Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: In Defense of Shockingly Dangerous Desert Racing in Mexico
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
It was the liberal media that made it racist... I heard that Trump said "illegal alien" and not "Mexican"? Can you verify Trump said the women reported being raped by "Mexicans" vs. law breakers (non racial term)? Thank you Perry.

http://time.com/3923128/donald-trump-announcement-speech/

:saint:

Trump/Hastert 2016!

:lol::P

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:47 AM

There are certainly strong views on both sides of the off road issues. I have been riding and racing in Baja since before some of you were born. I see things now that I don't like and too much of it. Example:Two years ago, Willie Airstream , I and a couple of friends were spectating the Vintage Rally/race at the check North of Loreto. One of the crews were drinking beer and smashing the bottles on rocks. I asked that they not do that and was told, it's Mexico, don't make any difference, they don't care! I told them, this is my home, I live here and I care...Things got heated but they quit....I am sure that we will hear that seldom happens etc. But it happens too often. The insane driving by the non racing bunch wannabes is just that, insane.NO respect . Mexico, Baja is changing, more farms more people, more commerce...Yet more and more events are being run with more and more problems.....Whats the answer, I have no clue...BUT to say it's not a problem is wrong.....WRONG!

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 04:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
There are certainly strong views on both sides of the off road issues. I have been riding and racing in Baja since before some of you were born. I see things now that I don't like and too much of it. Example:Two years ago, Willie Airstream , I and a couple of friends were spectating the Vintage Rally/race at the check North of Loreto. One of the crews were drinking beer and smashing the bottles on rocks. I asked that they not do that and was told, it's Mexico, don't make any difference, they don't care! I told them, this is my home, I live here and I care...Things got heated but they quit....I am sure that we will hear that seldom happens etc. But it happens too often. The insane driving by the non racing bunch wannabes is just that, insane.NO respect . Mexico, Baja is changing, more farms more people, more commerce...Yet more and more events are being run with more and more problems.....Whats the answer, I have no clue...BUT to say it's not a problem is wrong.....WRONG!

Awareness is the only 'solution'. You can't control everyone's actions, but hopefully they can be influenced. A little respect goes a long way, as does a little disrespect, unfortunately. People that think they just entered the wild west after crossing the border to help pit for their friends may have a different view about disregard for law and order after someone pops a couple shots at their feet and tells them to dance.

I will enjoy spectating in Baja for now, as long as it lasts, because it is an amazing experience. There is a Bob Bauer 'post' that I've seen, which sums it all up quite well, for those potential pit crew members.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 07:12 AM

I had same problem on the beach,some of the locals.Campfire breaking beer bottles on the beach.I was told this is Mexico,I told them this is your country.We just started to pick up broken glass,They give in,helped us pick up glass and trash.Lucky one knew me from town.So it went easy,one victory ay a time.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 07:54 AM

I agree... a lot of nonsense. Distracts from the real issues sometimes (sometimes there are no issues). And it does seem to bring out another side of people (not their best) and sometimes down right entertaining. For real info I go elsewhere anymore.
Nomads, nomania, nominds...

now, what was the topic?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:20 AM

Beef Ribs? Just put em in the cooker..Be ready in 4-5hours....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Let me also say that one of the strongest advocates of four wheeling in Baja, is Jeep Rubicon owner Ken Cooke, a good friend who does not fit norte's ideas in the least. Four wheeling is not a white, Republican, uneducated's hobby, and Ken is living proof of all those norte ideas!

"ken is living proof of all those norte ideas"? hmmm Don't know whether to say thank you or review the quote in the above post.

Sorry it wasn't clear... Ken is living proof of that your descriptions of four wheelers are anything but true, on all three counts named above.

As for the Trump thing... we are both correct or both wrong... he did NOT say "Mexicans". He said "Mexico was sending..." and that could mean illegal Guatemalans just as much as any race or nationality. Can we just talk about people and not race? Bad people are bad, no matter what they look like!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 12:06 PM

Geez...You drag politics and race into this thread, and try to sweetcoat it....You are really an oaf.....

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 12:57 PM

There have been a number of insulting people here. The first insults had nothing to do with "norte". Now superman David, you sling mud with the best of them; how can you say your here to clean it up? You are the one that misquoted Trump trying to defend his racist statement. You should have left well enough alone. Did ever think you might be part of the problem, instead of saying you are always the solution.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 01:22 PM

He doesn't think, can't think...too busy working on his sainthood program...A Buffoon....Beef ribs are starting to smell REALLY good, time for the onions to go in to carmelize....Think I'll have a beer....That's OK aint it?.......

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 01:54 PM

I neither started insulting Trump here, nor classified a group of people with false insults as norte did, also in this thread.

That's not true. You said:

When liberals run out of facts, they resort to insults and name calling.

That statement insults the intelligence of millions of Americans.

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by SFandH]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 06:58 PM

Fact - bad people are bad

[/rquote]

As for the Trump thing... we are both correct or both wrong... he did NOT say "Mexicans". He said "Mexico was sending..." and that could mean illegal Guatemalans just as much as any race or nationality. Can we just talk about people and not race? Bad people are bad, no matter what they look like! [/rquote]

Fact - this is the EXACT part of the Donald's speech. His words:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Fact - the GOP of today is a circus. The Donald happens to the biggest clown and he will make some of the others seem reasonable in comparison. IMEO.

Feliz Quatro de Julio Amigos! :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
When liberals run out of facts, they resort to insults and name calling.

Where is the 'open-mindedness' and 'accepting other cultures and life styles' that liberals love to brag only they possess?

:light:

Right on, just ask Donald Trump.

Since this went right over your head David I'll explain it. You accused "liberals" of not being open minded and accepting of other cultures. Since Donald Chump had just finished making a damned fool of himself in from of the world, I used him as an example of the kind of people you could be expected to support who are actually guilty of being closed minded and unwilling to accept other cultures. It was admittedly a "dig" at your VERY well known political trolling. You don't need to thank me for it.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:07 PM

Sure, you guys are right and there is nothing ever false or untrue from the left. ...

Oh, and if you like your health care you can keep it and the average family will pay $2,500 less for it. Oh, and you need more than one cell phone for more than one email account! LOL!!! Wow!!!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:21 PM

Sure, you guys are right and there is nothing ever false or untrue from the left. ...

Oh, and if you like your health care you can keep it and the average family will pay $2,500 less for it. Oh, and you need more than one cell phone for more than one email account! LOL!!! Wow!!!

Universal Health insurance is a done deal...get over it. If all you can do is complain about emails, no problem, your 15 other candidates might as well give up.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:24 PM

Prohibition was repealed, as any bad law should be.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:16 AM

After reading DK's latest illogics (sp) I am convinced he has totally lost it. When the men from the funny farm pick him up, I hope it gets videotaped, with tire tracks, of course...Cell phones? Prohibition? How about 8 tracks....????

Ateo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:34 AM

So you are for ending marijuana prohibition? Awesome. Me too. :lol::lol:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:43 AM

No comprehend? Quote below Looks like too many years have gone by since a reading comprehension class.

After reading DK's latest illogics (sp) I am convinced he has totally lost it. When the men from the funny farm pick him up, I hope it gets videotaped, with tire tracks, of course...Cell phones? Prohibition? How about 8 tracks....????[/quote

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by LancairDriver]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

So you are for ending marijuana prohibition? Awesome. Me too. :lol::lol:

Yes Jon, but maybe not for the same reasons as you, however. I don't smoke anything, but am convinced marijuana has medical value for many painful conditions that traditional pharmaceuticals don't or don't without side effects or ridiculous costs.

To Chuckie, Ralph, etc.
You guys really don't know me (who haven't spent any time with me)... Those of you who don't know me, seem to feel threatened in some way when I post my comments here, yet have no problem when others from your politics post comments that I find crazy... but I don't have any problem with freedom of speech or ideas and don't try to silence any of you with ugly, personal insults or interpret your words. I have also apologized for any misunderstanding or unintentional hurtful comments... NONE of you have ever apologized to me.

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.