Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: El Rosario food
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 02:37 PM

After a few people turned me onto the huevos rancheros at Nuevo Chapala, I just snack on tortillas till I get there, headed south.

Awesome.........the best!!!!

The flies werent as bad as the bee swarm, last time I was there. But it was outside......we just ran inside from the truck.

dr650
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 09:04 PM

Me'tinks some folks don't see anything.

You mean like the way you're not seeing the point?
dr650
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2007 at 04:03 PM

Yeah, you're right, Soulpatch. Life's too short. I'm just not going to sit around and let someone have a go at me without throwing back. But, enough is enough. Have a good one, whether it's at Denny's, at Mama's, or wherever. And for God sakes, wash your hands ... before and after.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-20-2007 at 04:40 PM
One Man's poison is another Man's poison, or something like that.

Some of you may have read this last year, but here it is again: Last October I checked into The Baja Cactus for an overnight stay. Then I went into Mama Espinozas for dinner. I had crab burritos and a glass of wine. Around 11 PM my stomach started rumbling and then it felt like it was going to explode. Well, explode is a good description for what happened. I was up all night on the throne.

The first morning after the meal I actually got dizzy and passed out. I went into the office of Baja Cactus and told them that I had to stay another night because I was too sick to drive. I ended up staying 72 hours until I was strong enough to drive. The hotel staff became quite concerned. That evening, Antonio, the owner of Baja Cactus and also the Pemex station, came to my room. He went out and bought sports drinks with electrolytes and some Lomotil for me. The staff were all very attentive to me. After I got home I emailed Antonio with a big "Gracias!"

Needless to say, no more meals at Mama's...it could cost me my life.:fire:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-20-2007 at 04:53 PM
like i said,

"spread the wealth."

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2007 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dr650
Yeah, you're right, Soulpatch. Life's too short. I'm just not going to sit around and let someone have a go at me without throwing back. But, enough is enough. Have a good one, whether it's at Denny's, at Mama's, or wherever. And for God sakes, wash your hands ... before and after.

Didn't you say you're a newbie here? If so, shouldn't you get a clue who you're talking to before you open your yap?

Telling soulpatch that cute story about "uncool" gringos is about as clueless as you can get - understandable as a newbie, but the fact that you kept at it -- that's "priceless". :lol::lol:
dr650
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 08:40 PM

I can't believe this. What the ***** is going on here? I made my peace with Soulpatch, and now you want to take a Monday morning shot at me? Everybody's a tough guy from the keyboard.

All I said was that I found the food in El Rosario pretty good, and I found the attitude with some of the customers pretty bad. That's how I saw it. I don't care if I've got 3 posts on this list, and you got 3,000. Makes no difference to me. You got a problem with that, then you got a problem. But why the **** you gotta get personal? You want to disagree, pile on, okay. But watch your own mouth.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
I can't believe this. What the ***** is going on here?

You really don't know? Simple: You have gotten off on the wrong foot. :rolleyes:

If you're interested in sticking around, I suggest you lighten up, back off a bit and try to figure out why your posts have been offending people, then join the community. Most of us here tend to have short memories. :lol:

--Larry

Larry, I just reread this thread and I think dr650 isn't the one to snap at... he made peace with soulpatch... The person who does more to keep the hate and people offending alive is who dr650 was responding to, just above.

Restaurant reviews are helpful and we have to expect different reports based on personal needs, experiences, food quality, service quality, etc.

Mama Espinoza's has been good and bad for food and service, always more pricey because it is aimed at tourists... So, it's hit or miss... Ed Lusk's (Baja's Best B&B) has good food but the house pets or flys will 'bug' some people... La Bocana Beach (Primo's place) was quite good then lost their cook, so last year the quality dropped... But, we read above that things are good again... The stuffed baked patatoes at Hugo's Tacos Mision are still great...

So, just know that what you read here may be what you find or may not be... buyer beware!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dr650
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 08:50 AM

Okay,

I'd like to thank the fellow .. David K .. who read the thread from the beginning and who made that observation. It was never my intention to insult or pee off anybody with my original post, but apparently I did. I'm sorry for that, so kindly accept my apologies. I suppose that whenever you voice an opinion, some might agree and some might disagree.

I shouldn't have responded to the sarcasm, attitude and insults with more of the same. Should have just let it all go, knowing that someone's comments often say more about who they are than anything else. I'm sure the veterans around here know who's who and what's what in that regard.

I also apologize to the people who had to wade through this juvenile crap. In the future, in such a public forum, I'll do my best to take the hits and let them roll right off my back. I imagine this medium is better suited to spread useful information than it is to take pot-shots at each other from afar.

Jeez, this halo's getting a little heavy ... think I'll go down to the bar. All the best.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 08:59 AM

dr650, I am happy to see that you can 'take the heat' and 'can't be beat'!

Welcome to Baja Nomad, where you will really find some of the greatest Baja amigos and trip reports to keep your Baja battery charged, between trips!

Come on down to the Pyramid Resort on Cinco de Mayo and join us for a beer, or three!

[Edited on 4-24-2007 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 02:49 PM

dr650,

take a deep breath, have a couple of beers, not just one,
relax, hover around a while, you will get the motion going soon enough.

shoot, it took me a whole month when I was a Newbie to pee off JR (then known as SkiBaja) but we made up, then I soon got into it with another who was subsequently banned.... but he is back and we made up as well.

hang in there, this is a loosey goosey good group
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 03:07 PM

grampa told me if you aren't p iss ing (damn, swear catcher!) off SOMEBODY you ain't doing it right!!!!

welcome to the jungle.....:moon:

[Edited on 4-24-2007 by woody in ob]

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 03:18 PM

dr650,

Here's a bit of advice. Treat each post on the merits of the post itself. Pay no attention to who wrote it or how many posts he's made compared to yourself. Address the issue as you see it and stick to your viewpoint.

There is a lot of politics on this board. Many alliances have been formed over the years and posters who always back each other up. There are also many indirect invitations to join one group or another. Just ignore all of that and stick to the content. Agree with all groups. And disagree with all groups when you think the poster is wrong. "To thine own self be true". If you like mama's - go for it. I don't agree with you, but I respect your right (to be wrong ha, ha).

From where I'm standing: it doesn't seem worth while to get all worked up over the quality of a burrito.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 03:20 PM

Quote:

it doesn't seem worth while to get all worked up over the quality of a burrito.

:o:lol::o:lol::o:lol: NUFF SAID!!!!!

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2007 at 03:36 PM

Skipjack Joe, great advice.

dr650, check your u2u, upper right hand corner.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
dr650
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2007 at 06:45 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the words of advice, folks. I truely appreciate it. And, I'd love to go down to that Pyramid place on Cinco de mayo, but me, Soulpatch, Lencho and Roberto are all going down to a sensitivity training seminar that weekend. Tell you all about it later.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2007 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
...... but me, Soulpatch, Lencho and Roberto are all going down to a sensitivity training seminar that weekend. Tell you all about it later.

By jove; I think he's got it !! :lol::lol::lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2007 at 06:56 PM

Smashing!:bounce:

dr650, you fit in well!!;)

MoFish
Junior Nomad

Mood: Gonzaga dreamin

[*] posted on 4-25-2007 at 07:58 PM

I have indigestion
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-25-2007 at 08:05 PM

Good on ya, 650!!!!

Let us know how the training went. Please provide a trip report, photos, a map and GPS coordinates!!!! (sorry DK, couldn't resist...:lol::lol::lol:)
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.