BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10
Author: Subject: going to Guerrero Negro...should be an eventful trip!
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2010 at 06:07 PM
can-can, baby can you can-can?

as per BajaFam: "Nothing like a 2 day dress rehearsal!! Miss Sirena and Izaak are now at a standstill and the doctor's are telling her it was a false alarm! Poor mama! Here's to hoping the real thing is a heck of a lot easier on you! "

lead me to think: Dress rehearsal. 2 days. Yup. When I was a dancer with the Golden Chain Theatre (19th century melodrama) we'd have 2 hellish days of dress rehearsal, false eyelashes and all... hey, maybe Sirena would like to learn the Can-Can!

Here's a couple reviews for your evening entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK0gYi1YEZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARWKqcGRpbc&feature=relat...

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-28-2010 at 06:26 PM

Sorry to disappoint you guys but nope I'm not in labor...or at least not in the heavy stages yet.
I've been feeling very tired, cranky and have had cramps and aches all day so I'm hoping all those yucky things are good signs.

We have a gynecologist appointment tomorrow morning so we'll have an idea of what's going on. Hopefully we can get this show on the road ASAP!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
BajaKeela
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2010 at 06:32 PM

Another one here waiting for news ..and checking in three times a day!!!
Sirena ..my wish for you is that you have your little one as easily as I had all of mine.Three hours start to finish..with and without doctors..A big fan here of you and your family..Best of luck and hopefully we'll meet next March .
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2010 at 07:14 PM

Sirena, cramps and aches are a good sign all a part of this. PS You have a right to be cranky right now all you want, you'll be smiling very soon now.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 07:35 AM
yeeha, little Vaquero Izaak

While we're waiting for Baby Izaak at the Cowboy Motel here's a glimpse into the life of another sort of cowboy, another type of Nomad:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1350713282534

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 10:41 AM

Hey all!
Just got back from my doctors appointment. It looks like it'll be game on tonight!!
Baby Izaak just does not want to stick his head down so that I can start dilating, which (as the doctor said) means he is too big and it would take long long hours/days in order for me to start dilating and to be able to have the baby naturally, because of his size, they would probably take me in to C-section even after I had started natural labor because I'm too small...

So...I got a blood test done and the doctor (the one that I wanted to deliver my baby anyway) will revise those and check the babies weight once again tonight, if it's the same as the other ultrasound (3.950 kg) she will operate tonight so we should have baby Izaak in my arms by midnight if all goes well.

I know that I didn't want a C-section at first, but at this point, I'll suffer much much more if I try to have a natural birth and it would probably result in having an emergency C-section anyway because of my size. If I suffer, my family and friends suffer, and we don't want that, sooooo if all is well with my blood tests (no anemia or any other risk factors) we should have baby Izaak on his way home by this weekend!!!!!!!

This might be the last update I can give, I'll try to send off another right before leaving for the hospital.

Thanks everyone for your support, I ask for your prayers and good thoughts tonight so that everything goes smoothly and my baby and I come out of the operation OK!

Lots of love

Sirenita

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 10:48 AM

Good luck, sweetie. So excited for all of you.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 10:51 AM

Best wishes Sirena... we are all hoping for a healthy baby and mommy!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 11:41 AM

Hang in there girl, can't wait to see pics of you and the boy.
Tell Shari I'll put five on today and five on tomorrow:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Love Lionel:cool:
BajaKeela
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 11:54 AM

This is a special time for you and your family ..Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Can't wait to see pic's of little guy .. (oh! oh! I mean big guy). Standing by ....tic tic tic
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:10 PM

Hola, Sirena;

Thanks for taking time for an update. It's a relief to know you and baby are fine and in good hands.

Good luck today and all the best wishes to you, el bebe and your family,
w

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:13 PM

Good luck Sirena. We'll all be keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers...

irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:14 PM

You are all in my prayers. May you and baby stay safe. God Bless

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
Nan&D
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:30 PM

Hi all.
Best warm thoughts to you, we can't wait to meet Izaak.
Love Nan and D

Visit us for info and pics of Bahia Asuncion and Galaria Bahia at http://www.nancypridham.blogspot.com
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:35 PM

Good luck Sirena, you will be such a good mom......
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 12:46 PM

You and your family are in my prayers. Good luck tonight.k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 02:26 PM

Well...I have never been a big c-section fan..... until today. We had rehearsed all the ways to avoid being pressured into the operation and were firm on going the distance with a natural birth.

Well...funny how the best made plans in baja seem to morph into something quite different. After seeing our favorite, sweet doctora, and finding out that izaak weighed in at 8.7 pounds, we realized that poor Sirenita would definately need to receive stitches "down there" anyway...which is like...super nasty..worse than any c-section and the doctora went through all the risks involved with trying to coax Izaak out.

So, I'm all over this cesarean option...I figure Izaak & Sirena will run much less risk and be happier to be together sooner than later..she's well overdue and Izaak just keeps packin on the kilos.

So we will go to hospital with our darling doctor and hopefully Izaak will be evicted from his comfy waterbed tonight.

thanks for hangin in there amigos...it has been really fun for us to hear from you all and believe me, we feel your love and support and have enjoyed reading your posts. So next post will hopefully be some pics of the big bugger and proud mamma...I still have a few hours till I enter the sisterhood of grammas.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 02:32 PM

oh yeah, one more very important thing kids...I would like to thank a kazillion times over sister Mulegena for doing the shari dance in Asuncion. She stepped up to the plate and is running the show there making it possible for me to be by Sirena's side without stressing too much about our animals, plants & clients. She is doing an extraordinary job...above and beyond the call of duty and bless her loving soul!!!!! you da bomb girlfriend!!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 02:57 PM
aw, thanks Shari-mine

Entirely my pleasure!

What's life without service 'cause when we help another in love we receive it back Big Baja Time!

Besides, I kinda like wearing this Shari-face (kinda like a Nixon-mask, only nice!)

I have the Keys to the City and have already given a raise to everyone, have freed the fish, let the dogs out, have painted the roses red and in my spare time am paving the streets in gold!

Sirena becomes a mama soon as she is so totally filled with love for this new life she brings and you get to enter the cloister, eh er oh, no, not quite that but you're becoming a grandmama!

Watching life weave its web from here in Beautiful Asuncion with love to you all, your Lisa Maria Mulegena

baja-spirit
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2010 at 03:46 PM

Hope all goes well and keeping your family in my prayers..
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.