BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The "Shack" is back in a new location - LA PAZ! Arguably the best burger in all of Baja. Come in and find out for
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:48 AM

See you next wednesday on one of our trips from Loreto/Nopolo.
We'll be there around 4pm and maybe some La Paz Nomads would like to join us? Always nice to put faces to posters.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:50 AM

Good idea! I can always talk the wife into one of Travis's burgers.:yes:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
See you next wednesday on one of our trips from Loreto/Nopolo.
We'll be there around 4pm and maybe some La Paz Nomads would like to join us? Always nice to put faces to posters.:biggrin:
Always look forward to meeting other Nomads. I'd love to join you if I may.

bajabass, Are you back in LP? Whjy didn't you leave the wind NOB?

In Memory of E-57
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 10:28 AM

I'm back, and the wind and rain chased me all the way down. It poured and blew all night up in La Mision on Friday. OK, a week from today, around 4, somebody warn Travis!!!:lol:

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
I'm back, and the wind and rain chased me all the way down. It poured and blew all night up in La Mision on Friday. OK, a week from today, around 4, somebody warn Travis!!!:lol:

Bass, the reason I made it 4 pm, so, in case lots of Nomads show, it won't be crowded and there will be room for us.:P:P
Besides he shouldn't have run out of supplies by then.:P:P

Looking forward to meeting you and Dra.
Ed.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 12:15 PM

I'll check the wifes schedule, but as I said, she loves the Shack. Looking forward to it Ed!
Jon

lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2011 at 06:17 AM

Thanks for the get together Ed, it was great to see you and Barb again and can now connect new faces to names! It's always fun to find out that some of those faces live very close by. The Pizza was pretty darned good too!

•Life is just one damned thing after another
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-17-2011 at 08:48 AM

"Good Mexican cooks could do a great job on gumbo, I think"

Take a look in the "cooking" area of most restaurants... and one finds... Mexican's cooking everything from Chinese to German food... in American eating establishments... and they are excellent at what they do...

Many of the wife's family were all cooks... or as they preferred "chef " ...

Must say ... have always eaten pretty good .. from the Mexican side of our family ... a long ways from the Southern cooking I grew up on ... catsup's was always on the table while growing up... in our house...

Well done was the only way meat was served ... and ya ate your gristle too .. before leaving the table... pockets and socks were checked...

Thanks for the memories ...

The wife is just starting in... Chorizo, potatoes and egg's.. with fresh corn or flour ... and of course some fresh peppers from the garden ... I like the jalapeno and serrano with my meals... have become addicted to peppers... even the habanero, in very small portions for added kick and flavor, very unique flavor the habanero ...

Thank God for the America's and what they did and do for food ... even art .... hell, even Van Gogh wouldn't have been able to paint one of his great works.. "The Potato Eaters"... if not for the America's .. guess it would have been entitled the "cabbage eaters"...

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/Painting/453/Potato-Ea...

[Edited on 11-17-2011 by wessongroup]

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-18-2011 at 02:13 PM

The Shacks are a dime a dozen down in the deep south of the USA. Gumbo? Oh yea!!:D
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2011 at 02:20 PM

Nice pics, great new friends!

In Memory of E-57
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-18-2011 at 02:42 PM

Why aren't those people smiling?
theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 11-19-2011 at 09:36 AM

Good morning Shackers, we now have $10 peso Draft Modelo Negro! Today's Special is a 16+ oz. Ribeye served with garlic mash and a fresh salad for only $140 pesos! Try our new 1/4 lb. 100% all beef Nathan's chili dog with fries for $65 pesos or a Frito pie with a salad for $65 pesos. Buckets of beer are always $100 pesos for 6 and starting next Friday we will be having a Dart tourney with a wing special. Pool table on the way and don't forget to sign our wall when your here! This is turning out to be great season and we look forward to seeing you. The Shack is your backyard, just don't pee on our plants! Love.
theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 11-26-2011 at 11:09 PM

All you can eat Pig Roast at The Shack for $150 pesos starting Sunday and every Sunday through out the season! Come on by The Shack and enjoy Roasted whole pig, tater salad, beans , slaw and all the fixins every Sunday @5pm. Also join us on Saturday Dec.3rd for "Hang Ten party" The Mexican Weirdo's ( a Dick Dale coverband) 60's surf music. Band starts at 9 pm, $50 peso cover, drink specials. Wear your Hawaiian Shirts and dresses and put on your dancin shoes! It's going to be off the wall! See ya soon! Love The Rodgers' Family.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.