BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Border wait in the last couple of days?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 11:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Why in the World would I get GE or Sentri when I do not live in Mexico, work in Mexico, or travel monthly to Mexico. It is for those people these programs are made. It makes no sense for me to go through that process. I am not even sure I will be crossing the border ever again.

The future is not bright with the latest events in the world. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Baja as much or more than most here and I wish I could be there all the time. Just having a reality check. It was 2016-2018 that I did so many trips (11) for fun, and researching for the Road Guide and my maps. The two trips in 2019 were both for TV shows and I was a passenger both trips. Two trips in 2020 were cancelled due to Covid (one was a TV show gig).

Not even the remote possibility I would go to the border, wait for an appointment, pay money I don't have, and wait months for GE or Sentri... and then use it maybe once or twice a year when I can drive to Tecate and cross the border mid-week with little or no wait??? It's not rocket science.

The world isn't ending and stop being stubborn.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 11:36 AM

Many Credit Card companies offer to pay for GE application fees and you can have an appt at Airports or POE. Still it may only provide some small advantage since each vehicle and each person in the group must be pre-approved.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 11:48 AM

yesterday the wait at

tecate arriving at 3pm was

14 hours...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 11:56 AM

SENTRI....can't tow, can't bring friends, jump through hoops, no thanks!

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 12:00 PM

The hours of operation at Tecate are currently 5;00 AM to 2;00 PM. seven days a week.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
SENTRI....can't tow, can't bring friends, jump through hoops, no thanks!

I take 2 KTMs on a carrier and an 11ft Zodiac on top through every time. What hoops to jump through? The app takes about 5 mins. The interview less than 10 mins. You waste more time every single trip.

Everyone we go with has it. We breeze by 3,000 cars and cross in 10-15 mins.

Get GE ppl.

[Edited on 11-30-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
yesterday the wait at

tecate arriving at 3pm was

14 hours...

LOL, as it closed at 2 pm!

funny how that works!:lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 12:56 PM

I am not even sure I will be crossing the border ever again.

The future is not bright with the latest events in the world

What is possibly going to stop you from ever going to baja again?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
11-30-2020 at 09:32 PM
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-2-2020 at 08:57 AM

David K I am sorry to hear your pessimistic view, I would never have pegged you as a pessimist.

If you (in the future) plan to travel to any other country, GE is fabulous (we switched from SENTRI to GE this year, only $100 and you still get the SENTRI pass and TSA/Pre). That works out to $20/a year and worth every penny. Past five years it has taken me an average of 20 minutes to cross the border, we never wait in line for domestic flights and we expedite coming back into the country via plane.

Unfortunately the current administration has dramatically slowed the process of initial application. For some reason my renewal application took 3 days to approve and I had my new SENTRI in a week, but my husband still not approved. Very sporadic until CBP agents get back to their real jobs after January.

[Edited on 12-2-2020 by BajaMama]
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 12-2-2020 at 10:47 AM

I would think you SENTRI holders would be thrilled to have one less car in your lane rather than urge more and more folks to sign up?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.