kinda' shocking to hear that approval is agent-discretionary! I won't forget to wear my "I (heart) The Patriot Act " t-shirt, lol.
Sheesh... scan my retina and call it a day already.

It'd still be great to have a report on the Tecate wait times.
Yeah, I would FAR prefer to drive the speed limit for three hours rather than sit at TJ, which I gather is commonly referred to here as "Otay", no? I'll research that... I thought that the "other" TJ crossing was for commercial truck traffic (semis) only.
Anyway, I'm going through Tecate later today and will reply with the wait.
Thanks
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:56 AM

my daughter just got her's in hand last week.
they didn't ask for ANYTHING, just fill out the app and hand them some dough, she had a DUI past 10 years, they said no problemo.
as far as the interview, she hit the lottery, chatted with a sweet little asian lady that was just wonderful, although she did say the guys there were just complete TOOLS! like you might expect.....
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 01:40 PM

Do you research. The Otay Mesa crossing is east of the San Ysidro crossing and NOT limited to commercial (truck) traffic - The trucks have a separate crossing. SENTRI at Otay is considerably quicker at Otay and if you are anywhere south of Rosarito, crossing at Otay is easier than navigating the ever changing maze of San Ysidro.

Quote: Originally posted by Gypsy62  

Yeah, I would FAR prefer to drive the speed limit for three hours rather than sit at TJ, which I gather is commonly referred to here as "Otay", no? I'll research that... I thought that the "other" TJ crossing was for commercial truck traffic (semis) only.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 05:45 PM

When I applied for my Sentri the first time, it was because my income was low, and my expenses were higher than my income. I was turned down because of this, and went to secondary for three months, until one of the customs officers told me that there was a notation next to my name that was put there in June, which was when I was turned down for my Sentri. This was at the Otay office.

The second time I applied, the officer wanted to see my bank statements, and sources of income. I went to the SY office this time, and was approved.
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 3-10-2016 at 01:59 PM

Thanks for info. Actually trying to cross less, so on the fence about becoming a "Sentrino" (Sentrista? Sentrissimo?).

I couldn't find a thread devoted solely to border-crossing Q&A so started one.

Also started a thread re near-border po box (US-side) suggestions...
Thanks
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 10:33 AM

SY crossing is my route. I do have Sentri and it quick and easy now that I have done it many times. I go out on the toll road route from Rosarito go back like going to San Diego but watching signs overhead I am looking for the Viva Rapido side street run with the shopping center & businesses on this two lane route all on your right hand side. I stay on Viva Rapido turn right at the 7/11 store go down to where the sign says Sentri turn then go to the end of the street stop at stop sign then cross over the bridge. The third intersection once over the bridge is where you turn left, then just go straight signed all the way to border & no police closing off this route. These are very short intersections so you need to count to not get confused.
Hopefully, I will video this route when I go back down in May or June. I used to be one of the people that avoided T.J. but not anymore. Too many good restaurants that are there with excellent food & service. Many dance places too for those evenings when dancing & music are the priority. On Revolution they have one of the best Italian Restaurants you will ever find called Vittorios just great (cross street is 9th I believe but just across the street is Sanborns). We like to park in the Ticuan Hotel parking as it is covered and secure for about 35 pesos. Las Pulgas is also right around the corner for those nights you want to go dancing with ticket of parking you get in free. Never know until you try and age is only holding you back if you are the holder of it!! LOL bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.