Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Beautiful INEXPENSIVE Beach Front Property
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Dosen't this Guy claim Association to the Eldorado Ranch Project.
That alone would make anyone RUNNNNNN.
whats wrong with el dorado ranch (other than its in san felipe)? I thought folks were pretty happy there. no?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:07 PM

WOW --- WOW

First of all, let me say that I in NO way am saying that this development is legitimate or a scam or anything in between. I am just a bit confused by the total attack with little specific information --- so many general statements about OTHER developments.

Because there have been a lot of failed developments in the San Felipe area, have ALL developments been scams?

Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project, and the advice to be careful in using the person who sold you a lot to be in charge of construction is good advice anywhere as that situation might be okay, but it can lead to one being nickel and dimed to death

That is all I can find? What am I missing. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of THIS specific development --- not just knowledge of OTHER developments?

It seems to me that to advise the buyer to beware is just a common advice for people buying anywhere, but to declare this development as a total scam without SPECIFIC knowledge of this SPECIFIC development is over the top.

Perhaps a general list of what a buyer should check before buying would be more constructive advise. Otherwise, just using general information about other developments to slam this development seems to border on slander.

Again, maybe I missed something, but where is the SPECIFIC information about this SPECIFIC development?

It could be a complete scam, I sure don't know. I do know the people who live full or part time in San Felipe know A LOT more are the area than I do. I am just confused because from all of the general attacks it sounds like all developments in the area are scams.

In the name of fairness, shouldn't the attack be specific with specific facts?

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by DianaT]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project,

Perhaps that's a clue as to the age of the website.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project,

Perhaps that's a clue as to the age of the website.

That I believe is valid. Before the economic and real estate collapse, many projects that were started stopped and are now coming back to life.

Gees, I sound like I am defending this project, and I am not.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:

Now Now......let's not be silly. :lol:

I think any project in San Felipe is fair territory for wild speculation. There has been a lot of spilled blood over there....reportedly.

If the project is sound, it will take the heat, and, in fact, should welcome it. "Answer the questions now, or answer them later."
More transparency is good for sales.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:22 PM

By the way......Who is Rancho Costa Verde?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:26 PM

whoa diana! you forget who you're dealin with here. look how happy baja has made these nomads!:lol:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I think any project in San Felipe is fair territory for wild speculation. There has been a lot of spilled blood over there....reportedly.

If the project is sound, it will take the heat, and, in fact, should welcome it. "Answer the questions now, or answer them later."

AH, questions yes, and I know you received an e-mail for asking questions, and I do question that; maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh? :biggrin: OK, that is a judgment call.

However, he has been flat-out declared a con and told to go away --- scum, for sure and none of that appears to be based on "real" information. Again, what am I missing?

Is it slander or legit?

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
whoa diana! you forget who you're dealin with here. look how happy baja has made these nomads!:lol:

:lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh?

Gloves are off when dealing with someone who's soliciting my hard earned money based on unqualified trust.
Truman said it best. He said.........uhh...........um.......we'll he said sumpin. :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
So at what kilometer marker is this place '30 minutes south'? Percebu is near Km.20.

From their website: http://ranchocostaverde.com/?p=2696

......"Rancho Costa Verde is a totally unique green master planned beach community south of San Felipe at KM 52.5"......

Thank you... near where Arroyo Matomi reaches the gulf, a dozen miles north of Puertecitos.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:43 PM

Heyyyyyy....thats Pompano and Osprey. :o
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
By the way......Who is Rancho Costa Verde?

Frank Ingrande, principal and co-founder

http://ranchocostaverde.com/?p=2696

Google Frank Ingrande, interesting hits.......

My question is.....who is posting???

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by bajaguy]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

My question is.....who is posting???

You mean "Omar?"
Good question, but he ain't no stranger to the site.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh?

Gloves are off when dealing with someone who's soliciting my hard earned money based on unqualified trust.
Truman said it best. He said.........uhh...........um.......we'll he said sumpin. :lol:

Or was that Will Rodgers? Oh, I think it was P. T. Barnum? :biggrin:

As did Joe Friday, I am looking for; "Just the facts, ma'am"
:biggrin:

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 02:05 PM

I remember, in the '70s when the El Dorado proposed development was owned by (I can't think of the name) a company in California that makes ball point pens. They were giving away lots. I responded to an ad that was a contest, and of course, I won. All I had to do was to visit the site and pick up my title to my lot.

Even then I was a skeptical being. I never went. I never picked up my "free" title to my lot. I was sure surprised when the development actually happened. Someone here asked if El Dorado residents are happy. Well???

They were up here at the Nevada County Fairgrounds two years ago, selling lots.

Unfinished projects? How about Loreto Bay? The developers ran into trouble a couple of time during different entities. They finally had to just complete what construction that been started and then stop. It never got built out as in the original plan. Before the Loreto Bay project existed, the project was started by Fonatur. They built a few homes closer to the highway and then abandoned their endeavor. Vagabundo, can you add anything or refute? I understand you are happy with your place.

What about the proposed development on Santa Barbara beach, in Bahia Conception, Mulege?

The Pacific Coast between TJ and Rosarito are filled with abandoned blights. Can you say Donald Trump, for example?

I would not say that this new proposed solar development touted by Omar is not legitimate. However, there are too many failed projects that people invested in and lost everything that are common knowledge. It's going to be a tough sell. I do wish them the best, though. I would like to see it become a success. Unfortunately, I will not be contributing. :no::no::rolleyes:

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

AH, questions yes, and I know you received an e-mail for asking questions, and I do question that; maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh? :biggrin: OK, that is a judgment call.

However, he has been flat-out declared a con and told to go away --- scum, for sure and none of that appears to be based on "real" information. Again, what am I missing?

Is it slander or legit?

Cons always dont have facts that makes sense. Re read this guys retorts and his "claims'. If you cant see the red flags....well.....most others here sure can.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Unfortunately, I will not be contributing. :no::no::rolleyes:

Awww c'mon, Tony. You can do it. Send Omar a check. :D
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

I had my say about your scam. Anyone that reads these posts of mine.....will indeed have at least the foresight to not jump on your honey wagon.

Tragic that guys like you are willing to take hard earned money from folks........and their dreams.

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Cons always dont have facts that makes sense. Re read this guys retorts and his "claims'. If you cant see the red flags....well.....most others here sure can.

Yes, with all developments there are red flags and questions should be asked --- buyers should be careful and informed. As implied, I am not so stupid or naive to not see some red flags. And your input about your OPINION of those red flags is legitimate.

I still think that unless someone has SPECIFIC knowledge about the SPECIFIC project and the SPECIFIC people involved, that comments like you made, are perhaps a bit out of line and perhaps slanderous.

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by DianaT]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2013 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
I remember, in the '70s when the El Dorado proposed development was owned by (I can't think of the name) a company in California that makes ball point pens. They were giving away lots. I responded to an ad that was a contest, and of course, I won. All I had to do was to visit the site and pick up my title to my lot.

The national pen company. They were always having contests and everyone was a winner, a friend of mine won a portable spa, he sent them $69.99 for shipping and handling, he received an inflatable kiddie pool and a tiny 12v pump.:lol: Sometime after that, I received notice that I had won a lot, was skeptical, so read the fine print and determined that if they gave away every lot, (they were really tiny) they would generate somewhere around 20 million just on the "title registration fees". :lol:
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.