BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: Mexico to retaliate against U.S. expats?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 01:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Do the people who keep arguing about religion, Mexico's politics, USA politics, Trump, or the wall...

Do they REALLY think they are going to change someone's mind?

All they are doing if defending their beliefs, whether we like it or not. For that reason if I smell post regarding one of the above topics, I either delete it, or just not read it.

Strange thing about human nature. Most people just like to be heard and acknowledged for their opinion. Makes us feel less insignificant.
Nobody is trying to convert anyone.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
Joe-
Why am I "calling you out" by asking about the adjective you used?
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, only to question why such an adjective would be used if it wasn't needed for the conversation. And, it does have derogatory inferences.

My contention again is why conversations need to go to the gutter?

Bashing Mexico? Sharia law? I don't bash Mexico. I like Mexico. I like Baja. Been going there for 35 years.

For a position? Sharia Law has no place in the USA legal system.

I am pretty founded in my thoughts on immigration. My Mother came here in 1924 from Norway. So yes I have a position on the subject but I try not to let that gravitate down to the gutter in conversations about it.

Still waiting for someone to take me up on my above proposal.

Umm Cliffy, I detect that you're from red state, joined the tea-party, or have become a Trumpster, because of your opinion of Sharia law.

The only ones who are alarmed about Sharia law, and actually pass laws against Sharia law, are the red slave state of North Carolina, Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Dakota and Tennessee.

In the liberal blue states, we roll our eyes when right-wingers start talking about Sharia laws in the US, as if it's something to really worry about.

You need to come clean Cliffy, conservative leaning, or liberal leaning, to get a better reference where you are coming from, although you are leaving clues all over the place. ( please no pretend fence sitters, pick a side)

Yes topics like this has to end up in the gutter, because it provokes strong emotions on both sides. I have yet to see one site, with both liberals and conservatives, not end up in the gutter.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 02:43 PM

Jihad Joe hates the USA!

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 02:58 PM

so what have we learned, there's still 23 miles of dirt between coco's and chapala?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 03:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
For a position? Sharia Law has no place in the USA legal system.

Wake up, America......you too, Cliffy. It is the driving force behind Islam.
Study...ask....wonder....and when you find yourself on the short end of the stick, don't bother asking why. Just look in the mirror.
There are Muslim communities in the USA today that profess Sharia overrides US civil law .
Pay attention. Study the Crusades. Wake the eff up.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 03:07 PM

Here..............let Bill Warner try to explain it to you.

https://www.politicalislam.com/

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 03:11 PM
The CRUSADES ?

Is there a coming new Crusade ?

Will Crusader Rabbit be returning ?

I always enjoyed that.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 03:31 PM

Maybe...........

Crusader Rabbit - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader_Rabbit

[Edited on 2-5-2017 by DENNIS]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 03:46 PM
Rabbit Return ?

They'll need a replacement host.

Sheriff John is GONE !

in 2012.

Joe Arpaio could use a new gig, though.

I can hardly wait.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 04:05 PM

Islam is a political ideology not a religion.

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 04:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R  

I'm accepting this as your opinion and not a statement based on fact. I have Muslim friends, most of them U.S. citizens, who will tell you otherwise.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 04:37 PM

I'm also not sure what Islam has to do with the original post, but such is the nature of a hijacked thread.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R  

It's both. Read my link, or forever hold your peace ..or piece of whatever you have left.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 05:03 PM

This is getting weird. One side says I am a racist Islamophobe and the other says I'm wandering in the mist of radical Liberalism. How's that for labels? What does it get? Nothing. So let's drop it.

For one, I'm not a fan of either major political party. I don't trust McConnell any more than I trusted Reid (and he was my Senator for a decade). They are both liars and in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. I was disappointed in Bush (the younger) and I didn't trust any of the Clintons. Their foundation will turn out to be a slush fund. Although i didn't vote for Obama I really felt he had the opportunity to one the greatest Presidents this country ever had. Unfortunately he didn't live up to my initial cogitations.
Frankly, I don't think any Presidential administration since Eisenhower has been worth a damn, save maybe Reagan (that's as far as I go back with any memory).
Now we come to the current administration. I don't feel he's either right or left but somewhere in the middle. It's way too early to make a concise decision as to whether or not he's good for the country IN THE LONG RUN.
Kennedy had Cuba right at first, Truman had to drop the bomb, Johnson inherited the VN war, Nixon tried a cover up, they all have issues either right at first or somewhere along the way. There will never be a "perfect" candidate but somehow we always muddle through. For 240+ years, we've muddled through.
Right now we have a President that half the country voted for (right at 63 million people and yes we have an Electoral College for a valid reason that our forefathers were enlightened enough to foresee the need for same and I would say that no matter who won ) and i'm not fully convinced of everything he wants to do is correct but enough seems to be to be able to support him and see how things turn out. Could he turn out to be a disaster? Sure, just like others in the last 44 Presidents have been but we don't know yet. It's too early to tell. If one studies American history we can see parallels in other administrations and heated debates about the then current President as far back as we go (just look to Adams and Jefferson, at times they hated each other but on July the 4th 1826 Jefferson's last words were, "at least Adams survives" (paraphrased), unfortunately Adams died the same day). BTW, that was exactly 50 years to the day of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, but, we always seem to come through in the end.

Now if anyone wants to have a reasonable discussion on immigration I'm all ears. But I would preface it with this question (and it is a question for discussion ans NOT an accusation).

Does any independent State (that is the correct term) have the right to control who they allow in through their borders?
It's an easy question to answer, only one of two answers- yes or no.
If you want to answer please back it up with why you feel that way in a courteous manner.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I'm accepting this as your opinion and not a statement based on fact. I have Muslim friends, most of them U.S. citizens, who will tell you otherwise.

Not if they are honest. If the deny knowledge of Sharia, they lie, and are not your friends.

[Edited on 2-6-2017 by DENNIS]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 06:03 PM
Suffering the Sharia Shakes ?

Firmly ensconced in the "be wary" of most Mosquers category AND possessing a fairly suspicious (paranoid ?) nature, I have to say that those who go the extra distance into "Sharia Fear Syndrome" are a bit TOO far over the edge.

It's NOT coming to a town near you.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 08:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
How about doing a comparison and contrast of the two ... point by point :biggrin::biggrin:

Not me.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old. One of the many sharia laws...puke

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 09:12 PM

Pete was right "hope I die before I get old".....you folks need to find a hobby!:(
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 09:36 PM
Hope to Die ?

It would take only one old guy to die and make millions rediscover a Lust for Life.

But, unfortunately, it's unlikely.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2017 at 07:45 AM

Thank you for the respectful reply.
Actually, with regard to "States", in diplomatic circles I do believe members of say the UN are referred to as "States" not "countries".

The question was regarding "countries" but maybe I'm trying to cut to fine a definition.

I do appreciate the commentary however.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.