Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2013 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by brewer
Just a big question...Where is their source of fresh water? Does a de-sal plant come with the development? Anyone know of where the water comes from?

I happen to know one of the Residents there, nice people, and they're very happy with the project and their new "green" home there.

They had a very large underground water storage tank installed and so far have been hiring large water trucks to come from San Felipe and fill them up. They are also working on setting up a water tank on a trailer and get water from "The Well" (Arroyo Matomi) 5 miles south of their Community.

Same well all of Puertecitos and surrounding area gets they're water from.

you are spoiling everyone's fun. Glad to see someone posted first hand info!

:yes::yes::yes: First hand information is often a rare thing around here, especially as it pertains to a SPECIFIC thing, not a bunch of generalities about what has happened with someone else at some other time. Thanks Baja Warrior.

Any potential buyers should still do their homework and that applies to everywhere!

[Edited on 4-21-2013 by DianaT]

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project,

Perhaps that's a clue as to the age of the website.

That I believe is valid. Before the economic and real estate collapse, many projects that were started stopped and are now coming back to life.

Gees, I sound like I am defending this project, and I am not.

The Mexican government already sold off the assets as much as they could. I'm unaware of what success they had. The only ones that were not for sale were Topolobampo and Puerto Escondido I believe. This was back in '09. By '10 they couldn't sell them as a package, and allowed buyers to cherry-pick.

Again, I'm not aware of the final outcome.

btw... the Rancho Costa Verde web site first posted information about Escalera Nautica on their site sometime between December 19, 2008 and February 24, 2009:

http://tinyurl.com/d8khkyw (archive.org)

http://tinyurl.com/d8qywyu (archive.org)

The site has been updated - code-wise - since August 19, 2010, but no change was made to the text or highlight of the Escalera Nautica information at that time apparently. Here's the current page:

http://ranchocostaverde.com/?page_id=144

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bajabeachfront

[*] posted on 4-22-2013 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brewer
Just a big question...Where is their source of fresh water? Does a de-sal plant come with the development? Anyone know of where the water comes from?

Yes, the development is permitted to construct a well that will provide water via desalinization plant. ETA: The homes can also be equipped with additional atmospheric water generators.

Quote:
What, no golf course?

There are no plans for a golf course at Rancho Costa Verde, so it may not be the place for an avid golfer who intends to live on the site. El Dorado Ranch is about 45 minutes north though.

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Slanderous?? well maybe, but in all fairness, the San Felipe area has gotten a
terrible rep from so called developers, a lot of people have been taken to the cleaners,
so lets say that this development is legit, they will have to jump over a lot of bodies first, then will have to answer some really direct questions and not beat around the bush with the answers
they either have their act together or they don't, No gray areas
well unless they are selling to people that just don't know and just walk in with blinders on,, we have all seen this happen time and time again

You're absolutely right. The main concerns we encounter from prospective buyers understandably surround the legality of the entire process (particularly in regards to why and how a foreigner can actually OWN in Mexico and knowing their investments are clean in title) so of course we have to be prepared to discuss them fully. This isn't a ball and gag scam with a bunch of itchy sales people. If the development MAKES SENSE for the buyer based on our assurances and legal backing, they can move forward with the investment. If it doesn't, they don't.

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Will the real OMAR please stand up

I have more teeth than that guy. :lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by Bajabeachfront]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2013 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

The national pen company.

It's mentioned here:

http://sanfelipe.com.mx/about-san-felipe/history/
It would be interesting to know if any of the people who "won" those lots were ever able to do anything with them.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 4-22-2013 at 04:06 PM
Lots at Eldorado Ranch

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The national pen company.

It's mentioned here:

http://sanfelipe.com.mx/about-san-felipe/history/
It would be interesting to know if any of the people who "won" those lots were ever able to do anything with them.

I was gifted one by a late relitave they WON it and paid membership dues for years and never came to Mexico. We took the lot# and paper work to the office out there to check it out we were shown this large map on the wall and the agent pointed to this dot wayyyy up on the mountian . we asked if we could see it. There was no road. we were informed we could trade it for another lot but it repersented no cash value.

The only good that came out of it we were allowed to stay in thier R V Park for 10 days and attend a sales pitch meeting with a comp. meal. did not buy a lot at that time. That missadventure is a whole nother story :lol::lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by J.P.]
baja-chris
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:56 AM

Now that it's mid October, how did that club house turn out? How many homes are now built?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:10 PM

"Beautiful INEXPENSIVE Beach Front Property"

Triple redundant and unrealistic. unless we're talking Somalia.

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:35 PM

Jejejeje Woody!

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 02:29 PM

Omar writes
"Yes, the development is permitted to construct a well that will provide water via desalinization plant. ETA: The homes can also be equipped with additional atmospheric water generators.

Where does the money for the plant and upkeep come from?

How many gallons per day will you supply to each homesite?

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 02:44 PM

Hey Omar how about a few photos of the many projects breaking ground ,
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimgrms
Hey Omar how about a few photos of the many projects breaking ground ,

:yawn: TIC TIC TIC..........
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 02:59 PM

The OP last post was 4-22-13.....tic toc

I hear the whales song
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:20 PM

not sure why were bashing omar and the rancho costa verde project again (other than thats what nomads do)? I went out there and reported if you're not beachfront theres no reason to be there( waaaay less than a garden spot) but progress is being made, take a look at their facebook page, some folks like it!

https://www.facebook.com/ranchocostaverde
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
not sure why were bashing omar and the rancho costa verde project again (other than thats what nomads do)? I went out there and reported if you're not beachfront theres no reason to be there( waaaay less than a garden spot) but progress is being made, take a look at their facebook page, some folks like it!

https://www.facebook.com/ranchocostaverde

Interesting... fair enough!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.