BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Is the U.S. doing enough to help dying Juarez?
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 07:39 PM

I'm not following the logic of the title of this op-ed piece, "Is the U.S. doing enough to help dying Juarez?". The writer seems to have leaped over the first question, which should be, "SHOULD the U.S. be doing anything to help Juarez?" Once the writer established why he thinks we should, then he can delve into how much we should be doing. He has it as a foregone conclusion we should help Juarez. Why? Who are they to us? What is Juarez' strategic importance to the US? What can we do that Mexico cannot do?

If you want to see the absurdity in the title, just substitute another place for Juarez:

"Is the U.S. doing enough to help dying Iran?"
"Is the U.S. doing enough to help dying North Korea?"
"Is the U.S. doing enough to help dying Somali pirates?"

No soy por ni contra apatía.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio

No - I think you need to get real about who is behind the drug war and who it is really benefiting. You really are so closed and narrow minded you can't see the bigger picture.

Tell us all about it, jewels. I'm sure you're the only one that knows.

Quote:

Do you really think that there a handful of real bad burros that can out gun, out think, out fight, and out maneuver the intelligence of the DEA, FBI, CIA, NSA, and any other arms of the government?

Well...yes, I do. The dirt eating VC did it against everything we could throw at them. It was a matter of desire. Who has the strongest desire in this war?

Quote:

Ignorance is bliss I guess. You guys are so busy watching the flag wave you don't see what they are doing with the pole. However you are starting to feel it though aren't you?

Feel what? What are you talking about? You make no sense with your stupid, ignorant metaphores.

I told you before, jewels....if you want to go to war, you have to arm yourself. As it stands now, I could give you a map to an oven ten miles away and you would walk there and crawl in.

I'll send you some links to Amazon Books that will prep you for the future. It's just not fun doing this with the ill-prepared.

CHOW
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 10:20 PM

Dennis, people that think like you think are the reason the US is falling apart. Stay blind cause you've already bailed and from your bar stool it won't make any difference how bad it gets.
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 10:23 PM

BTW Dennis - people in ovens? That has been done before. Thats exactly the mentality I was referring to with the sheets.
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 10:46 PM

Send me your Amazon book links Dennis. Be glad to check them out. In the meantime here is a little reading list for you. I assume you can read?

Coletta Youngers, Eileen Rosin, ed (2005). Drugs and democracy in Latin America: the impact of U.S. policy. Lynne Rienner Publishers. pp. 206.

Rodney Stich (2007). Drugging America: A Trojan Horse. Silverpeak Enterprises. pp. 433–434. ISBN

c-ckburn, Alexander; Jeffrey St. Clair (1998). "9". Whiteout, the CIA, drugs and the press. New York: Verso. ISBN 1-85984-258-5.

Blum, William. "The CIA and Drugs: Just say "Why not?"". Third World Traveller. http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/CIADrugs_WBlum.html. Retrieved 30 January 2010.

Alfred W. McCoy, The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia

Alfred W. McCoy, "A Correspondence with the CIA, New York Review of Books 19:4 (21 September 1972).

"The Secret Team, Part IV: Visiting Vietnam", John Bacher, Peace Magazine Jun-Jul 1988,

Rodney Stich (2008). Defrauding America, Volume 1. Silverpeak Enterprises. pp. 381–384. ISBN 9780932438331

Joseph J. Trento (2005). The Secret History of the CIA. Carroll & Graf Publishers. pp. 345–347. ISBN 9780786715008.

Douglas Valentine (2004). The strength of the wolf: the secret history of America's war on drugs. Verso. pp. 419–420. ISBN 9781859845684.

9 November 1991 interview with Alfred McCoy, by Paul DeRienzo

p. 385 of The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade, by McCoy, with Cathleen B. Read and Leonard P. Adams II, 2003, ISBN 1-55652-483-8

"Crack the CIA" , winner of the 2003 Sundance Online Film Festival

New York Times Service, "Venezuelan general who led CIA program indicted," Dallas Morning News (26 November 1996) p. 6A.

Russ Kick, ed (2001). You are being lied to: the disinformation guide to media distortion, historical whitewashes and cultural myths. The Disinformation Company. pp. 132. ISBN 9780966410075.

c-ckburn, Alexander; Jeffrey St. Clair (1998). Whiteout: The CIA, Drugs and the Press. New York: Verso. pp. 287–290. ISBN 1859842585.

Buckley, Kevin (1991). Panama: The Whole Story. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-0671727949.

Rodney Stich (2008). Defrauding America, Volume 2. Silverpeak Enterprises. pp. 9–11. ISBN 9780932438195.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Dennis, people that think like you think are the reason the US is falling apart. Stay blind cause you've already bailed and from your bar stool it won't make any difference how bad it gets.

The USA was founded by revolutionaries and that spirit still runs deep. We still have the right to free speech and to bear arms. Mexico was conquered by the Spanish and it would seem from recent events, has gone almost nowhere politically since. We'll be just fine up there, don't worry- but thanks.

Mexico would improve faster if some of the professional and highly-educated Mexicans living in the USA would simply return to their hometowns for a few years and do some community service to nudge it along.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

The USA was founded by revolutionaries and that spirit still runs deep. We still have the right to free speech and to bear arms. Mexico was conquered by the Spanish and it would seem from recent events, has gone almost nowhere politically since. We'll be just fine up there, don't worry- but thanks.

Mexico would improve faster if some of the professional and highly-educated Mexicans living in the USA would simply return to their hometowns for a few years and do some community service to nudge it along.

Why don't you watch these and tell me about the revolutionary spirit and the US and how free it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4IGwuKdUQ

Please make sure you watch all 3 before commenting.

And heres how close you are to losing your right to bear arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTMq0C0OKNg&feature=relat...

Time to wake up.

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Donjulio]
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 11:18 PM

Arrowhead, let's not leave Darfur off your list

Dennis, In answer to your question about the Rangers cleaning up their neighborhood, Fort Lewis is just a few miles from Tacoma (remember, this was several years ago) the 'hill top' area was cheap to live, so not knowing the area several Rangers moved there, not knowing about the gangs, drugs and whatever else was going on in therir neighborhood this had been festering for awhile, duggies on their corners near their children they decided to 'clean it up'...........so they decided to arm themselves and went out into the street and confront the bad guys. shots were fired, no one killed, the police didn't arrest anyone (the Rangers had called them before hand informing them what they were goingg to do...the police wanted no part of it I guess.) The result was, that a neighborhood of 100yr. old beautiful homes were again safe for children to play outside....not so anymore...the Rangers are gone and the idiots are back.

Mean people suck!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
CHOW

dennis, it is spelled "ciao," knucklehead.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
CHOW

dennis, it is spelled "ciao," knucklehead.

I know how to spell it, but I was hungry. :lol::lol::lol:

By the way...doesn't the i need one of these í ?

CÍAO

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by DENNIS]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
The result was, that a neighborhood of 100yr. old beautiful homes were again safe for children to play outside....not so anymore...the Rangers are gone and the idiots are back.

Sounds like a really effective "Neighborhood Watch Program." It's a shame it couldn't be replicated today without "gangbanger rights" becoming an issue.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 10:19 AM

Quote:

That's right. I did my part and paid my dues. The rest is up to heros like you who want people to act like brainless cows.
Don't you have a recommendation for a primer on "going through life without a thought of your own?"
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 10:57 AM

Dennis, help me out. I seem to have lost my tally sheet. Is this the 4th or the 5th time DonJulio has left and then come back?
:biggrin:

No soy por ni contra apatía.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

Why don't you watch these and tell me about the revolutionary spirit and the US and how free it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4IGwuKdUQ

Please make sure you watch all 3 before commenting.

And heres how close you are to losing your right to bear arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTMq0C0OKNg&feature=relat...

Time to wake up.

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Donjulio]

Nah. Pointing fingers is a deception used by ignorant people and countries too ugly to look at themselves honestly in the mirror. Nice try though. Come back down to your country and help your people fast- because Mexico is going down the tubes... and not the YouTubes. Failed state in everything but name right now.

My family in Torreon says the worst drug violence has even spread to there - with a gift-wrapped severed head found in their neighborhood. The police force, brave men and women that they are, have gone on strike and threaten to quit rather than get shot at. Not a revolutionary drop of blood among them. What a mess I'll take the land of the free and the home of the brave when it hits the fan thanks.

Mexico needs more Mexi-cans and less Mexi-can'ts. JMO.

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:20 AM

Thats what I figured. Between you three you cant come up with an intelligent and logical argument against anything that was presented. Also I am sure that you didn't look any of it up, research it or watch the information. Too bad.

Dennis says "I paid my part and paid my dues". What a crock! Talk about not taking responsibility. Wow.

Thats OK though. And woosh - seems to me like it's you guys that are continuously pointing fingers.

Arrowhead - seems you can't count too well. But that's OK.

Now the playground is getting fun.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Dennis, help me out. I seem to have lost my tally sheet. Is this the 4th or the 5th time DonJulio has left and then come back?

I don't know. It's like a silent encore. :lol:
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead

I don't know. It's like a silent encore. :lol:

Well I guess if you can't intelligently debate then changing the subject will work. Maybe you should have been one of those US politicians that you love so much. Anyway - done with this topic. Next!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio Also I am sure that you didn't look any of it up, research it or watch the information. Too bad.

I viewed the links. What I can't figure out is what either the CIA or U.N. forces have to do with cartel violence in Mexico.

Why are Mexicans killing Mexicans? The CIA told them? They can't help themselves? What?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I viewed the links. What I can't figure out is what either the CIA or U.N. forces have to do with cartel violence in Mexico.

Why are Mexicans killing Mexicans? The CIA told them? They can't help themselves? What?

More conspiracy theory. Gunfire from the grassy knoll and all that nonsense.
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

More conspiracy theory. Gunfire from the grassy knoll and all that nonsense.

This is exactly the ignorance that the government and conspirators count on and the ignorance that guarantees the problem will never be solved.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.