Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Interest in forming a Women's Fishing Club
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 06:35 PM

Facciamo Cosi!! (this is how we do it)

I just added some pork loin to my "Sunday" Sauce, and I usually do an arrabbiatta sauce, cause I like a bit of red chili pepper flakes in there.......

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 06:41 PM
OH my Goshhhh...

This is like dangling cocaine in front a drug addict...ok well did you know about Hunt's Zesty and Spicy...they discontinued it the supermarkets in San Diego where I shopped and I went crazy looking for it with no luck...ok then I went to Kona Hawaii and found it in a Japanese supermarket I was in heaven...I need some big game fishing tips and give me my Italian fix....

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
Facciamo Cosi!! (this is how we do it)

I just added some pork loin to my "Sunday" Sauce, and I usually do an arrabbiatta sauce, cause I like a bit of red chili pepper flakes in there.......

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 06:51 PM

EnsenadaDr,

No canned stuff for my crew.....

I havested quite a few San Marzano tomatoes from my garden this week.

And I learned to make tomato sauce from my Nonna back in North White Plains, New York. (Her family was from Messina, Sicily)

And she didn't call it gravy, either!! ;)

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 07:04 PM
Well what a small friggin world this is...

North White Plains..wouldn't be anywhere near Silver Lake now would it...attended 5 years of elementary school there and 5th grade at Saint Anthony's...wow, unbelievable...
Quote:
EnsenadaDr,

No canned stuff for my crew.....

And I learned to make tomato sauce from my Nonna back in North White Plains, New York. (Her family was from Messina, Sicily)

And she didn't call it gravy, either!! ;)
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 07:10 PM

The same!!
N. White Plains is Silver Lake. I was born at Westchester County Airport!

I think you're coming down to Loreto to fish with us. :tumble:

-Nikola Tesla
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2011 at 07:14 PM
WOW

I think so too.....

Quote:
The same!!
N. White Plains is Silver Lake. I was born at Westchester County Airport!

I think you're coming down to Loreto to fish with us. :tumble:
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
and if big D shows, he can help keep track of the tourney results by BANGING his drum everytime a fish volunteers for ceviche.:lol::light::P

Ahhh yessss....the drums. I've been practicing. Neighbors hate me....life is good. :cool:
..but no fish were injured by this thread.

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 10:43 AM

Quote:

Is that in Oregon or Loreto? Didn't know they could be grown in either place.

Bob Durrell
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 01:07 PM

Hey those Photos are bringing back lots of good memories.
Virgina and I grew all kins of veggies out at Rancho Sonrisa except for Squash!
I alwys came up with Male Plants. but had good success with tomatoes, onions, Potatoes and peppers, all planted in the Sand,

I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me, take it and grind it fairly fine, then start with Onions, Jalapenos from my Garden, and then Ro-tel canned Sauce and go from there.
I am dissapointed this year as I did not win a Blue Ribbon for my Red Jalapeno Jam, However my Wife won a 2nd place with her regualr Green jalapeno Jam.

If this Womens Fish club gets going maybe you could get all the Men to get a Chilli Cook Off going while the Girls are out fishing.

My next Chilli is going to be made from Wild Feral Pig. They are taking over the Corn Fields and people need to start eating them. They are excellent when prepared right after shooting and Skinning them.

Hope you all have a good time and keep working on that Womens Club!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me........

You mean you use half eaten steaks in your chili? Do the local restaurants have "Skeetie bags" in addition to doggie bags? Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. Why let food go to waste? Just I've never heard of someone collecting table scraps from restaurants.

Also got a chuckle from this:

My next Chilli is going to be made from Wild Feral Pig. They are taking over the Corn Fields and people need to start eating them. They are excellent when prepared right after shooting and Skinning them.

Nothing worse than domesticated pigs gone wild in the local corn fields.

There sure are some characters on this message board.

Think I'll go back to the Bahia Asuncion website war thread. :spingrin:

[Edited on 9-26-2011 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 03:26 PM

The Steaks are from my Friends who could not finish their very large Steaks{Texas Style} and got a Dogie Bag and I was the Dogie!!
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 03:36 PM

Originally posted by durrelllrobert

"Is that in Oregon or Loreto? Didn't know they could be grown in either place."

I grow them here in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I start them quite early in the greenhouses, and put them out into the garden in late May.

I tried growing San Marzanos in Loreto, but every creature within 5 kilometers came around and glommed onto them. (Including the neighbors!) :D

-Nikola Tesla
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
The Steaks are from my Friends who could not finish their very large Steaks{Texas Style} and got a Dogie Bag and I was the Dogie!!

woof, woof!!!

Sounds like hearty chili.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 08:07 PM
Only men that can cook are allowed..

Men, you need to submit a resume on what you can contribute to the group...and one of the criteria is to cook...preferably gourmet...
Quote:
Hey those Photos are bringing back lots of good memories.
Virgina and I grew all kins of veggies out at Rancho Sonrisa except for Squash!
I alwys came up with Male Plants. but had good success with tomatoes, onions, Potatoes and peppers, all planted in the Sand,

I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me, take it and grind it fairly fine, then start with Onions, Jalapenos from my Garden, and then Ro-tel canned Sauce and go from there.
I am dissapointed this year as I did not win a Blue Ribbon for my Red Jalapeno Jam, However my Wife won a 2nd place with her regualr Green jalapeno Jam.

If this Womens Fish club gets going maybe you could get all the Men to get a Chilli Cook Off going while the Girls are out fishing.

Hope you all have a good time and keep working on that Womens Club!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 08:11 PM
Note: No half eaten food allowed

Last thing I want is someone else's saliva in my chili, I don't want to end up with Hepatitis A or a severe case of Brucelosis...if you are that desperate I will bring fresh tri tip to grind up from the States..just got a great bargain....
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 09:02 PM
I brake for Road kill...

Don't tell me...you also make a phenomenal road kill chili...:barf:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 08:19 AM

Oh yeah - count me in!! Love the idea. If we schedule an upcoming event soon, let's pick a date, 'cuz I can get $230 RT to Cabo on Volaris right now. A trip with FlyFishin Pam would be too cool - I'd drive for that.
A small fleet of pangas out of BOLA? KILL FISH!!!
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 09:00 AM
Only men that can cook are allowed..

OK, here is my illustrious resume.

1: I can boil water
2: I can crack an egg and get only a little bit of shell in the bowl
3: I am great with the Microwave
4: I do not listen to directions too well
5: I do not stop and ask for directions.
BUT
I am in the meat & seafood business and can bring shrimp and crab down to the party

Do you think that you can overlook #s 1-5 and find it in your heart to make me a candidate for a partial membership in light of that I can smuggle down shrimp and crab and maybe some killer chicken hot links? I know I could never be a card-carrying member in your chickie clutch but just to be around such brilliance would be fine with me. (How was that for sucking up?)

Howard AKA,Bubba

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
KILL FISH!!!

A couple of short, bald boys in Saffron robes will be calling on you to repossess your "Buddhist In Good Standing" card. :cool:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 08:25 PM
All is fair in fishing...FOR FOOD...

You mean even if you catch fish to eat???
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
KILL FISH!!!

A couple of short, bald boys in Saffron robes will be calling on you to repossess your "Buddhist In Good Standing" card. :cool:
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.