BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Rain Reports & Latest Road Reports?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2010 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...misery loves company right?

Oh well, there's always tomorrow. The very special 15 years plus one day celebration will be just as meaningful. After all...it's just puberty rites.

Hey Shari....have you ever noticed the indigenous women [are they around down there?] running for cover when a solar eclipse begins? They believe if caught out in one, they will become sterile.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-22-2010 at 10:34 PM

never saw them running but have seen them tie a red ribbon or string around their bellies and on plants too to prevent them from dying.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
never saw them running but have seen them tie a red ribbon or string around their bellies and on plants too to prevent them from dying.

I'll keep an eye out for that one. It must work.
Another one more commonly used by mainstream Mexicans is to shave a baby's head to concentrate growth on the body rather than the hair when one thinks the baby has stopped growing.
I had neighbors who were professionals at UABC who did this to their baby. They said it was on the advice of their doctor. I guess there's no accounting for religion and medical superstition.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 08:01 AM

hmmm...I guess that's why Izaak, the man baby is so big...not much hair so lots of concentration on growth...he has sideburns though!!

the big 15th birthday party happened after all...till 4:30 this morning...I'm sure the missy is very pleased and tired today! It is a bright, clear sunny day today to dry things out.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
...he has sideburns though!!

It is a bright, clear sunny day today to dry things out.

Elvis reborn.

Yeah....it's beautiful here this AM. No wind....lots of blue sky and sun.... colder than a witch's udder.
Today I get to be Paraquat Man, cleansing the world of all these nasty weeds and things that grow out of the ground as fast as Bamboo after a rain.

Then...I get to celebrate. SALUD
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 07:27 AM

The road is in pretty bad shape in spots. The construction work south of Ensenada is really torn up now. Much of Hwy 1 has a lot of new pot holes as well.

And I made it home in time for the quincenera....the party went on until about 4am despite a few rain drops.

Zac

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
The road is in pretty bad shape in spots. The construction work south of Ensenada is really torn up now. Much of Hwy 1 has a lot of new pot holes as well.

And I made it home in time for the quincenera....the party went on until about 4am despite a few rain drops.

Zac

Zac, a Nomad reported that the El Rosario bridge was completed... can you confirm that please.

How are the Colonia V. Guerrero (Santo Domingo River) bridge and the San Vicente bridge coming along?

Merry Christmas!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 12:14 PM

I drove across the NEW El Rosario bridge two weeks ago.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 12:24 PM

For those of you planning on traveling on 99 ......Grapevine through Los Angeles towards Baja..... is clear cut

My of guys just arrived in Seal Beach and Orange County. No snow or mud issues.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.