Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: BLVD. 2000 (BC #201) Road Log & Photos
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 5-30-2008 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/25052...

But, was it witnessed FIRST HAND by a Nomad? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Besides, Ferna, you are assuming that David can read either one of those articles.
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 08:03 PM
Tecate crossing.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
MEXICO at Otay Border: Mile 0.0, Time 0:0

Head straight south, staying in left lanes. Follow signs for TECATE.

LEFT TURN at signal, slight curve to left just before signal: Mile 1.1, Time 0:03

Heading east on Blvd. Industrial... soon becomes divided highway!

Take new highway south, signed for Rosarito, Popotla, Ensenada (toll highway 2-D to Tecate curves to left, see toll gate, Big Horn Sheep monument almost unseen heading south): Mile 6.0, Time 0:13

Free Hwy. 2 (TECATE) interchange, continue south then southwest: Mile 13.0, Time 0:22

Cross the Rodriguez/ Tijuana reservoir and head into the hills...

Pass under the toll highway (Mex. 1-D) and come to the free highway (Mex. 1)... Mile 31.3, Time 0:38.

They will have it connected to the toll highway, but that work seems stalled. Too bad, but until then go a few miles on the free road to almost Puerto Nuevo where you can hop on the toll road for free.

Fox Baja Studio entrance is just to your right, Puerto Nuevo and access onto the toll highway is about 6 miles to your left.

Hi,

i'd love to try this route from la mision. if i take the toll road to Puerto Nuevo, can u give me some simple directions from there? i'm not quite understanding.

thanks for any help.

diana:?::?:

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 08:41 PM

you can take the free road...go NORTH. If you get on the toll road, exit at Puerto Nuevo. Take the free road north about 7 miles. When you come to a stop sign working on wants to be a stop light at a 3 way intersection in POPOTLA, take a right hand turn. There is a sign directing you to Tecate. From there, follow David's directions.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
you can take the free road...go NORTH. If you get on the toll road, exit at Puerto Nuevo. Take the free road north about 7 miles. When you come to a stop sign working on wants to be a stop light at a 3 way intersection in POPOTLA, take a right hand turn. There is a sign directing you to Tecate. From there, follow David's directions.

great! thanks...think i get it now.

diana:bounce::biggrin:

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 09:02 PM

Diana - it is a great way to go to get to Otay or Tecate like udo does but right now it is not safe to drive alone at night.

dianaji
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Diana - it is a great way to go to get to Otay or Tecate like udo does but right now it is not safe to drive alone at night.

Thanks for your concern! I have enough problem finding my way around in Mexico, and have no intention traveling during the night. I am slowly learning how to avoid the toll roads and even like the free road, except for Tijuana. I try to leave La Mision around 10 a.m. or at 2:00 p.m., and always looking for the best times to avoid traffic.

Diana

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 08:47 AM

Diana,
My wife and I will be in La Mision area (La Fonda Hotel) on December 12-14.
U2U me directions to your place & we'll drop by for a "HOLA". Or, you can drop by the hotel room and ask Cindy at the front desk (she lives in La Mision) what room we are in.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 12:03 PM

What is the driving time from Popotla to Tecate?

Derek
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 04:56 PM

Let's just say that if you are in Ensenada, you should take the highway just North of town to Tecate. If you are already up by Rosarito, it makes sense to take 2000, if you really need to cross at Tecate. If you are in Ensenada, driving all the way up to 2000, and curving back to Tecate seems like a waste of time. IMHO
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-15-2009 at 10:00 AM

Bump for Paul

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 09:44 AM

Thanks for that DK

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 05:55 PM

Give our best to Coco... What you are doing for him is very noble!

105 049.jpg - 47kB

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 06:44 PM

I wouldn't take 2000 after dark,,, is loonely as it is in the day time..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 06:52 PM

So is Blvd. 2000 now connected to the toll road or do you still have to take the free road for a little bit?

[Edited on 9-30-2009 by Pacifico]
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 06:57 PM

Blvd 2000 is the No.1 body dump site in all of Mexico Great Road! Say hello to the Santa Muerte shrine on the side of the road for me.
FYI Stay away from that road! unless your Dennis from Punta Dumb burro...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacifico
So is Blvd. 2000 now connected to the toll road or do you still have to take the free road for a little bit?

[Edited on 9-30-2009 by Pacifico]

Last I saw/ heard... the connection is still uncompleted. However, the free road is now 4 lanes from Popotla to Puerto Nuevo where you re-connect to the toll road (if you wish). Staying on the free road is a nice option to consider.

The last time we drove the Blvd. 2000, it was VERY busy, lots of traffic, trucks, etc. Since we all know to not drive after dark in northern Baja, I would think that continued fear talk of this modern freeway is unwarranted. Plenty of Nomads use it and are still here!

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 09:08 AM

Drove Blvd 2000 on Sept 24th southbound and northbound on the 28th. No problems and no bodies observed on the side of the road. On my nothbound trip it was about 5:30AM and DARK....light traffic.

Watch for cross traffic on Blvd 200 around the Commercial Mexicana/Wal-Mart/Home Depot shopping center as there is uncontrolled access to the highway.

The Puerto Nuevo on ramp to the toll road is closed for the repaving/construction on the S/B toll road lanes. I used the Cantimar on ramp, just across from Ruben's Palms and the Pemex AM-PM

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Watch for cross traffic on Blvd 200 around the Commercial Mexicana/Wal-Mart/Home Depot shopping center as there is uncontrolled access to the highway.

Yeah, Terry....that area is murder. Merging traffic comes at you from both sides.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 11:13 AM

Yup, and don't forget the pedestrians......it's like playing Frogger.............

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 11:20 AM

What makes it worse, especially Northbound, is that the highway is rural and wide open for so many miles, encouraging speeding. Then, all of a sudden, cross-traffic and pedestrians. I really think they ought to install a warning sign or two.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.