BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: Shocking illegal dorado fishing documentary, Must See.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 11:31 AM

flyfishinPam and Pescador, Thanks for your wisdom. Wish you both luck. There're a lot of folks, tourists and seasonals, down along the Sea of Cortez that don't have a clue as to what good fishing actually is. The pelagics fool them, they think catching a few seasonal fish adds up to great fishing. It's the year 'round reef fish; adult grouper and pargo that are the true indicators of the health of the fishery. They're more or less gone.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 11:45 AM

Pescador" I haven't Worried in over 40 years- When I started going to Baja.

"If Roberta had had Balls, we would have called her Uncle Robert"

Nowto Fishing:
Yes I went through the times of Fish Pile ups, a half a mile of Yellowtail on top of the water.
Caught many yellowtail from the Shore at San Nicholas(then they took the Sierra out and things started to change, They moved out to deeper water,

Then the Japanese boats came in for a short time meawhile up at San Felipe the Shrimp where being taken out, The Tortava are nearly all gone.
Then there would be 80 Boats out getting Bait at Loreto.

Then the Natl park came, limits etc.}Corruption}?

Then Hannjin bought all of the SQuid and took nearly all for 3 years.

Thyen the Scramento Bee publishes its famous False Story about the Sea of Cortez.

Then in April of o8 I start fishing out of Mulege and see the fishing as it was so many years ago including amounts of Fish. {Some real Dummy suggest that it only happened for a couple of Days in that area}. Then I start fishing and investigating North and South and found that it is indeed a Great year, then reports start coming in from The pacific, still a great Year,

Pam, Why do you and others refuse to say "We had a Great Year"??

have those descendants of ours been so Lied to about the Actual Fishing they refuse to beleive what they see in front of them. Look a all the reports. Photos.

To the other comments. Yes Pam I do not beleive in trying to Control my Chiuldrens future> I beldeve in teaching them Morals such as Honesty, Respect, Faith Hope and chairty. I teach them that Drugs are not for the Strong Minded, I teach them not to insist that their children only beleive as I did.

I refuse to beleive in taking from the Mexican Family making a living for his family under the Rude and Aggaront beleif that it should be saved for my future Grand Children.

Just to satisfy some Jayhoo lying to people to get their money. I watched this film again and I will warn everybody to check the back ground of the people. Check their education.

Skeet
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 01:00 PM

Gosh!:o Skeet reminds me of my inlaws, lost somewhere between la-la-land and denial. It's a waste of time to debate with him. When all is said and done, the facts remain the same.:no:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 02:45 PM

Cypress! Finally you know the Facts!

Will you be so kind to List those Facts'

P.S. Just a little bit of Proof should accumpany those "Facts>

Skeet
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 03:00 PM

Skeet/Loreto, Listing Facts? Go fishing out of Mulege for Grouper and Pargo. Show me your pictures. Facts? You can't handle the facts.:D I'm wondering if you even know what the "facts" are?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 03:38 PM

Now Now Cypress we were originally talking about Yellowtail and Dorado!

Muelge, the Grouper Capital of the World has not had many grouper for many years. Now if you want some large Pargo go down to about 300 yds North/Northwest of Delfonso, go down about 300 Ft. with a couple of Live Bait and HANG ON!

Do not depend on Pompanos Photos. Do it your self or if you have trouble finding the fish ask Alex. I am sure he could help you find them.

Go back and check that Awful Fim I am talking about, opeing with that Beautifull Dorado.

Some time if you get a chance go talk to Saul Davis, just ask him about the fishing and what he thinks about the Sea of Cortez being ruined.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 03:49 PM

Yea, You were originally talking about the fishing in the Sea of Cortez. Now it's Yellowtail and Dorado. Cranking up a grouper, pargo or much of anything else from 300 feet isn't a whole lot of fun., but you can blow their bladder about half way up.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-8-2009 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Pescador" I haven't Worried in over 40 years- When I started going to Baja.

"If Roberta had had Balls, we would have called her Uncle Robert"

Nowto Fishing:
Yes I went through the times of Fish Pile ups, a half a mile of Yellowtail on top of the water.
Caught many yellowtail from the Shore at San Nicholas(then they took the Sierra out and things started to change, They moved out to deeper water,

Then the Japanese boats came in for a short time meawhile up at San Felipe the Shrimp where being taken out, The Tortava are nearly all gone.
Then there would be 80 Boats out getting Bait at Loreto.

Then the Natl park came, limits etc.}Corruption}?

Then Hannjin bought all of the SQuid and took nearly all for 3 years.

Thyen the Scramento Bee publishes its famous False Story about the Sea of Cortez.

Then in April of o8 I start fishing out of Mulege and see the fishing as it was so many years ago including amounts of Fish. {Some real Dummy suggest that it only happened for a couple of Days in that area}. Then I start fishing and investigating North and South and found that it is indeed a Great year, then reports start coming in from The pacific, still a great Year,

Pam, Why do you and others refuse to say "We had a Great Year"??

have those descendants of ours been so Lied to about the Actual Fishing they refuse to beleive what they see in front of them. Look a all the reports. Photos.

To the other comments. Yes Pam I do not beleive in trying to Control my Chiuldrens future> I beldeve in teaching them Morals such as Honesty, Respect, Faith Hope and chairty. I teach them that Drugs are not for the Strong Minded, I teach them not to insist that their children only beleive as I did.

I refuse to beleive in taking from the Mexican Family making a living for his family under the Rude and Aggaront beleif that it should be saved for my future Grand Children.

Just to satisfy some Jayhoo lying to people to get their money. I watched this film again and I will warn everybody to check the back ground of the people. Check their education.

Skeet

skeet,
what is your obsession with drugs? you sound like a man who likes his liquor, which last time i drank it sure was a drug. so how is liquor different than a hit of good pot?
anywho, i think you sound like a man who likes to live life, so why not try pot?
you constantly preach about drugs while knocking back your daily highball or two, so must be some backstory with you. spill the beans, old man.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 06:45 AM

Goat I would suggest that you first take a Trip to San Quintin Prison
Soledad Prison
Chino
Folson
Carso0n City nevada

Spend a little time in each as I did while getting my Degree at Fresno State in Police Science.

Next go to The Mountains of Carolinas, South Central LA, Hollywood, Oakland or any City in the US. and visit some of emergency Wards.

Go to the Police records and check out the DUI and the drug related Accidents and deaths.

Go to the Health records of Babys born to Addicts/

Sure it would be O.K. if everyone could have a toke or a Drink every day with out some of the results but that aun't the way it happens.
If DOPe{Smoke} was only allowed and used it would be o.K. except for the Drivers who killed your family while smoking DOPE or Drinking To much BOOSE/

Goat if you think " Well everybody drinks Booze" so that justifys me smoking DOPE, then you should go back to School. That is a Cop Out.

Try looking up what it costs you thru Taxes each year, just to take care of the Street Dopers{Who are not all on DOPE but a good percentage are!
taoswheat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
flyfishinPam and Pescador, Thanks for your wisdom. Wish you both luck. There're a lot of folks, tourists and seasonals, down along the Sea of Cortez that don't have a clue as to what good fishing actually is. The pelagics fool them, they think catching a few seasonal fish adds up to great fishing. It's the year 'round reef fish; adult grouper and pargo that are the true indicators of the health of the fishery. They're more or less gone.

This comment fits with my kayak fishing experiences. I fish the local rocks and underwater humps out to about 2-3 miles. There are very few good bottom fish to be found most of the time. I see the Pangueros on every available spot with handlines, nets, and Hooka air rigs. It appears that the shallow underwater environment is stripped of anything that moves. So far, my best fishing has been for trolled Dorado (seasonal Pelagics) when they happen to come in close enough to reach.
Farbauti

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 07:47 AM

I emailed the 'illegal dorado catch' info to all our contacts, not just those in Mexico, but world-wide. Snowballing makes a difference.

The inshore reefs and shorelines are in a sorry state compared to the days of yesteryear. Remember all the 'noise' you used to hear? Almost a graveyard snorkeling there now.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 07:58 AM

Farbuti:
I am in the process of having Bumper stickers made up and sending them all over Southern Calif, Canada for Free;

The Sea of Cortez is not Ruined"
FISH BAJA
I will do everything in my Power to tell our Children the Truth about The Sea of Cortez.
I will do everyting I can to teach anyone that we can not Rob the Mexican Fisherman and his Family the right to make a living just so we can say "I saved the fish for my GrandChidren.

I will urge my Chilren to learn , Investigate, make valid decesions on their own and not listen to a bunch of College Professors and GreenPecker Nuts who have never been out of the Clasroom or have never fished the Sea Of Cortez.
Farbauti

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 08:05 AM

Hah!...GreenPecker Nuts....good one, Skeet/Loeto! I spurted coffee when I just read that. Hoo-boy.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 08:13 AM

Not really Dorado related but I haven't seen a bait ball in the bay in front of me in a month. This time of year there should be lots of sardines, mullet, anchovies & mackerel. When I took "Little Boat" out on it's maiden voyage I did find a shoal of pinhead anchovies. None over 1". Nothing was working them except a lone pelican and he quit after a couple scoops. So far this month there haven't been any sardineros only one converted shrimper dragging long lines for two days and I don't see it this morning.
Pretty simple, No food no fish. However there are two gill netting pangas trying to scrounge out a living.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Farbuti:
I am in the process of having Bumper stickers made up and sending them all over Southern Calif, Canada for Free;

The Sea of Cortez is not Ruined"
FISH BAJA
I will do everything in my Power to tell our Children the Truth about The Sea of Cortez.
I will do everyting I can to teach anyone that we can not Rob the Mexican Fisherman and his Family the right to make a living just so we can say "I saved the fish for my GrandChidren.

I will urge my Chilren to learn , Investigate, make valid decesions on their own and not listen to a bunch of College Professors and GreenPecker Nuts who have never been out of the Clasroom or have never fished the Sea Of Cortez.

Sorry Skeet, I cannot support you on this one. With over 55 years of fishing the SOC it is my opinion and experience that the SOC is in serious trouble----------fish tend to be near shore, so the "resource" is far smaller than we previously thought, certainly not "ocean-wide" or even "sea-wide".
I feel the commercial fishing is the main culprit, mainly the shrimpers and the long-liners. We were very concerned about the long-liners 50 years ago, and things are still out of control. It all started with the cutting off of the Colorado River-------------and went from there.

Yes, "Science" often over-reacts and comes to ignorant decisions, but in this case the evidence is just too obvious and continuing.

As for the locals, they will have to adjust---------they are part of the problem and many of them realize it------they just don't know what else to do so they continue their destructive habits, killing the goose that laid the golden egg, so to speak.

I watched the fishery off San Diego be depleted, and now is a mere shawdow of what it was--------personal experiece is a big teacher.

That it my take.

Barry
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 08:26 AM

Russ: Sounds as if the Commercials did their Job and left.
Bait will be back, Fish will be Back. Hang in there for another Season.
Skeet
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Russ: Sounds as if the Commercials did their Job and left.
Bait will be back, Fish will be Back. Hang in there for another Season.
Skeet

Riiiight. I could care less about my limited bad luck but you've expressed your concerns for the families trying to make a living and there must be 50 or more pangas in the Mulége area. They use to hand line then gill net and now their boats are beached. You should be outraged like so many others.
Are you outrage that your friends can't feed their families because ".... the Commercials did their Job and left."?
"Bait will be back, Fish will be Back. Hang in there for another Season."
DAMN What do the pangeros do NOW?

[Edited on 8-9-2009 by Russ]

[Edited on 8-9-2009 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 11:39 AM

yes but there are a few more "be backs", seiners, long liners, and shrimpers will "be back" also. not just the americans have complained to the powers to be so have the local pangeros, it does no good. this has been one of the worst years i have every experinced in my short time here in mulege. if you look at mexfish very rarely is there even a report from mulege because there is nothing to report, and when there is its not very good. 18 seiners working 24/7 for 2 months and to think that doesnt have an impact is just plain stupid. the fishing in mulege sucks skeet, no other way to say it and every here knows why. its OVER FISHED COMMERCIALLY

[Edited on 8-9-2009 by mulege marv]

Want what you have
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 02:00 PM

Why did it get overfished??

Because starting in April2008 it was Fantastic Fishing and the Big Commercials came back in an have now had a chance to Loaad up. They will leave and await unti the next time it gets good again..

Please think about it. Commercial fishing has been going on for many years, yet the Fish keep coming back as they did in in the Past year and half!!

Why do they keep coming back??>> Because they leave the Sea of Cortez and do not get caught out in the Big pacific Ocean, then when the time is right, they come back.

Even the closing of the Colo. River did not ruin the Great Sea of Cortez.

Skeet
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Why did it get overfished??

Because starting in April2008 it was Fantastic Fishing and the Big Commercials came back in an have now had a chance to Loaad up. They will leave and await unti the next time it gets good again..

Please think about it. Commercial fishing has been going on for many years, yet the Fish keep coming back as they did in in the Past year and half!!

Why do they keep coming back??>> Because they leave the Sea of Cortez and do not get caught out in the Big pacific Ocean, then when the time is right, they come back.

Even the closing of the Colo. River did not ruin the Great Sea of Cortez.

Skeet

hey skeeter:
large seines and long lines will keep coming back until the fisheries is destroyed past point of no return or extinct. commercial fishermen keep returning is not evidence of a healthy ecosystem, is evidence that they have decimated legal fishing grounds and therefore are fishing the illegal fishing grounds.

skeeter, how do you reconcile commercial fishing with decimation of sea turtles and near extinction of vaquita? (i know sports fishermen don't care about bycatch of nonsports species, but they should)
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.