BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Trading the 2005 for a 2010 Tacoma! (Photos added)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 05:58 PM

I don't remember which trade magazine I saw it in but they said Toyota is scheduled to come out with the new Tacoma in 2014, probably for the 2015 model year. DK will get a new one then. I'd like to see them get rid of the red instrument lighting or make it changable. Also redesign the door panel, maybe take a hint from Nisson like the Xterra. I'd also like to see a little more space on the inside of the upper front wheels so snow chains and larger tires have better clearance. I'd also like to see the rear differential locked in 4x4 H. Maybe have a larger inverter that can power a MW. Improve the cup holders in the front with two in the console and make the hatchet arms stronger on the two front ones. Also more range on the tilt steering wheel, up/down with seperate tilt maybe. Auto dimming rear view mirror. If they haven't already add auto level control on the radio. I know I'm being picky picky picky.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
I don't remember which trade magazine I saw it in but they said Toyota is scheduled to come out with the new Tacoma in 2014, probably for the 2015 model year. DK will get a new one then. I'd like to see them get rid of the red instrument lighting or make it changable. Also redesign the door panel, maybe take a hint from Nisson like the Xterra. I'd also like to see a little more space on the inside of the upper front wheels so snow chains and larger tires have better clearance. I'd also like to see the rear differential locked in 4x4 H. Maybe have a larger inverter that can power a MW. Improve the cup holders in the front with two in the console and make the hatchet arms stronger on the two front ones. Also more range on the tilt steering wheel, up/down with seperate tilt maybe. Auto dimming rear view mirror. If they haven't already add auto level control on the radio. I know I'm being picky picky picky.

Suggestions are good...

The locker in H4, may not be a factory option because in 2009, the Tacomas were equiped with Traction Control in H2 and H4 (I noticed a big improvement over my '05 with my '10, it is a very effective limited slip in high range 4WD). The Off Road 4WDs have A-TRAC in low range and a rear locker.

There is a mod. that allows you to lock the rear differential, anytime! On the pre-'05's it is called the Gray Wire Mod. On the post '05's a relay must be used. This can be found on TacomaWorld.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:25 AM

When I saw this thread listed in Today's Posts, I thought David was selling his new Tacoma.

Attach some new photos, David!!:bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
When I saw this thread listed in Today's Posts, I thought David was selling his new Tacoma.

Attach some new photos, David!!:bounce:

This is a year old thread Ken... Because it is where TW talked of how the built-in inverter goes from 400 watts to 100 watts when the truck is in gear. This is why I responded here when I had a solution for that.

Newest photos of my truck are in the Lost Mission Expedition 2011 trip report... :light:

[Edited on 5-15-2011 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:23 AM

I would also like to see rear wheel disc brakes either standard or as an option. Much easier to rinse out if you get them in the water launching. Jim
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 10:05 AM

When I said DK would get a new one I ment he usually changes every 5 years, I think on a lease. Me I hold on to a vehicle for years and years or until I hit a buss. My 91 chevy I had for 13 years and then gave it to my son who still has it. My 93 Toyota I had 14 years until I hit the buss in Mexicali. At my age I'm not sure I'll buy another truck since I already have a 2004 GMC and a 2004 Tacoma. Of course when I get as old an Neal Johns I may reconsider. I wouldn't mind having a Jeep or Xterra.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 10:19 AM

TW is correct, as I do get the new Tacomas on a 5 year lease... as I only have one vehicle and it is used for my business as well as travel/ vacation... That is why it must be reliable and able to take the punishment of off roading and never break down as it has to serve me as daily transportation... Only Toyota has proven to me to be such a reliable and well built vehicle.

I am seriously considering converting the lease on my 2010 to a purchase, as it is just so perfect (and with the drop in business miles from the crappy economy, my opdometer isn't flipping as fast as my previous two Tacomas).

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
When I said DK would get a new one I ment he usually changes every 5 years, I think on a lease. Me I hold on to a vehicle for years and years or until I hit a buss. My 91 chevy I had for 13 years and then gave it to my son who still has it. My 93 Toyota I had 14 years until I hit the buss in Mexicali. At my age I'm not sure I'll buy another truck since I already have a 2004 GMC and a 2004 Tacoma. Of course when I get as old an Neal Johns I may reconsider. I wouldn't mind having a Jeep or Xterra.

I never drove a vehicle more tham two years during my working life .The last new one i bought was in 1998 . My current 2 vehicles are 1995. It took a lot of years to figure out I was throwing away a lot of money and vehicles tha still had a lot of life.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:
Originally posted by TW

I never drove a vehicle more tham two years during my working life .The last new one i bought was in 1998 . My current 2 vehicles are 1995. It took a lot of years to figure out I was throwing away a lot of money and vehicles tha still had a lot of life.

Wow, how many miles did you put on in just 2 years that caused you to trade them so soon? Me, I put over 100,000 miles on them in 5 years or less.. but that is less than half a good life for a Toyota!

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 11:01 AM

I was a union ironworker and it was not unusual to comute 130 miles or more a day and my wife did outside sales work.
Most of the time I traded was not due to excessive miles but I loveeeeeeee the smell of new cars:lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 11:38 AM

That's a good reason!:cool:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 12:56 PM

I agree the smell of a new vehicle is great. I also think cars and trucks get better with new features added every year. My 93 Toyota had the 3L V6 and that was the only grip I had with it. It was great in Baja running at a slower pace and off road but on the freeways of CA it was a dog with a capital D. My 2004 has the 3.4L V6 and the difference is night and day. Had I driven a 3.4L earlier I would have traded in a heart beat. My work truck was a 2007 Tacoma with the 4L V6 and I swear it might beat my GMC Z71 with a 5.3L V8 in a drag race. I really do like the newer vehicles I just don't want to part with my cash. I've owned the title after a few months to every vehicle I've had except this 04 Tacoma, I financed it over 3 yrs. Being retired I didn't want to part with my IRA money too soon.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 01:40 PM

The size, comfort, power and traction controls of the '09 and newer Tacomas are really nice Tom!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 06:07 PM
Here's one TW's former Toyota trucks

SPIDERMAN!:lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 06:45 PM

I like the last one on the WWII U.S. Telephone (to San Felipe Radar station) Pole Line, Cobblestone paved road!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 07:25 PM

I really liked that truck, especially in Baja. But I must say my 2004 with the bigger engine is much better. It will stomp over the Jeeps in a heart beat. It will climb a pole line road faster than a speeding jack rabbit. It will, it will I need to control myself....................it will make me happy.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 07:38 PM
It will, it will...

TW - Did you know that slow is the new fast? :!:

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.