Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: San Ysidro crossing closed
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-26-2018 at 11:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
A very unfortunate situation but maybe these people should not be rushing our border. It was quite a sight seeing them on the news channels rush through Mexico's southern border. Did Mexico say they were willing to take in these asylum seekers? :?:

Those refugees are so impolite. They really should stay home in Nicaragua and die silently at the hands of violent gangs instead of disrupting my shopping trip to Costco to buy another case of gin.
Hey, let’s change that “peace, love, fish tacos” motto thing to “me, me, me, me want fish tacos, me want to pickle my brain in gin, me no want smelly poor people.”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 12:42 AM

If I am not mistaking, after the refugee's busted through Mexico's door, they were offered asylum by said country. At that point, the caravan(s) of people were no longer in harms way in their home country. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty irritated if a group of people came storming through the front door of my home. As I understand it, many that live within Mexico are pretty biffed about it as well. Speaking of Costco, I'll be there for my buck-fifty hotdog and soda tomorrow. :spingrin:

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
A very unfortunate situation but maybe these people should not be rushing our border. It was quite a sight seeing them on the news channels rush through Mexico's southern border. Did Mexico say they were willing to take in these asylum seekers? :?:

Those refugees are so impolite. They really should stay home in Nicaragua and die silently at the hands of violent gangs instead of disrupting my shopping trip to Costco to buy another case of gin.
Hey, let’s change that “peace, love, fish tacos” motto thing to “me, me, me, me want fish tacos, me want to pickle my brain in gin, me no want smelly poor people.”
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 04:55 AM

and here is another perspective that I got from Ms. Saldaña's post on facebook:

What was the immediate economic impact of yesterday's border shut down:

"The San Ysidro Chamber of Commerce has done a great job of informing all of us about what's been going on at our border this week. Here's the update. Thank you, Jason M-b Wells. He writes in the latest chamber newsletter:

"Unfortunately, the US sending 5,000 troops to the border instead of 5,000 asylum petition processors, and the Mexican federal government ushering immigrants from Chiapas to Tijuana has left us no choice but focus on the short term.

"The closing of the San Ysidro Port of Entry yesterday was devastating to the over 700 business we represent.
The San Port of Entry was closed at approximately 11:30am yesterday. It was not re-opened until 5:10pm.

"Our businesses rely on 93% of customers coming from Mexico.

"75% of San Ysidro border area businesses closed for the day around 12pm noon.

"A large majority of San Ysidro's small businesses rely on the period of November 20-January 6 to make their profit for the entire year.

"Sunday's closure alone represents a $5.3 million loss, just from San Ysidro business. Other business, from Chula Vista, to National City, to San Diego and beyond were also affected.

"Action must be taken to avoid this happening again."

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 05:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

"The San Ysidro Chamber of Commerce has done a great job of informing all of us about what's been going on at our border this week. Here's the update. Thank you, Jason M-b Wells. He writes in the latest chamber newsletter:

"Unfortunately, the US sending 5,000 troops to the border instead of 5,000 asylum petition processors, and the Mexican federal government ushering immigrants from Chiapas to Tijuana has left us no choice but focus on the short term.

"The closing of the San Ysidro Port of Entry yesterday was devastating to the over 700 business we represent.
The San Port of Entry was closed at approximately 11:30am yesterday. It was not re-opened until 5:10pm.

"A large majority of San Ysidro's small businesses rely on the period of November 20-January 6 to make their profit for the entire year.

"Sunday's closure alone represents a $5.3 million loss, just from San Ysidro business. Other business, from Chula Vista, to National City, to San Diego and beyond were also affected.

We know it ‘’tis the season when the middle class shopkeepers complain about the poor people cluttering the streets and obstructing their business, and demand that government clear the streets of the homeless, the refugees, the teaming masses yearning o be free. Count on the shopkeepers to be motivated by greed during this holiday shopping season.

Let’s put this in perspective. The shopkeepers are USA citizens, mostly. The USA has waged numerous wars overseas and created untold millions of refugees that streamed into neighboring countries, inconveniencing millions of shopkeepers,... and the San ysidro merchants are going to complain.
I compare the refugee camps and chaos in Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, countless parts of Africa - to the minor disruption in San ysidro. The San ysidro shopkeepers got nothing to complain about. STFU!
The San ysidro shopkeepers should think about the millions of refugees their government created when they bombed Iraq for WMDs that were fiction.

the USA is today dealing with problem of refugees fleeing Central America - and the problems in Central America have their root in the USA’s control of Central America over the past 150 years. The USA supported a string of strong man dictators in Central America, and squashed democracies. The USA waged gun boat diplomacy. The USA propped up numerous dictator at the request of big business (fruit companies, oil companies, miners).
USA: you created the problems in Central America, you fix them!

The shopkeepers should ask their elected leaders why did they flock up Central America?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 06:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

We know it ‘’tis the season when the middle class shopkeepers complain about the poor people cluttering the streets and obstructing their business, and demand that government clear the streets of the homeless, the refugees, the teaming masses yearning o be free. Count on the shopkeepers to be motivated by greed during this holiday shopping season.

Let’s put this in perspective. The shopkeepers are USA citizens, mostly. The USA has waged numerous wars overseas and created untold millions of refugees that streamed into neighboring countries, inconveniencing millions of shopkeepers,... and the San ysidro merchants are going to complain.
I compare the refugee camps and chaos in Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, countless parts of Africa - to the minor disruption in San ysidro. The San ysidro shopkeepers got nothing to complain about. STFU!
The San ysidro shopkeepers should think about the millions of refugees their government created when they bombed Iraq for WMDs that were fiction.

the USA is today dealing with problem of refugees fleeing Central America - and the problems in Central America have their root in the USA’s control of Central America over the past 150 years. The USA supported a string of strong man dictators in Central America, and squashed democracies. The USA waged gun boat diplomacy. The USA propped up numerous dictator at the request of big business (fruit companies, oil companies, miners).

The shopkeepers should ask their elected leaders why did they flock up Central America?

This is really all Spain’s fault. Those brutal conquistadores came and ruined those beautiful and peaceful countries to the south. Then the flourishing indigenous peoples of those lands were dispossessed by the influx of European exploiters who further suppressed the locals all the way up through Mexico. We should turn our attention to the true suppressors of the abused and demand compensation and free entrance to those nations who originally robbed the countries south of our border!!
And by the way, we should all demand that Goat man be thrown from his property and that said property in San Diego be returned to Mexico the rightful original owners…no wait I suppose the NATIVE AMERICANS who have tolerated 666 abusing their land be given the nice warm home he squats on illegally.:wow:
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 06:32 AM

Gotta agree with 666 on this one. If Trump had just sent more folks to process legal asylum requests, and maybe put those applicants in camps (like the 5,500+ children in Texas) we wouldn't need armed troops, gas deterrent, nor border closures. But, those videos will be priceless come 2020 campaigns, for both sides.

At least the US wouldn't look like a bunch of xenophobic nut cases to the rest of the world.

John
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 06:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
This is really all Spain’s fault.

Not since 1854.

John
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
This is really all Spain’s fault.

Not since 1854.

John

That's a little myopic, to say the least. IF history is only a couple of hundred years gone by...well o.k.
Actually, we are only a small part of a succession of intruders that included Mexico at one time (probably the shortest) of 'invaders'.
World history is a cosmos of self-serving interests and repetitive schemes acted upon. If you want to pay for right-ing the 'wrongs' of the past, go ahead and join the goat in his endeavour to shame us into your desires.
Some of us are inclined to secure the present, from the mistakes of the past. I don't lose sleep like you and goat, sitting in your warm abode, on others historical demise, within our borders; and I won't lose sleep over the same without.
Give up what you have gained from such, and then I might consider giving up mine.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:31 AM

If I am not mistaking, after the refugee's busted through Mexico's door, they were offered asylum by said country. At that point, the caravan(s) of people were no longer in harms way in their home country. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty irritated if a group of people came storming through the front door of my home. As I understand it, many that live within Mexico are pretty biffed about it as well. Speaking of Costco, I'll be there for my buck-fifty hotdog and soda tomorrow.

Instead of making so many follow up posts in this thread to to caravan, you should instead take the time to understand the vague Mexico offer put in the press, and the United States legal obligations under international law in regards to asylum cases.

On this forum there are many members who jump up and down and say always say follow the law and get the FMM even if you drive over the border and stay one day in a border town.

Where is that same attitude towards the United States and the caravan migrants? Where are the call to President Trump, to follow the laws?

Mexico's outgoing President Nieto, offered a vague temporary offer of IDs and work permits, but only if the migrants stayed in Chiapas, another extremely poor part of Mexico, and not too many jobs and probably no job that offered a living wage.

There is nothing in US or International law that says the caravan migrants had to accept that vague Mexican temporary offer, although it's more peaceful in Mexico. Migrants have human rights to demand a better life.

The United States, is obligated by law to allow the migrants apply for asylum. What the Trump administration, is doing is playing games, by dragging it's feet and is processing less than 100 asylum cases a day, and in some cases, I read they are processing less than 10 cases or no claims on some days.

The President is doing this for political gain, thinking wrongly that it's going to help him get funding for the wall, that he said two years ago, he was going to make Mexico, pay for the wall. Trump, tried and failed to change the immigration laws by executive order, and so because he is mad, he takes it out on the poor migrant asylum seekers.

Anybody could have predicted the caravan migrants, would try to crash the border, when the United States, is not living up it's obligations under International law, to allow the migrants to apply for asylum.

Drzura, nobody is breaking into your home, you don't own the United States, nor are the immigration laws the same as home owners rights.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:45 AM

This is called taking out your wide paint brush and painting all undocumented immigrants, as criminals, drunks, and killers.

I think it's rather sad, but also sadly the President, does this all the time to even legal Mexican or Hispanic immigrants.

Meanwhile,
A man arrested for killing a young teacher in a hit and run was out on bond for an assault charge dating back to 2017 in El Paso.

El Paso Police arrested and charged 24-year old Joel Velazquez with Accident Involving Death killing Amanda Ferguson Weyant in a hit and run on Thanksgiving Day.

KFOX14 reported that at the time of the crash he was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.

Father of the young woman said; "Her body was so mangled that they wouldn't even let me see my daughter"

Probably won't see that young woman on the front of any newspapers. Google it.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
This is called taking out your wide paint brush and painting all undocumented immigrants, as criminals, drunks, and killers.

I think it's rather sad, but also sadly the President, does this all the time to even legal Mexican or Hispanic immigrants.

Meanwhile,
A man arrested for killing a young teacher in a hit and run was out on bond for an assault charge dating back to 2017 in El Paso.

El Paso Police arrested and charged 24-year old Joel Velazquez with Accident Involving Death killing Amanda Ferguson Weyant in a hit and run on Thanksgiving Day.

KFOX14 reported that at the time of the crash he was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.

Father of the young woman said; "Her body was so mangled that they wouldn't even let me see my daughter"

Probably won't see that young woman on the front of any newspapers. Google it.

NOPE! This is something that is reported daily where a US citizen runs someone over someone and then leaves the scene...yet when it concerns an illegal, released criminal, the media hides the truth.
Of course, that doesn't fit your obvious agenda. So you disallow the truth also.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 11:13 AM

Asset or liability, its that simple.
Give all the asylum folks ankle monitors.
Hire some temporary judges.
Do your best to assimilate and become an asset to our country in the meantime.
State your case for asylum and prove you are now an asset.

There never was and will be an equivalent of Ellis Island for southern border immigrants. The Southwest was part of Mexico, there was a war that we started because of manifest destiny, been dealing with it since then.

Es Todo Bueno
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 01:11 PM

Sorry to say, but the United States in my home... :spingrin:

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
If I am not mistaking, after the refugee's busted through Mexico's door, they were offered asylum by said country. At that point, the caravan(s) of people were no longer in harms way in their home country. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty irritated if a group of people came storming through the front door of my home. As I understand it, many that live within Mexico are pretty biffed about it as well. Speaking of Costco, I'll be there for my buck-fifty hotdog and soda tomorrow.

Instead of making so many follow up posts in this thread to to caravan, you should instead take the time to understand the vague Mexico offer put in the press, and the United States legal obligations under international law in regards to asylum cases.

On this forum there are many members who jump up and down and say always say follow the law and get the FMM even if you drive over the border and stay one day in a border town.

Where is that same attitude towards the United States and the caravan migrants? Where are the call to President Trump, to follow the laws?

Mexico's outgoing President Nieto, offered a vague temporary offer of IDs and work permits, but only if the migrants stayed in Chiapas, another extremely poor part of Mexico, and not too many jobs and probably no job that offered a living wage.

There is nothing in US or International law that says the caravan migrants had to accept that vague Mexican temporary offer, although it's more peaceful in Mexico. Migrants have human rights to demand a better life.

The United States, is obligated by law to allow the migrants apply for asylum. What the Trump administration, is doing is playing games, by dragging it's feet and is processing less than 100 asylum cases a day, and in some cases, I read they are processing less than 10 cases or no claims on some days.

The President is doing this for political gain, thinking wrongly that it's going to help him get funding for the wall, that he said two years ago, he was going to make Mexico, pay for the wall. Trump, tried and failed to change the immigration laws by executive order, and so because he is mad, he takes it out on the poor migrant asylum seekers.

Anybody could have predicted the caravan migrants, would try to crash the border, when the United States, is not living up it's obligations under International law, to allow the migrants to apply for asylum.

Drzura, nobody is breaking into your home, you don't own the United States, nor are the immigration laws the same as home owners rights.
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 07:51 PM

Imigration policy was decided by the indegionus people in 1585.
The indians clearly stated to the migrants of Roanoke. If you were not born here, you can not live here. 2 children were conceived on the voyage. The indians killed all the migrants, all but 4. The indians returned 13 years later and killed the parents. The 2 children were left to roam the woods.

Sarah, the youngest girl on the Mayflower recorded this in her diary. She married one of them, the first Gringo of european descent.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:34 PM

How about taking care of the millions of US legal citizens who are homeless, have no medical insurance , live on EBT help, and have worked to pay for these programs before considering admitting thousands who have no means of supporting themselves? How about imposing the same requirements as Mexico for proving income and not becoming a liability before being allowed to immigrate to Mexico. There aren’t enough resources in this country to support all of the worlds poor that simply want a better life. There is an orderly process and must be limited to a quota that can be handled in approving asylum. These are many who have followed this process and have been pushed to the back of the line. How about a program that enables those willing to sponser an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs.
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:54 PM
kilo program

In San Ysidro on monday the 26th I saw a girl from Honduras. Working at a restaurant, and learning english quickly. I know she just got there because she is paper thin and so very cute.

Not a problem, 65 inches tall and 22 inches around the waste, if that. Cute, healthy, smart.
No line for her.
The 5 by 5 lady can go home. 5 feet tall 5 feet around, 5 by 5. Yea, no. She dont like beans and tacos, remember she complained about the free food, on the same day I ate beans and tomatoes, well alright, I also cut a red onion into the pan.

[Edited on 11-28-2018 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 05:25 AM

"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 06:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
How about taking care of the millions of US legal citizens who are homeless, have no medical insurance , live on EBT help, and have worked to pay for these programs before considering admitting thousands who have no means of supporting themselves? How about imposing the same requirements as Mexico for proving income and not becoming a liability before being allowed to immigrate to Mexico. There aren’t enough resources in this country to support all of the worlds poor that simply want a better life. There is an orderly process and must be limited to a quota that can be handled in approving asylum. These are many who have followed this process and have been pushed to the back of the line. How about a program that enables those willing to sponser an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs.

This makes to much sense, knock it off!

Making America Great Again
mxracer50

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 06:49 AM

Maybe they should stay home and fix their own country!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mxracer50  

Maybe they should stay home and fix their own country!

They should have stayed home and died, eh?
You are a real piece of work :(

Woke!

Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.