Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 08:56 PM

Gypsy said, "--------heck if I had there bodies I'd be naked ALL the time!"

--------care to expand on that a little? :o
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 12:24 AM

Shari, I for one understand your sentiments. Thanks for sharing your visitor report.
Monia
Junior Nomad

Mood: Peacefully Remaining

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 07:33 AM

Shari

Awwww, to have a young girls body again!

Your post was great, thanks for sharing. You have a blessed life. One of these days I would love to visit on my way down to our house in TS, (will keep my clothes on though).

Some people are offended, some aren't, some get it, some don't, makes life interesting. The kids had a blast, it put a smile on your face and it makes some of us remember being young and carefree, they will learn how to handle cultural differences and opinions by their mistakes, don't we all?

On a sadder note, my parents were evacuated from their home in Fallbrook because of the fires and are with me. Sometimes remembering the fun times in life can help us get through the bad. I will have to remind my mom of one of her skinny dipping stories!

Thanks again!

May no animals be harmed in the making of this film.
bajasammy
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 08:50 AM

Thanks for the great report Shari!

I always look forward to your posts. You seem to have perfect balance in your life (family, work, fun), something my family and I are always striving for.

We've got to figure out a way to get down to that Beach House of yours sometime.

Thanks again.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 12:00 PM

thanks the last few posters for making me feel better....gosh....it really was an innocent fun loving post...didn't mean for it to get out of hand....and my heart goes out to all of you battling fires...if any of you need to evacuate, our doors are open here to those in need, we have lots of room at the moment. take good care, be safe nomads.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 04:19 PM

After looking at the fire tragedy the last two days I finally opened this thread. And have enjoyed the moral squabble. Of course, IMHO, it's just individual tastes. I do however always enjoy Shari's posts. rts551 & Trotters, While your head is down your butt may be high enough to show crack. Carefull it may catch on.:rolleyes:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
thanks the last few posters for making me feel better....gosh....it really was an innocent fun loving post...didn't mean for it to get out of hand....and my heart goes out to all of you battling fires...if any of you need to evacuate, our doors are open here to those in need, we have lots of room at the moment. take good care, be safe nomads.

Maybe, your posts title threw people off a little bit. I assumed it was a bunch of children at first, then I saw the picture and thought, Hmmmm, they can run naked on my beach anytime. Except for the dude.:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 06:00 PM

I'm definitely going to BA in the summer! Viva La France:biggrin:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-24-2007 at 08:16 AM

When we were thinking up a design for a burgee (flag) and hats for our little yacht club here which is called BAYC, we thought a lobster with a bare butt would be cute...get it...BA? Maybe susan can design it?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
After looking at the fire tragedy the last two days I finally opened this thread. And have enjoyed the moral squabble. Of course, IMHO, it's just individual tastes. I do however always enjoy Shari's posts. rts551 & Trotters, While your head is down your butt may be high enough to show crack. Carefull it may catch on.:rolleyes:

Never was a legal, nor a moral squabble, nor a matter of individual tastes, but some of you obviously don't comprehend too well.

Russ, your really show a lot of class. :yes:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Never was a legal, nor a moral squabble, nor a matter of individual tastes, but some of you obviously don't comprehend too well.

Russ, your really show a lot of class. :yes:

It must be nice to know that your thoughts and "standards" are the appropriate ones.
Man, I wish I had that going on.:yawn:

Again, some of you really lack reading comprehension skills---tis a shame.

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:19 PM
breaking news - jdtrotter (no, we are not wealthy) out of the closet

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Gypsy said, "--------heck if I had there bodies I'd be naked ALL the time!"

Just thinking if I had a 20 something year old body still, I would run around naked everywhere I went. Gravity is not so nice!:lol:
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy

Just thinking if I had a 20 something year old body still, I would run around naked everywhere I went. Gravity is not so nice!:lol:

Bajagypsy,
My rule is if people don't like what they see, then they don't have to look.

This comment is only pointed towards Bajagypsy's desire to run naked and free. It has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread. I'm staying out of that one.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

I guess she already has. That's the problem. Oh well, she's not alone.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:51 PM

Paulina,

I agree with you, when I was huge pregnant with my kids my sister was horrified cause I still wore a bikini!!1 I told her to close her eyes when she looked at me!:smug:;)
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 02:56 PM

Gypsy------

Believe me, you have NOTHING to worry about. :lol:

Barry
coconaco
Nomad

Mood: respooled

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 03:15 PM

where is the rancho?

is it too late to catch up with them?

be on the look out for the scourge of baja!

[Edited on 10-25-2007 by coconaco]
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 04:44 PM
Oh Mexico

Now don't be yellin' at me. Just kidding. just funnin'.

O' Mexico

When I moved to Mexico I had no real pre-conceived ideas about what it would be like to live among my new neighbors. I recognized at once how very different we were but I was excited about learning all the little things we might have in common. At first I was a little put off by their strange talk, scant clothing, the rude country language their bodies spoke.

My sixty-plus years in the U.S. crushed me with information, impressions, knowledge about the world and its cultures that these simple people did not experience. I expected most of them would be emotionally immature. The "ignorance is bliss" message was clear on their faces -- a simple, uncluttered life makes them seem child-like.

At times I almost envied them; the whole family at the beach, splashing in the surf, the children pushing and roughhousing. Not a care in the world. Perhaps they should be grateful that their poor country did not, could not force upon them the stringent rules of elementary education.

Over time my apprehensions faded. Now I feel more comfortable in their midst -- now and then I walk back from the beach with small family groups, holding hands, laughing; content to feel the soft warm sand beneath their feet as they return to their shacks; some old metal trailers, some to shacks with no running water, no toilets. When the fishermen return with a good catch I sometimes help them carry the fish home -- smiles on their faces, the smell of bait on their hands.

The Mexicans can't stand them; say they should go right back to Canada where they came from.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2007 at 05:14 PM

At first I was a little put off by their strange talk, scant clothing, the rude country language their bodies spoke.

That's just because back home our only vocabulary is "Mush, Naoonk", there are no reindeer in Baja to make clothing from and our legs and feet are misshapen from wearing snow shoes and mukluks all the time - thus prompting strange body language.:lol::P:lol:

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.