Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
I'm sure the event will be well attended... by all the stranded cruise ship passengers in San Diego who were supposed to be in Mexican ports of call. Maybe they won't even notice they aren't in Mexico! nah...

Why don't you just not go?

Why don't you just stay in TJ where you obviously belong :lol::lol::lol:

Do they really let you cross the border or do you hike through Jacumba :lol::lol::lol:

Really though- all those cruise ship passengers will love to see Baja being promoted at the same time they are being prohibited from visiting.

Not great timing either. Nothing says " honor our war vets during Memorial Day Week" like a pro-Mexico event. I don't see this event coming off as the organizers had planned. Too many negatives and uncontrolables. The Trump Baja victims will probably jump in to protest along with everyone else too.

They should have dropped the real estate hype and just made it a crafts and food event. Even then it should have been held on May 5- when nothing happens in Mexico but everyone would have been interested in San Diego. Memorial Day week? duh

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 04:49 PM

Old Town San Diego has had a spanish villiage for over fifty years, with great restaurants and many craft vendors .

Why bring the Real Estate agents into it .....

This looks as if it is just another BS event to sell real estate :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-15-2009 by CaboRon]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Old Town San Diego has had a spanish villiage for over fifty years, with great restaurants and many craft vendors .

This looks as if it is just another BS event to sell real estate :lol::lol::lol:

i think the village sprouted about 150 years ago. ask junipero serra, or alonzo horton. they should know!

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:28 PM

Quote:

I think you missed the past few years at Old Town... The State threw out the longtime successful operator (Dianne Powers), brought in some corporate geeks from Deleware who changed everything (including the restaurants) and fired everyone. They killed the place financially and I think it is being handed over to someone else again. Leasing it for free to Baja restaurants, craftsmen and such for a few years would be a generous offer and would be much better than what is there now.

[Edited on 5-16-2009 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:46 PM

Hey, Woooosh -- do you like anything....anywhere?

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005

Why do you ask? Just because I post of my dislike of shady real estate deals and promotions, the general social ignorance, the rampant institutionalized corruption and a total lack of public security bordering on "failed state" deosn't mean I don't like living here. It's getting me ready for my next life in hell. :biggrin:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005

Why do you ask? Just because I post of my dislike of shady real estate deals and promotions, the general social ignorance, the rampant institutionalized corruption and a total lack of public security bordering on "failed state" deosn't mean I don't like living here. It's getting me ready for my next life in hell. :biggrin:

:P:lol::P:lol::P:lol:

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I think you missed the past few years at Old Town... The State threw out the longtime successful operator (Dianne Powers), brought in some corporate geeks from Deleware who changed everything (including the restaurants) and fired everyone. They killed the place financially and I think it is being handed over to someone else again. Leasing it for free to Baja restaurants, craftsmen and such for a few years would be a generous offer and would be much better than what is there now.

That is really too bad, I have many fine memories of the place ....

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Not only is there no bacon on that dog, it's questionable whether the new and improved Craig's List would even post that picture. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::bounce::lol::bounce::lol::wow::lol::bounce::lol::lol:

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Quote:

i think the village sprouted about 150 years ago. ask junipero serra, or alonzo horton. they should know!

Never meet the dudes Woody :lol::lol:

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They were well intentioned and tried to be more authentic in their historic portrayal of life there 150 years ago. The costumes were all tunic-styled and brown instead of the vivid colors most people would associate with Mexico. Same for the shops and restaurant- historically correct but nothing exciting. It just wasn't what people wanted. There were also a lot of hurt feelings in the community. Why people tinker with success I'll never know or understand.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They were well intentioned and tried to be more authentic in their historic portrayal of life there 150 years ago. The costumes were all tunic-styled and brown instead of the vivid colors most people would associate with Mexico. Same for the shops and restaurant- historically correct but nothing exciting. It just wasn't what people wanted. There were also a lot of hurt feelings in the community. Why people tinker with success I'll never know or understand.

It all came down to money...Delaware West offered the State of California more money...plain and simple.

Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 07:36 PM

Well i dont care if theres any stink'n protest...... my wife and i are going. And would be happy to register:bounce: We hope to see all you bajanomads ok:spingrin: ill be wearing my super bright DRAGON shirt you can not miss me... come and ask for your free beer when you see me.................."Von i want my free beer" and ill get you one ok....see you guys there....

READY SET.....................
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 07:39 PM

Von..................I want one
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 07:47 PM

Who's this Von guy? I think I like him.
Flowers: are you going to be wearing your Ban Roll-on costume?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 07:47 PM

Von-I'm registered and I'm going to work hard for Gabriel's first words to be "Von get my dad a beer"

Zac

ps. Did my first 50 miler last weekend!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 08:39 PM

The link to the registration online form: http://www.bajabythesea.org/registro.html

Register seperately for each family member, as it will probably be for name tags.

Elizabeth and I will see you guys there!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:38 PM

Could this be an unofficial replacement for our beloved Pyramid Book signing?
I think I will try and make this event... I hear there is free beer!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Von-I'm registered and I'm going to work hard for Gabriel's first words to be "Von get my dad a beer"

Zac

How long does it take to walk 50 miles?:spingrin:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

Zac

How long does it take to walk 50 miles?:spingrin:

12 hours! Next up, 100!

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.