Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: In Defense of Shockingly Dangerous Desert Racing in Mexico
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 01:52 PM

Correct, they (Four Wheeler magazines) make you appreciate dirt roads, camping, four wheeling, and being out in Nature. Tread lightly is four wheeling, not at all the same as off road racing (primarily a 2WD sport).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 03:23 PM

Agreed. I was mostly responding to all the sensational banter on here, and hadn't read the original article. Good, well written article I must say. After helping with some pitting years ago, I was hooked on exploring it on my own terms. Running around the desert trying to find a broke down car to possibly work on is for the dogs!

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBreak  
Agreed. I was mostly responding to all the sensational banter on here, and hadn't read the original article. Good, well written article I must say. After helping with some pitting years ago, I was hooked on exploring it on my own terms. Running around the desert trying to find a broke down car to possibly work on is for the dogs!

LOL!

I went from camping and fishing in Baja, to off road race spectating and pitting ('78-'85)... and was in the '79 Baja 1000... back to camping and slow, 4WD trips (see our Pole Line Road report), and researching the old Spanish missions in Baja.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 07:09 PM

Yes pls, review the entire thread. Some have their own unique way of interpreting "tread lightly". TP in the desert, cutting locks on gates, building roads, slipping and sliding everywhere and thinking "isn't this great".
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Yes pls, review the entire thread. Some have their own unique way of interpreting "tread lightly". TP in the desert, cutting locks on gates, building roads, slipping and sliding everywhere and thinking "isn't this great".
Again Mr CF ,you and your other 3/4 freaks,on this off road forum.Norte get a life you are out gunned by the hundreds of pro off road on this forum.Yes you do have the right to rant,but I have the right.To tell you are a sick puppy.You like to pick on David some others.There kind to you on there answers,I wont be.do your control freak with your own family.You wont get away with it here.:P
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 04:03 AM

Are you referring to me? I did read the entire thread before I posted, I said I hadn't read the originally posted article. I'll keep slippin' and slidin' in many facets of life, and enjoy it. Be sure to tell the locals where to leave their TP in person when you have a chance, should go over well.

Get off the off-road forum and find something better to do with your time, or at least somewhere else to post, ya whiney perrita...
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 04:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Do you have a clue as what Four Wheeler Magazine was about...? Does "tread lightly" ring a bell? Family camping and back country driving, the right way, is always encouraged. Four wheel drive reduces damage. It is 2WD vehicles that spin tires, lacking traction, the digs ruts and tears up roads.

Forty-four thousand three hundred and twenty posts and you just keep getting funnier!

This image from Fourwheeler.com clearly shows how two wheel drive would have not "treaded lightly" and very likely would have been damaging to the environment. Good thing these guys are doing back country driving "the right way" and not ripping the crap out of the creek. Notice how they are not leaving ruts, or tearing up the road. You're a crack up!

Didn't realize you were there to witness their driving. I can only imagine the damage that would happen if a flash flood were to come through that wash...oh the horror!. Those irresponsible Range Rover drivers/station wagon testers should have built a bridge across that creek.

I can't speak for the current magazine, but the ones from the 90's were good, and my favorite part was 'The Wanderers' articles. I don't recall much condoning 2wd pre-runners going out driving trails. I like the machinery, but am personally not a big fan of the 'pre-runner' crowd.

[Edited on 7-3-2015 by BajaBreak]
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 06:48 AM

Are you referring to me? I did read the entire thread before I posted, I said I hadn't read the originally posted article. I'll keep slippin' and slidin' in many facets of life, and enjoy it. Be sure to tell the locals where to leave their TP in person when you have a chance, should go over well.

Get off the off-road forum and find something better to do with your time, or at least somewhere else to post, ya whiney perrita...

Ya gotta luv these guys. "If you don't like the way I tear up the environment, then do not look at what I am doing." ANswer for Chit and TP every where....tell someone else. Brilliant.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 07:26 AM

poster children for off-roading. Probably crap in their own back yard, do doughnuts in the front yard, and hope a flash flood comes through to clean it all up. Fly that battle flag high boys.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 07:34 AM

More TP post from Norte Get outta this forum.Your crap post,is just coming outta your ears.Your such a sick puppy,Start thinking of the fool you are.You hate life,anybody having a good time,while your up to chit.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 08:17 AM

Jeees!

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
More TP post from Norte Get outta this forum.Your crap post,is just coming outta your ears.Your such a sick puppy,Start thinking of the fool you are.You hate life,anybody having a good time,while your up to chit.

Why is it that so many 4 wheelers never made it past the 4th grade? Take a look at the spelling, punctuation, incomplete sentences, spacing, etc. I guess their drivers license exam came in the form of a comic book.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 09:39 AM

When liberals run out of facts, they resort to insults and name calling.

Where is the 'open-mindedness' and 'accepting other cultures and life styles' that liberals love to brag only they possess?

:light:

Right on, just ask Donald Trump.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 11:30 AM
Check

norte is an angry person who hates freedom and thinks anyone who enjoys the outdoors with an 'off-road' vehicle is an elementary school drop out. Duly noted. Generalize much? Do you have any higher education in Biology? I agree with some of the land closures, but people like you take it to extremes. You better hope you never get hit by a car, and then the only way you can get far off the beaten path is with a 'four-wheeler'. Some off-roaders I know have UCSD Neuroscience degrees.

You are a fool as far as I can tell. I will simply ignore anything you post from here on. I may save 1 response for your simple-minded comeback before I start though.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 11:51 AM

Let me also say that one of the strongest advocates of four wheeling in Baja, is Jeep Rubicon owner Ken Cooke, a good friend who does not fit norte's ideas in the least. Four wheeling is not a white, Republican, uneducated's hobby, and Ken is living proof of all those norte ideas!

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 01:35 PM

norte is an angry person who hates freedom and thinks anyone who enjoys the outdoors with an 'off-road' vehicle is an elementary school drop out. Duly noted. Generalize much? Do you have any higher education in Biology? I agree with some of the land closures, but people like you take it to extremes. You better hope you never get hit by a car, and then the only way you can get far off the beaten path is with a 'four-wheeler'. Some off-roaders I know have UCSD Neuroscience degrees.

You are a fool as far as I can tell. I will simply ignore anything you post from here on. I may save 1 response for your simple-minded comeback before I start though.

Yes I have a higher education degree, though not in biology. So? What is with the hit by a car threat? It makes no sense. Maybe it is best you ignore, because most of what you say makes no sense. Remember...Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 01:38 PM

Let me also say that one of the strongest advocates of four wheeling in Baja, is Jeep Rubicon owner Ken Cooke, a good friend who does not fit norte's ideas in the least. Four wheeling is not a white, Republican, uneducated's hobby, and Ken is living proof of all those norte ideas!

"ken is living proof of all those norte ideas"? hmmm Don't know whether to say thank you or review the quote in the above post.

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 02:19 PM

Yes I have a higher education degree, though not in biology. So? What is with the hit by a car threat? It makes no sense. Maybe it is best you ignore, because most of what you say makes no sense. Remember...Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Not a threat, I was just speaking from personal experience. Imagine you were once a young, flower admiring nature lover, who could no longer go for long treks through the outdoors under your own 0(?) emission power? Would you still avoid using an off-road vehicle to enjoy what you want to protect, so that you could maintain your self-righteous values?

It is probably too far out of your small box to think on such a large scale, so this will be my last reply to you on this 'off-road' thread.

*The original link to the Wired article that Stuck originally posted is good, I recommend others read it first, before getting caught up in the nonsensical replies that I, and others post...

Adios, Amigos
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 03:15 PM

It was the liberal media that made it racist... I heard that Trump said "illegal alien" and not "Mexican"?

Not true, look it up.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 04:27 PM

Does Trump drive a class 10? Or what?

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.