Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Beach House 71 miles South of San Felipe
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2013 at 10:42 AM

David...its been awhile, but still plugging away on the Zuniga story and Punta Final. Too many items getting in the way.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-30-2013 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
David...its been awhile, but still plugging away on the Zuniga story and Punta Final. Too many items getting in the way.

Good to hear Michael! It's tough when life gets into the way of a good Baja story that needs telling!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 10:45 AM

Hey there, Willardguy I had a great conversation about the shrine (capilla) at the top of the long grade on the old road between Puerticitos and Nacho's Camp. It was built over a couple of weeks by 3 locals, one of whom is a son of Francisca "la Chuca". It was done strictly as an act of faith in the Virgin of Guadalupe, not to remember the passing of a person, and the sight was selected for its view.
There is 1 unfortunate coincidence in that the day the capilla was finished and the guys returned home, they discovered that Sr Romero, Francisca's husband and father of one of the builders, had passed away. No one could remember who collected rattlesnakes around that time, though, and the family has never lost a son, either. Just adding my grain of sand and wishing you well.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2014 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by area51captive
Hey there, Willardguy I had a great conversation about the shrine (capilla) at the top of the long grade on the old road between Puerticitos and Nacho's Camp. It was built over a couple of weeks by 3 locals, one of whom is a son of Francisca "la Chuca". It was done strictly as an act of faith in the Virgin of Guadalupe, not to remember the passing of a person, and the sight was selected for its view.
There is 1 unfortunate coincidence in that the day the capilla was finished and the guys returned home, they discovered that Sr Romero, Francisca's husband and father of one of the builders, had passed away. No one could remember who collected rattlesnakes around that time, though, and the family has never lost a son, either. Just adding my grain of sand and wishing you well.
so is the shrine of guadalupe that papa had built the one thats inside a natural cave with a statue in it that you could only briefly see traveling north only??? and the lower shine going up the hill out of huerfanito maybe the spot where one of alfonsina's workers rolled her over loaded truck killing the driver? anyone have pictures of these and did the new road destroy these or just bypass em?:?:
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2014 at 07:53 PM

I'm BAAACK !! Just returned from a disastrous open house of my casa in Nacho's Camp, aka El Huerfanito. Had 23 people show up. Ha, Ha, got your attention, didn't I? Well, the party of 23 (9 adults, 14 kids) were all one group. They came from Mexicali after making an appointment. Turns out the couple interested in the house invited in-laws and co-workers each of whom invited friends. When the couple arrived, they said they were very tired from driving and would like to start the BBQ and have something to eat. Then, they probably would gather wood for a bonfire on the beach for the kids, and they would be staying the night. This was a side of Mexican culture I hadn't experienced before. My position was that it sounded like they had decided to buy and I would like to have my money before the fiesta started. "Oh no", was the reply, "We will need a couple of weeks to think it over." Now while I'm wondering how to respond, a crowd is in the bathroom asking for more water for the toilet which was stopped-up and, because one of them couldn't wait, was sprayed including the bath mat and back wall. So I took the principal guy aside and asked him if there was a house in Mexicali for sale, would they all show-up, eat, and stay the night? He got the message and rounded everybody up saying he'd be back in the morning. Never showed.

So the house is back on the market, $2000 less (asking $15000 now) and I'd be happy to answer any questions. Thanks again to BajaNomad for the chance to advertise.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 2-12-2014 at 08:23 PM

Still looks like a great spot. Hang in there :cool:

[Edited on 2-13-2014 by BajaRat]
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:26 AM

I've got some new photos of the house from last months trip. Also, it looks like I've got to make a commitment to start work (Oh, dread!) soon, so if anybody knows anybody who wants to make an offer on the casa, belly on up to the table.

Special apologies to David K because he took time to explain how to "photobucket" the pics but I couldn't get it right. Does this website have a forum for us "useless"?

I had an email conversation with a great guy from Punta Final. His reference point is from the 1960's !! He really enjoyed all the contributions from Nomad posters familiar with that area and with the maps that were added by David K

Please see below

[Edited on 2-22-2014 by area51captive]
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 07:40 PM

Well, I messed that up ! Here are the new, "new" photos. Thanks to Marty Cortez for the virtual slap on the face. No wonder my wife always tells me to, "Count your change". I think I got Photobucket working.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 08:21 PM

Umm... if you don't use Photobucket, and the IMG link assigned to your photos there, they need to be 'wrapped' with IMG tags... you can either click on the image button and enter the url and the tags are automatically added:

or manually put [img] one the front and [/img] on the back of a image url (web address in blue above).

Any photo should be no greater than 800 pixels wide, for a 100% full size photo (as that is how wide Nomad is). To post bigger just stretches the entire page, make reading text and seeing the entire photo an effort, and does not enhance a photo quality. The ones above are 600 pixels and should work fine....

Here's the last image from your list, with the tags added:

[Edited on 2-21-2014 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 09:13 AM

Thank you, David K. I guess I'll have to repost the links with the img wrapping because I don't know how to edit a previous post. Is the img tag on the Photobucket homepage or here on the BajaNomad webpage? Thanks for the help (and your patience).
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 09:39 AM

It is here, right above where you type in your new post (not the Quick Reply area).

You just can click EDIT (see it next to your posts, upper right side)... add the tags to each of your photo links and edit the post! No need to redo it all. I have to go to San Diego this morning, otherwise I will be happy to do it if you need assistance.
Okay, San Diego can wait a few minutes... stand by>>>

[Edited on 2-21-2014 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 09:47 AM
HERE they are..

Quote:
Originally posted by area51captive
Well, I messed that up ! Here are the new, "new" photos. Thanks to Marty Cortez for the virtual slap on the face. No wonder my wife always tells me to, "Count your change".

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 10:59 AM

I think I got the "Edit" procedure. Now I'm on to Photobucket. I'll eventually learn the proper techniques, probably just about the time the house sells!!

Photobucket works !!

Thank you

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2014 at 10:59 AM

I'm happy to announce that the house will be open for viewing from the 28th of Feb to about the 10th of Mar (unless someone buys me out before). This will probably have to be the last time to see inside until Nov-Dec. Hope to see you all in camp.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-24-2014 at 11:59 AM

Good show 51 ... takes a while, but, your getting it down :biggrin::biggrin:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.