Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: finest home/landmark at posada for sale
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 10:08 AM
Mission Jim's casa

Business Education 101: Real estate acquistion in Mexico is much the same as anywhere, third world countries included...you first learn the law and obey the rules. Investing is investing, simple. There are many wise and secure buys left in Baja. Why would you buy differently in Baja than you would in your own country? If you knowingly buy a pig in a poke.....enjoy the time you have and don't complain.

I have been in Mission Jim's casa a few times over the years since it was built. It is a nice place if you want to live in a clustered All-American community like Posada. (I think JR would have called this an 'enclave'.) You are already crowded anyway, so why worry about the duplex feature? The house is featured to look like a Baja mission, for sure. The nice paintings of old churches and bells add to it's charm. Posada is like a Liesure World layout in Arizona....complete with line-dancing and potluck dinners. This would appeal to a lot of stateside and Canadian people, I am sure.

I am glad to hear Jim finally found his 'paradise' in Thighland.;D Happy days are here again, Jim, give 'em heck.

For some comparisons here are two photos of Posada...first is a few weeks ago, the other is from 1979.

1st pic..November 2006 (Mission Jim's is in the top center..two story.)

[Edited on 12-21-2006 by Summanus]

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 10:09 AM
2nd pic Posada....1979

abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos
Anyone who gets involved with these kind of real estate transactions. I know for years obtaining property here was a mystery. It has been demystified. I am only suggesting the best alternative and that all of us be aware of the consenquenses of our actions. Mike, I know you are trying to help a friend and you do a lot of good down here. Maybe it would be better to rent the property and not put yourself in a position that can come back and bite you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You must have had a REALLY good Real Estate agent. He not only sold you a house, but a load of C..P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

First of all my wife is Mexican, everything is in her name. I'll have citizenship next year and will add my name to everything then. Did not use a real estate agent to buy anything. We sell real estate. Glad you got a good chuckle out of it! But Summanus is right . Good advice was hard to find only just a few years ago and there are many people who fell for this as the only way to own here. It's not!
But after looking at the photos, I can see why it would be hard to get title in a flood zone anyway. Just be sure who ever has the concession for the zona federal pays their yearly payment. This adds another twist to the situation.

[Edited on 12-21-2006 by abreojos]

abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aquaholic
...lessee here...you have a property you will not be using...so, you should rent it??? For how long can you do this...??? How about maintaining it..??? How legal is that solution..???

I'm not sure how solid ANY investment is here in Mexico...thusly, the old adage, "don't put more money into Mexico than you can walk away from..."...

The only state in the US that passed a law contrary to the emminent domain law the Supreme Court passed is Missouri. Since then leagally owned property in Mexico is probably more secure than the US. And at least renting will help get some of your money back if you do it right. I am sure a rental on this beach would do real well. It is a beauty!
I would advise talking to a good lawyer for advice on renting, taxes, ect. I can recommend a very good American with a law office in San Jose who specializes in real estate transactions. www.rosenlaw.com.mx He can help with immigration issues also.

aquaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 11:14 AM

...if you have such a good lawyer, why are you asking for advice on immigration on another thread..???
abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aquaholic
...if you have such a good lawyer, why are you asking for advice on immigration on another thread..???

I did not have a question mark at the end of the statement. I was only stating that the link did not give this information.
He is e-mailing me the info as soon as he gets out of a meeting. Check his website out. I sold him a house by the way.

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 11:29 AM

Lawyers?

What do lawyers and human sperm cells have in common?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being.

abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 11:32 AM

I believe that is true for all of us!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 01:18 PM

abreojos!:bounce: Hang in there.:bounce:Merry Christmas! Thanks for the pictures of then and now Summanus.:spingrin:
aquaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 01:40 PM

...in the old photo of Posada, you can see remnants of the old estuary. There used to be mangroves back there....
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being.

thanks you made my day

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:08 PM

"Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being. "

be sure and relate that joke to your counsel next time you need a good one.!! not all lawyers are scum.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:18 PM

capt mike...just kidding! You gotta take a good deep breath, have a martini, and kick back in your hammock. Life is much too serious to be taken seriously! Laugh and the whole world laughs with you...cry and you cry alone.

Si, I know a few lawyers who are okay. Some I even call amigos.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
"Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being. "

be sure and relate that joke to your counsel next time you need a good one.!! not all lawyers are scum.

My lawyer admits that he are scum. but that is what it takes to do the Job sometimes:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:40 PM

One out of ten thousand have any scruples at all. The rest will bleed you to death while doing NOTHING. Call em they bill you at $350/hr-see em and they screw you for more....

What do you need when you have a hundred attorneys up to their necks in concrete??

More concrete of course!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos We sell real estate.

Thats what I thought. Mike has a listing, and you don't like it. He is honest, to a fault, and you don't like it. Man, I want to hear your shpeal.

Summanus, my own lawyer told me that joke 20 years ago.:lol::tumble:

Oh, bye the way. I sell real estate, but in the US, and have a house in Mexico, and my wife is Mexican also. So whats your excuse.:lol::lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 04:03 PM

Minnow...some coincidence, that lawyer/sperm joke was also told to me by MY legal-beagle some years back, too. It IS an old joke, but it WAS a long time ago, for sure.

I liked this particular lawyer from the first time I met him. I had walked into a small town law office about 25 years ago... nobody was around..I called out...and this voice that came from a leather couch in the corner saying..."Ah, (inhaling sucking sound)..uh, Hey, what's up, man?" Then I smelled that common 'fragrance' known to us children of the Sixties...This is how I met Ross, mi compadre and lawyer-biker-buddy.

He really enjoyed making fun of his profession. Sometimes dealing in chickens and fish from the nearby reservation in exchange for legal help. Another favorite quip of his was this one: 'If for no other reason, lawyers could be an important source of protein.'

Sorry mike, we are getting off on a tangent here as regarding Mission Jim's lower level for sale..which would make a great home for somebody gregarious-minded.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 05:24 AM

ha! remember my cyber motto...........sense of humour necessary!!

lawyer jokes bother me not. i happen to love attorneys. they have made or saved me lots of money. they can be worth their weight in gold.
most people who get burned in legal wranglings have it coming or are felony dumb. or just plain stupid entitlement wanting libs.:rolleyes:

now if you want to talk scum............think contractors and developers. there's a bunch of trash for you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 06:27 AM

"they can be worth their weight in gold"

let's do the math....

price of gold per ounce = $621.60
16 ounces in pound
one pound of gold = $9945.60

One lawyer weighs 300 pounds
(he has ALOT of lunches)

one lawyer is worth $2,983,680.00:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 08:58 AM

God, I can only imagine what that man is doing in Tailand. Hide the women and children.

Most realtors in Vegas are right up there with the worst scum. They are there to sign the contract, then you can't find them until it is time to pick up the commission checks.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.