Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Hostile takeover????
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:06 PM

David - i still think that if Doug needed $$s he'd state so himself, that's all.
but sure, contribute as you like - you'll get one of the shirts maybe! :spingrin:

BBP is an organization requiring dues to be a part and provides tangible benefits. their forum is a side intangible benefit and comes with membership. no one joins for the forum. it just comes as a bonus. i think 95% of the members never post although how many lurk is impossible to say. i pay my $49 a year to contribute to Jack's services and his mexico lobby efforts which pay back in excess of that yearly in tangible benefits and member savings while traveling in baja or mainland.

nomads is pure entertainment for me. if i had to pay i would not be here as it holds no tangible benefit. but as a free zone it has its occasional kicks.

"screaming airlines" as a concept is just about having fun. look around at plane owners and boat owners - they , many have little kitchy websites about their hobby. now its done more frequently on my space pages.

ah... but in the final analysis.....who cares??!!:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:14 PM

We don't care enough to lose sleep about it but we sure like to see you sqirm like a catterpillar on stick about these two issues: one, you as all knowing airline pilot and two as Mr. Fun of the airways (if everything, including attchement to this family of nice people) is free to you and yours.
DR.EVIL13
Banned

Mood: Pondering

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:17 PM

They should charge as much as the owners want.
If you dont pay,no play.

A million dollars
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 09:11 PM

really Osprey? how much have you sent in? i find the entire prospect of anyone here sending in unsolicited donations to Means incredible.
squirming? why? about what? hardly.:lol::lol::lol:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
really Osprey? how much have you sent in? i find the entire prospect of anyone here sending in unsolicited donations to Means incredible.
squirming? why? about what? hardly.:lol::lol::lol:

Mike... thanks for being so diplomatic, but why are you so opposed to voluntary contributions being suggested... By your logic in the reply to Osprey, you must not ever leave tips when eating out? The waiters don't solicit for money when they serve you...

I also think you get a lot more than just 'fun' from Baja Nomad... up to date travel details, new places of business opening up, new ideas on what to do in Baja, plus without Nomad then Shari's Bed & Breakfast details and her direct discussion about Asuncion may have never been seen by you?

Anyway, I surely do not understand why you felt the need to be the major voice of opposition to Doug getting some financial reward for keeping Nomad online... I did explain why he is not asking for himself... as his friend and most active Nomad, I took it upon myself to.

Here is the plaque that Antonio 'BajaCactus' made for Doug and presented to him at Viva Baja Cactus in 2006 in gratitude for Doug's outstanding contribution to Baja travel. More potos at http://vivabaja.com/vivabajacactus

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by David K]

Viva Baja Cactus 132r.JPG - 29kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 10:00 AM

When Baja Nomad needs us to ante up to be a part of Baja Nomads I will join in.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
When Baja Nomad needs us to ante up to be a part of Baja Nomads I will join in.

Most likely ..so will most all of us.
However... like to hear some input from the upper command on this issue.:?:

Fact:
If 80% of current members would contribute the tiny sum of $5.00 a year, it would generate the tidy sum of around $ 32.000.00.
Nothing to sneeze at.:(
Seen years my income didn't increase like that.:biggrin:

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by vandenberg]

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 11:00 AM

David - not opposed. i just find it an incredible scenario when not once has the owner Means come into this with a plea. but heck - contribute freely - i have not suggested that folks not give him money, only that i personally see no compelling reason to.
i recall when Earle and Trish did ask for $$ help - or maybe i am wrong there, perhaps it was users who pleaded? - but not before he threatened to shut it down because it was taking too much time.
like i said this venue represents more fun than objectivity to me. there are plenty of sources for baja info on line, this is no exclusive storehouse of data.
in fact i believe Carlos' site has substantially more to offer in terms of travel facts. So - enjoy your next trip south, i hope to be there in oct soon myself!!

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 11:28 AM

If Baja Nomad starts charging then you will see the Riff-Raff leave. It will also be the demise of the second, third, fourth and yes even fifth additional
screen name some people have.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:34 PM

Now that's a compelling reason right there David!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
David - not opposed. i just find it an incredible scenario when not once has the owner Means come into this with a plea. but heck - contribute freely - i have not suggested that folks not give him money, only that i personally see no compelling reason to.
i recall when Earle and Trish did ask for $$ help - or maybe i am wrong there, perhaps it was users who pleaded? - but not before he threatened to shut it down because it was taking too much time.
like i said this venue represents more fun than objectivity to me. there are plenty of sources for baja info on line, this is no exclusive storehouse of data.
in fact i believe Carlos' site has substantially more to offer in terms of travel facts. So - enjoy your next trip south, i hope to be there in oct soon myself!!

Mike,

What site are you referring to? Looks like I might want to expand my Baja internet experience based on this thread.:?:

Ken
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 01:23 PM
here's a plane from Carlos' raid on PSFO

hola Ken. it's world famous Carlos Fiesta's site, www.bajaexpo.com
you need to read about his exploits driving his 19ft figan panga around the whole peninsula.

Carlos is your kind of guy. he doesn't have a forum to yak on but he has more baja and mainland pages than any travel site i have seen.
Carlos lives in Socal and is seen down in Sand won neeko some times and might be in his plane as well.

he sent me a while back. don't know who's at the controls here but they are on short and LOW final to PSFO. they had about 4 plane load of guys hanging there for a few days.

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by capt. mike]

1200.jpg - 19kB

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 01:48 PM

Thanks Mike I will check it out.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 03:16 PM

Quote:

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 04:07 PM

Consider that the "hostile takeover" may have more to do with the age, mood, boredom and alcohol consumption of the posters than anything else. Not that it matters who is posting negative crap, there has always been a tendency within US based online communities for there to be many who project odd social behavior from behind their screens. The solution has always and always will be, ignore them. People seeking attention through anti-social behavior will continue as long as they get attention.

Personally, I see a clear distinction between interested posters asking about baja, posting news and asking for confirmation as opposed to insults, hyperbole, negativity and all out nonsense. I do not attribute any of the nonsense to being from newbies or political trolls as much as simply to due to boredom and alcohol abuse from people with nothing to do...

So get out and have some fun 'ol timers! harumph!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 05:18 PM

gnukid:

Gee Whiz Kid! I have fun every day that I wake up and every nite that I go to sleep.
Another Day gone another Day of a Great Life especially watching all the youngsters on this Board acting as they are"Youngsters" ie unlearned Some seeking Wisdom and not knowing it if it hit them in the Face, so involved in playing with their Ipods, watching the TV, strolling the malls, hoping there is a Govt. Program to help them out.

Its a Great Life Gnukid!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
seeking Wisdom and not knowing it if it hit them in the Face, so involved in playing with their Ipods, watching the TV,
.............!

So you are saying this is a good thang? I sure hope so but it sounds derogatory Skeet. I guess hanging around the computer with cyber friends is................somehow different:?:?

:wow:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
dao45
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 12:20 AM

OMG !! Have I been having anti social behavior again.Nawww probablly not me.But once again has anyone noticed the length of threads that deal with money???
Seems some people dont know what propina means.I was born in Las Vegas.If you wanted a good seat at a show you gave the maitre de a propina.
remember no one rides the trin for free.But there are certain cars and seats that are way more comfortable.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 12:09 PM

dao45:

That is just the reason I do not go to Vegas only Through Vegas!

Yes I know it is the Tourist Capital of the States, to me it is truly Sin City, where you can get anything you want, all you have to do is Pay for it.

If you have seen, as I have, the results of this activity, you might have second Thoughts.

I refer to my years as a Nevada Private Investigator and to the Incidents I observed, the People I met while investigating the Brothells from Ash Meadows on the South to Tonopah to the North.

Now if you are a Prostitute, or a Los Angeles Houswife looking for some extra Cash while your Husband is on a Fishing Trip, then Vegas is the Place??? Or the other way around, if you are a Husband looking for a
Prostitute Vegas is the Place!!

I certainly do not beleive in paying for a Ticket Then having to give some Lowbrow Dude money for a Seat.

To Each his Own!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.