BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Border Patrol Continues to Hassle Us Pilots!!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This whole thread has developed from an airplane search. What will people be saying when the subject changes to body cavities?

HELLO, ANYONE HOME!!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:59 PM

I felt safe (and was safe) under the past administration, following the attack on us. To give our constitutional rights as Americans to foreign terrorists who are trying to kill us all, is beyond me.

The gang in charge now is turning those anti-terrorism measures against us, and still getting some of you to blame that on 'W'... amazing!

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Not angry?...............Your use of Capital Letters is yelling in the cyber world. Your using the quote my A&& is another example.

"to buy major gas hogs.." Your Tundra would fall in that category. You really should be in a Prius you know.

The administration is looking to review pay of publically traded companies not just the baled out ones. You know that!

Quit saying my "Bush, etc". Because I take exception to some of your points.

By the way our company has a medical plan by Blue Cross, a HMO plan, and I have my own doctor as a GP. That would probably not be the case with the government plan. So would many precedures for patients that are our age. Be honest, that is the case. Look at all government run medicene plans, ie Canada and England. You chances of a hip- replacement treatment would be questionable. Even many Democrats are rethinking the Obama health care rework.

Ken

Sorry about the caps---I know better and should have not used them---does sound angry. Inside the quote box was just lazy on my part. My apology.

Tundra IS a gas hog and when we sell our Baja home we will replace it and maybe before. We thought about a smaller truck, but the mileage difference is not much.

It is one reason we really like the idea of required mileage changes being enacted---it can be done in Trucks and SUVs. That is a good thing.

The key word is PUBLIC---that is a choice and will continue to be so.

You didn't vote for Bush?

We lost one of our favorite doctors when we lost our Blue Shield PPO and changed to the Blue Shield HMO---can only go to doctors who accept the BS HMO, and we are also limited to certain doctors within the group----Change needs to happen, and that is what the people voted for and even though my own health insurance is paid for, I fully support REAL REFORM, including the Public Option----

Not, about that Patriot Act--a real slap at our Constitution, and too many voted for it on both sides.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 07:51 PM

Here is a photo of the border crossing on a Friday morning in Otay Mesa.
The Homeland Security check was well in force. Our vehicle did not meet the profile so we were waved through. But lots of trucks, vans and SUV's were pulled over and searched before entering into Mexico.
Personally I don't feel this is an intrusion into our freedoms just as I don't feel that the searching of an airplane prior to flying into Mexico is an intrusion. I think that compared to vehicles, the plane ratio of entering into Mexico is less than .1% than that of cars (i.e. for every 100 cars there are less than 1/10% of planes flying down). I would love to fly into Baja on a moment's notice, but I feel that there are an inordinate amount of extra hassels inherent when flying down there. It isn't like you can park a plane on any beach:no:, and besides being watched from the US, ther is also another watch when flying over Mexico.:O

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 08:34 PM

The point of this thread WAS the impromptu searching of small aircraft before they cross the border... When big money or drugs are going across it's probably in freight not the suitcase of a traveler to Baja. Certainly not in an announced flight. I can legally takeoff AFTER a search and land again (like Jamul SKIDS) before crossing the border. Do the CBP / whatever guys really think their quarry is this stupid. And no, searching a four seat airplane does not make America safer despite all the flag-waving-take-my-rights-please people out there.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by airmech]

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by airmech]

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airmech[/i
The point of this thread WAS the impromptu searching of small aircraft before they cross the border... When big money or drugs are going across it's probably in freight not the suitcase of a traveler to Baja. Certainly not in an announced flight. I can legally takeoff AFTER a search and land again before crossing the border. Do the CBP / whatever guys really think their quarry is this stupid. And no, searching a four seat airplane does not make America safer despite all the flag-waving-take-my-rights-please people out there.

so sorry for you...get familiar with it ...you lose...so say we all...by order of BHO
OH...forgot, nobody has taken my rights, but then I am not a whining 3 year old.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 07:04 AM

Why search small aircraft?

The only thing that has changed are the waypoints.
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 08:19 AM
Get real --search private planes on the WAY OUT ????

That is really gonna solve the problem.

Quote:
by crisco
Why search small aircraft? The only thing that has changed are the waypoints.

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by beercan
That is really gonna solve the problem.

Quote:
by crisco
Why search small aircraft? The only thing that has changed are the waypoints.

Beercan, the drugs flow north, the money and guns flow south. I'll be more careful to spell things out in the future.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by k-rico]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
The Patriot Act was never used agains American innocent civilians,

where do you buy your koolaid? i need to get me some of your halucinogen, it seems like it must be quite powerful. how long does the high last? :lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by mtgoat666]

The koolaid is on your lips my friend...

I asked you this last time, and you didn't answer: Name someone (an American patriot) you personally know who lost any freedom under the previous administration. This includes things like false imprisonment... but not border waits, as we had them before 9-11.

I am one.

By virtue of the Patriot Act, I can no longer move my money around from MMAs or CDs because I no longer have a bonafide street address in the US. The financial institutions have software that recognizes PMBs, etc., and the ones I've talked to say they have it because the Feds required it as a result of the Patriot Act. Three have told me this; Discover Bank, Ally and Zions Bank.

So, I'm an American citizen who has lost the freedom to shop financial institutions without having a street address in the US because of the Patriot Act. I choose not to use a relative's address for other tax reasons.

It costs me money each month, abiding by the Patriot Act and I have less freedom.

I've always preferred fine whine to kool-aid.

beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 10:02 AM
No need to spell any of your tortured

ideas out --it's in the numbers -

a couple of hundred aircraft per day Vs. 100,000 ++++ vehicles per day ---where is it easier to hide and what will carry the most load ?

Quote:
by crisco
Beercan, the drugs flow north, the money and guns flow south. I'll be more careful to spell things out in the future.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
I asked you this last time, and you didn't answer: Name someone (an American patriot) you personally know who lost any freedom under the previous administration.

EVERYBODY lost freedom under the previous administration as a result of the patriot act and snooping practices developed by the bush junta. EVERYDODY, even you, dk
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 12:34 PM

Lists of documented cases of real drug smuggling

http://www.google.com/search?q=cia+drug+smuggling
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-8-2009 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
The Patriot Act was never used agains American innocent civilians,

where do you buy your koolaid? i need to get me some of your halucinogen, it seems like it must be quite powerful. how long does the high last? :lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by mtgoat666]

The koolaid is on your lips my friend...

I asked you this last time, and you didn't answer: Name someone (an American patriot) you personally know who lost any freedom under the previous administration. This includes things like false imprisonment... but not border waits, as we had them before 9-11.

I am one.

By virtue of the Patriot Act, I can no longer move my money around from MMAs or CDs because I no longer have a bonafide street address in the US. The financial institutions have software that recognizes PMBs, etc., and the ones I've talked to say they have it because the Feds required it as a result of the Patriot Act. Three have told me this; Discover Bank, Ally and Zions Bank.

So, I'm an American citizen who has lost the freedom to shop financial institutions without having a street address in the US because of the Patriot Act. I choose not to use a relative's address for other tax reasons.

It costs me money each month, abiding by the Patriot Act and I have less freedom.

I've always preferred fine whine to kool-aid.

Thanks Hook for a GOOD ANSWER... I agree that is a loss of an ability because funneling money to terrorist had to be stopped... Is needing an address for electronic banking really a 'freedom' that was lost?

I guess what I am asking for is a loss of constitutional freedoms, spelled out in the Bill of Rights.

Thanks for a good reply, none-the-less... Now, I am still waiting for a mature, honest answer from the goat.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 09:37 PM
clarifications

I do not post much on this site for many reasons. Some of you make very stupid and unsupported statements and I won't waste my typing time to respond. However, I do want to clarify some things.

For anyone to suggest that my past posts involving SCORE racing, private strips, etc. would be a factor in the search is absurd. We have crossed the border hundreds of times and have gone into secondary 3-4 times for CBP to scrutinize us. Our passports get scanned each time and no flags are thrown. NONE of these times has CBP found any contraband.

The most important point ALL of you non-pilots are missing is that you and your traveling buddies are not (at the present time) required to tell the govt. what time and date you are going to Baja!!!!!!! You are not required to go on-line and list all the passengers, their passport numbers, dates of birth, etc. and THEN wait for an email to clear you to go!!!

Get it now???

As pilots, we are not elitist, just like to enjoy seeing Baja from the air as well as from the ground.

I am also a BBP member and have already discussed my incident with Jack and my detailed report will be sent to him.

Thanks to all who really know me in the flesh. To those who do not...be more careful on what you say about someone you do not know!!
beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 10:11 PM
Thanks Steekers--Ditto !!!!!!!!!

Most on this board have no conception of the rigors of flying your own Airplane. The regulations, the training and the costs ----keep coming ! I fly and love it, but this and now the 406 costs and other factors make me wonder if I need to continue ?

airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 10:24 PM

WELL SAID STEEKERS!

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2009 at 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
To those who do not...be more careful on what you say about someone you do not know!!

Thanks for the advice. And without getting too personal, I should tell you that this morning your T210 departed West Palm Beach for the Bahamas. Another international flight. If you really look at what I posted, you'll see I said it was your lifestyle that was ringing the bells at CBP, not your postings. You should consider that CBP is probably getting lots of data on your plane's landing locations. If you are still in California, then it looks like you are not the only one flying it.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 06:32 AM

Michael - you and Bob and Airmech all put it they way it needs to be said.
well done!!

the AZ flying sams all take off this morning for Baja. i wonder how many will be delayed. hell, i wonder how many decided NOT to go this month.:fire::mad:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 07:46 AM

Perhaps the authorities are taking the attitude that it doesn't make any difference who is in the airplane, the fact is that a small aircraft is being flown into and out of an area that is a hotbed for smuggling and therefore they are going to search it.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.