BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Why has Baja Nomad become such a depressing place?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 02:39 PM

So, it's the OC? Actually, I don't much like it here. Until a couple of years ago, I spent years living in Topanga. But I guess that'd be worse as far as troll goes.;)

I bet that if you try hard enough, you'll find more flies. Not too many, mind you, but others. How about the ubiquitous mordita as an example of a mosca?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:28 PM

Butttttttt!!!!

If we let all those people off with out a challenge, they might get control and then we would be put/Kept in Bamboo Cages.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:29 PM

I think Tony is pretty close to it. The Global climate is a tad distraught and ambivolent these days.

Now just be honest and admit it's mainly the Republicans hurtling media insults.;D jejeje:saint:

I just cain't help it ma!!:lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
longhairedbeatnik
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:34 PM
This is very hard but

I joined this board after a search on Google about all things Baja. I was looking for info on the shooting in El Rosario as I sometimes stop at Baja Cactus and breakfast at Ed's. While I have found the wealth of information here on base and up to date , there are many here who use this forum as a social network with a pecking order and I find that a bit much for a public forum on Baja with warts and all.
I agree Bajahowodd is very political in his/her posts and although I agree with the slant at times,it should not be shoved down the collective throat.
Baja Shark seems to think he/she owns this board by the number of posts he/she has sent into the ozone here and that also is not right. I would rather that the most social here would keep the posts as they are intended by the posters themselves, unwashed and there for the taking by all.
If we were to remove what we think is not Baja enough or not of the Baja quality that some demand here,this board has no value whatsoever.
Lets leave the board alone and if some of you do not like it,do what I do. Ignore the noncomforming posts that you do not agree with and stick with likeminded posts.
You will neuter this board with the petty bickering here and that will make it as interesting as the last Baja board I joined that was as boring as vanilla.
Enjoy your evening.:saint:
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:41 PM
Vanilla, boring?

I take umbrage at that remark. My vanilla, sir, is anything but boring. Creamy and sublime, with little flecks of vanilla bean. I cannot tolerate the vanilla haters any more! Death to chocolate!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
longhairedbeatnik
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:44 PM

Now that is a funny post.:lol:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:51 PM

Too many grumpy old men thinking about the old days.....:tumble:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

That's all we have left. At what age should we have been gassed?
Besides, a first-hand knowledge of Baja before the paved roads is like living history. Please don't penalize us for that.
Bajajack
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 04:06 PM

To many grumpy old men and a couple of old frumps that can't remember the good old day's, or the present.

:lol:

\"take what you can, give nothing back!\"

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.\'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

We can have no \"50-50\" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.

Theodore Roosevelt
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 04:10 PM
La Pura Vida. Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by longhairedbeatnik
I agree Bajahowodd is very political in his/her posts and although I agree with the slant at times,it should not be shoved down the collective throat.

Bajahowodd
Ultra Nomad
Member Is Offline.

2,306 post in 6 months. What am I missing?
longhairedbeatnik
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 04:21 PM
David K watch out.

The most busy poster in the history of this board, Thats OK if you have something to add but to just pour filler in here is nutty.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

Well, I am old and occasionally accused of grumpiness. And yes, I have great memories of living in Mulege with my kids 35 years ago and the camping and exploring we have done over the years. I also have great memories of my recent ride to Baja Sur and my visits to old friends there and whale watching in March. The old days were great but the adventure is still there for those who seek it. Ride a mule into Arroyo San Pablo to the cave paintings, they are still there for us just as they were for Gardner and Crosby. You will never forget the trip.

Baja, this board, and life in general are what you make them.

A few years ago Al Martinez in his LA Times column wrote:

"Times are tough. Times are always tough; the human condition is nasty. The poor are always with us and the crazy, and the just plain stupid. The viruses are with us too, and pestilence and famine.

And the challenge is to approach it all with some kind of grace and some kind of humility. The challenge is to acknowledge that although it is not your fault, it is your responsibility.

You are not special; you have not been singled out. Self-rightousness is always misplaced. Plant a tree, dig a well, hug a child, shut up."

That's enough philosophy for today. (But I especially like the part about self-rightousness)
Kurt
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 05:28 PM

well...I for one would LOVE to hear the story about sinking pirate ships with a spatula....hey maybe we could pass on your tips to Sea Shepherd!!
(oh oh....here come the weak minded lefty commie police) honest officer, I am a conservative er republican er...ummm...whatever dude.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
The most busy poster in the history of this board, Thats OK if you have something to add but to just pour filler in here is nutty.

Hello?

Yes, the most posts...but so what? I just happen to be the longest active Nomad (#10) and enjoy posting information about Baja (history mostly: recent and mission period) and chatting here whith my amigos. It is a faster way to provide help to Baja travelers than writing a book or magazine articles...

This thread and Sharksbaja's posts really has to be taken into consideration by all Nomad members as to HOW to keep the posts positive, and Baja or Nomad related...

IGNORE the stuff that doesn't interest you and PUSH the report button if you see a clear VIOLATION of board rules... foul language, personal insults and name calling, off topic (wrong forum) posts included.

DOUG needs us all to HELP him keep this place informative and friendly: PUSH the REPORT button, because the limited time DOUG has to read Nomad, he reads the REPORTS first to clean up any mess.

Instead of posting complaints about Nomad... DO something to help, push the REPORT button when a thread goes bad.

Doug believes as adults we should be able to use his forum without a lot of babysitting... Unfortunately, a few Nomads have no responsibility over their own actions, don't know how to delete bad posts, or just like to throw some gas on a fire...

I have a couple times for fun, responded to some outrageous posts... but all in all, I am here to read about Baja and share my knowledge or resources I have, happily!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 05:58 PM

Longhair, you better watch yourself dude. I went to the fourth grade but not in Kalifornia. I'll have you know my collected works are already archived and slated to be given to the Museum of Longhairs when I die. Tomorrow I will send them a certified copy of your posts in case you kill me and eat me sometime in the near future. Sooo whatever you're planning you should wait, if you can, til you see the notice in the paper that the once, almost a writer, Osprey, is gone for good.
longhairedbeatnik
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 06:04 PM
Eat you

Comon man, get ahold of yourself and stop this foolish talk.
longhairedbeatnik
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 06:07 PM
It was not about you ,David

Quote:

I was pointing out Bajahowodd was on pace to pass you in short order . It was not meant as an insult to you and I am sorry if you took it that way. I enjoy your posts and consider you the most honest person on this board.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I was pointing out Bajahowodd was on pace to pass you in short order . It was not meant as an insult to you and I am sorry if you took it that way. I enjoy your posts and consider you the most honest person on this board.

Oh, no problem my friend... One must have thick skin on a public forum, afterall... Thanks for the clarification and nice words, however!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David KI just happen to be the longest active Nomad (#10) and enjoy posting information about Baja (history mostly: recent and mission period) and chatting here whith my amigos.

Let's get together at your house for some Tecate's for your 20,000th post, David.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 06:56 PM

Not directed at you DK
Quote:
Quote:

An endorsement many here would cherish I am sure!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::barf:

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.