BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Shocking illegal dorado fishing documentary, Must See.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 02:44 PM

Paaaaleeeze...
"Because starting in April2008 it was Fantastic Fishing and the Big Commercials came back in an have now had a chance to Loaad up. They will leave and await unti the next time it gets good again.."
They've been in the for the 15 years I have and I suspect aren't going away any time soon.
I know you're having a blast yanking my chain. I mean it I'm done... click

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Even the closing of the Colo. River did not ruin the Great Sea of Cortez.
Skeet

skeet,
using colo river as example of healthy eco system in mexico is ludicrous.
overuse of the colo river ruined the colorado river, and ruined the delta which was once a nursery for fish stock, and was a major bird haven for migratory bird species -- the northern end of SOC is now a dead zone compared to what it once was.
overuse and final destruction of colo river destroyed much, even if you in your rose colored glasses (tequila goggles?) can't see the effect in southern SOC sportsfishing.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 03:36 PM

If you don't think the fish stocks are being depleted go back and read Ray Cannon's Sea of Cortez. When was the last time anybody saw a hundred mile long school of tuna? I have been fishing the sea and the pacific ocean for 25 years and while we still have some epic days overall the numbers of fish have declined.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 03:59 PM
don't say I din't warn you...

trying to have a civil or logical conversation or dialogue or disagreement or arguement with Skeet is....

A WASTE OF TIME !!!

When some one is an ABSOLUTIST, they stop listening, stop hearing, disconnect, YELL their opinions and insults as "absolute truths", and become irrational ~ often dangerous....

Hmmm... describing this reminds me of the absolutist, extremist, fundamentalist Sharia Muslems that seek to destroy anyone who even questions their absolute truths (let alone disagrees..).... Yup, you're about as likely to have a civil discussion ~ or change the thinking of one of those folks.

On the flip side.... Maybe you've given ol Skeet a new mission in life....

Skeet said: "I will do everything in my Power to tell our Children the Truth about The Sea of Cortez.
I will do everyting I can to teach anyone that we can not Rob the Mexican Fisherman and his Family the right to make a living just so we can say "I saved the fish for my GrandChidren."

Maybe that'll keep him busy for a while so he won't have time to drink his several Tequillas and then call anyone who disagrees with him a Drug Addict !!!

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 04:11 PM

O. K. Here we Go?

1. The Colo. River was closed and there was some response from the Mesicanos that it would cause problems with the fishing, It did!! But now over 40 years later there was a Fantastic year of Fihing from April 2008.
Now it maybe that some of the responders stay in real close to Shore and are not smart enough to go a Little further out. Or it maybe that some of the fisherman do not spend the nite at Pt. Lobos early in the season therefore do not get that great early bite as the Sun comes up.

Or it maybe be that some of thos Fisherman never make the 40 mile run to Las Animas when the Yellow fin only come up that far during the Season.

Or it maybe that the Sports Fisherman does not get up early enough and go out 30 Miles to the Reef for some of the most fantastic fishing there is {6 weeks ago}.
Or it maybe that some of the So called fisherman do not go toi Del Fonso and beyond. maybe they have not found the Lingcod that is off of Pulpito.{11 weeks ago}.If you so called Fisherman are going to depend on the News from the GreenPeckers to wonder why you are not catching fish, and if you are going to depend on those "Fish Finding Machines
to find your fish your are Lost!!

You are talking like a bunch of Cry Baby Wimps. if you don't catch fish on your firest drop only a mile from Loreto.
Go out fish late in the Day. Spend the nite on the Beach fish at Daybreak. The Fish are there and sure the Commercials are making it tough.

But

When the Tough gets Rough the Tougfer get Tougfer.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 04:15 PM

Please go to the Bay of Los Angeles report for Fishin/\\Oh! but that is just a Happenstance!

BS The fishing is Fantastic. Fish Baja
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 04:22 PM

Skeet--------for 50+ years I have been fishing out of Bahia de los Animas and BOLA and I have NEVER used a "fish finder"------just a 14 foot tin-boat with a 15hp Johnson, and we have fished within about 30 miles of our camp, both north and south, and occasionally out about 15 miles east at sea------------it has been getting slower and slower over the past 50 years, PERIOD, but I grant you we ALWAYS catch fish. I just think that it is being depleted by the commercial guys, and always has been. It cannot go on this way forever---------the supply IS limited.

We used to fish out of San Felipe in the early 50's, but it got so slow that we moved on down to BOLA, and mostly Animas for our week long fishing vacations. Animas is always wonderful, but it ain't like is was 40 or 50 years ago.

Barry
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 04:54 PM

Barry: Very perfectally said!

That is the way it is but "THE SEA OF CORTEZ IS NOT RUINED'.

Theses Jayhoos and GreenPeckers keep harping that it is Ruined, it is Not!!

I agree a 100% that imes have changed, there are declines, but the fishing is still better than any where else.. yes we may have to further and more opften but we still catch Fish.

We cannot take away the Panga Fishermans livelyhood just for the sake of our Grandhildren, and to use False Premises to do so is the same as Stealing.

We are not Mesicanos, we do not have the Right to Control those people based on our Wishes for our GrandChildren.

We are just going to have to Suck it Up and do the best we can without joining the Green peckers.

Barry> The Las Animas I am refferring to is about 40 miles South of L:oreto, a small Rock about 7 miles off of San Jose where most years you can catch all the Yellofin you can Haul..

Have you noticed that no one has addressed the fact that Halibut and Cod are up in Population and reported catchs.

Cycles/
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 05:36 PM

djh, :bounce: Agree. It's a waste of time to argue with Skeet/Loreto. He's lost some where between the Green Peckers, Jayhoos and La La Land.:(
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 05:48 PM

OK, Skeet, we are on "the same page", and I thought that probably that is where you are coming from.

The eco-alarmists are always over-stating their case, and thereby lose many of us as they are not to be trusted. (the latest the man-caused "global warming" terror-statements). Having served in the National Park Service & BLM for years I KNOW what damage and mis-information the eco-alarmists can spew out in order to make their extreme claims more believable, and influence Management decisions---------they are amost irrevelant, in my opinion because of this constant over-stating of the actual problems, but they do occasionally influence decisions that are over-reactive, and harmful to many (most??).

I can always catch fish in the SOC, but I have to think about it more now than what I used to---------and in a way that makes it more challenging and exciting.

But stilll, part of me does worry about this, and I wish I had the answers, and knew exactly what was going on.

Viva Baja, and Viva Texas!!! :yes:

I think it is good to be "our age" which helps us to put things in proper perspective-------but the newby's will always hammer away at us, and use personal attacks to try and shut us up (good luck on that) :lol: Fun, fun!!!!

Barry
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 06:32 PM

Skeet has forgot more than many of you have learned amigo,s,a bad day on the gulf is normally better than most anywhere I know of and I was fishing the gulf before many of you were born.

Ya its not as good as it once was but it was to good and spoiled many of you who didn,t know how to fish in the first place,now you must know something to be sucessful and thats when many of you lost out.

Cypress you have not spent enough time on the gulf to to pass judgement on someones knowledge fella.

The standing rule is 10% of the guys catch 90% of the fish its a truth was still stands many of you do not qualify as a 10%er thus your opinon means little.

Timing x location x Persentation = Sucess how many of you can put this to work? there are still alot of fish down there but you may have to put your head to work now.
Rob

as DT said if you can,t catch fish in the gulf you better take up another hobby Amen

[Edited on 8-10-2009 by baitcast]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-9-2009 at 06:51 PM

baitcast, No problem. It's all about presentation? Have spent more time than you can dream of fishing wrecks, reefs, oil rigs and everything else. Have fished commercially, for govt. research, and for fun. I know when a reef/wreck that had mucho fish at one time is devoid of anything. Check the fish finder. The fish are not there. Presentation?:rolleyes:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 05:45 AM

Yes Cypress"Check the Fish Finder""

The fish may be 200 yds to the right of the Fish Finder.

Watch and study the Water sometimes, not the Fish Finder.
The fish are not always at the same Spot you may have caught them last Year!! They Move Same with Squid, they will beach and die on a different place every time they come in to the Sea.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
The standing rule is 10% of the guys catch 90% of the fish its a truth was still stands many of you do not qualify as a 10%er thus your opinon means little.

that's ridiculous. ability to fish has nothing to do with value of persons' opinion on conservation. skeet and sarah palin are living proof :lol::lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 06:05 AM

sarah palin is hot!!!!:P:yes:

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 06:11 AM

Hey there, I've been busy this weekend so haven't been able to comment on these latest posts.

Would you be interested in the reaction to this film by some of the pangueros in Loreto that I've shown it to? Pure outrage.

The Spanish version of the film is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-t4GRcCA0g&feature=chann...
(part 1, there are two more parts that will show up on the youtube page on the right side)

the Spanish version is actually better detailed as not all of it came out in the English translation.

The DVD of the Spanish version is on its way from Minerva and we will be showing it to a large group of pangueros at our next Pescadores Vigilantes meeting.

Thank you Skeet for defending the "Mesicano" panguero we are definately on the same page but as one who is married to one of these guys and as one who is a friend and neighbor to many of them this situation is extremely angering so you must reset whatever it is in you and try and understand that what you are defending is not based in reality.

What is the name of the panguero you always use and talk about, Alejo Murillo? Believe it or not there are two of these guys with the same name. What boat does he captain?

I ask because I will be happy to conduct a recorded interview with him so that you can hear his words. What specific questions would you like me to ask? Maybe if you hear it from him you will make a turnaround as obviously nothing us gringos say will convince you.

I have to say this film came out at the exact right moment in order to get the troops into action. There are several points included that have everything to do with why things are running the way they are and they are infuriating, one example is the fact that no permits are ever inspected in Guaymas while on the other hand in Loreto pesca is more than happy to check for permits and every detail of our sportfishing pangas. conapesca even wants to microchip ALL of our boats so they know our every movement yet those large commercial vessels that are already chipped fish unmonitored and their movements and illegal actions are ignored. Why must we bend over backwards to conserve the fisheries, stay within limits, save the turtles when longliners from Guaymas can catch unlimited amounts of a fish that they have no permit for and 20% of that illegal catch turns out to be an endangered species protected under Mexican law? The attitude of the guys is why the hell are we saving this resource so these greedy law breaking sob's can have it to do what they want with it?

I do not take lightly your comment about us gringos telling "Mesicanos" what to do. I am Mexicana and I have every right to defend my fellow compadres and to do what I can to conserve the fishery for future generations. When you set down roots, and become a Mexicano Skeet, then you also will have every right to defend whatever it is you are defending here but until then your opinion is simply that and it has no bearing on what actually will go on in practical life down here in Mexico.

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 06:19 AM

one more thing

I never said that "The Sea of Cortes is Ruined"

but its on its way there and I an doing what I can to prevent that.

mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Skeet has forgot more than many of you have learned amigo,s,a bad day on the gulf is normally better than most anywhere I know of and I was fishing the gulf before many of you were born.

Ya its not as good as it once was but it was to good and spoiled many of you who didn,t know how to fish in the first place,now you must know something to be sucessful and thats when many of you lost out.

Cypress you have not spent enough time on the gulf to to pass judgement on someones knowledge fella.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: why so many pangueros if only 10% catches fish ? i guess the one boat that has got ONE dorado in the last three weeks must be the 10%, but then again my opion means little so i will just shut up.

[Edited on 8-10-2009 by mulege marv]

Want what you have
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2009 at 08:26 AM

Pam: I appreciate your concern.
I base my 38 years of experience living and working with the Mexicano People. Left there in 2001{Just about the time you got there}.

I still keep my contacts, talk on the phone and visit aas I did in April of 98 to Loreto and Mulege.
I have been back several times since thenn, talked to Fisherman and pangeros.

I do not limit my self to a 5 o 6 Hour Fly Fishing trip as a way to Judge the Fishery.

The Fishing was Fantastic and the Commercials found out about and came in with bigger biats. It has been going on for many, many years.

But to give any Credit to a bunch of Green Pecker types who can only Cry and Whine that the Sky is Falling any Credance is beyond Beleif.
Then to have the Audicity to tell the Pangeros at San Nicholas or elsewhere that you are going to take their Livihood away to satisfy a misqguied beleif that you are going to save the fish for your Grand Children is "DUMB".

How is it that you are still getting fushermen to come and Fish with you if the Cortez is ruined.??
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

thumbup.gif posted on 8-10-2009 at 08:57 AM

sarah palin is hot!!!! This I can agree with:lol:
Rob

Anyone can catch a fish with a boat but only El Pescador Grandes can get them from the beach.
And for the record I have been smashing the barb over for many years.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.