BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  12
Author: Subject: POLE LINE ROAD 2015 REPORT/PHOTOS (Sheri's pics + Chuck's Video added)
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:00 AM
trashing the place..

I don't think showing a pic of a few sail boats and a bad firepit is enough to convict sailers as bad stewards of a area !! more likely a panga camp...sailers as a whole are much more careful,respectful than any other group of users that I have ever seen...leave no trace and only foot prints !!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
rts551 (don't you have a name?),

may I remind you that I stated already that I donate my collections to local museums or appropriate authorities?
8 out of 10 times nobody wants them though.

Its Ralph. Many already know that. You miss the point. After collected, they lose their identity (unless immediately taken in with location etc or you are cataloging them with the proper data). INAH in San Ignacio will take any unique finds in our area, but wants to know the details behind the find. They are somewhat sensitive to the issue since some gringos just about destroyed an indian village taking the artifacts to the US to sell. Anyway, Norte should have given you a thumbs up for exposing the TP issue.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The few Nomads who provide photos and give trip reports (of the thousands of members) being harassed for what the photos are of, will scare others from doing any sharing. Baja Nomad without Baja reporting would be about what then, climate change arguments? Goat, it was Norte commenting about Harald's photo, not mine. I dig holes so no TP was mine, sad that it is even mentioned. It does remind me of a friend who went around burning TP in the desert after some girls camped at his Guadalupe Canyon location.

I have been camping all my life, I leave no trash in the desert or beaches, I want it as beautiful or better than when I was there. I have even collected trash left by Mexicans, when they left. So, maybe I love Mexico more? Take only photos and trash, leave only footprints and tire tracks!

"Even collected trash left by Mexicans"....my goodness. Look around at what many people are doing for Mexico. They are giving more than they are taking. Love Mexico more? glad it was a question.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I don't think showing a pic of a few sail boats and a bad firepit is enough to convict sailers as bad stewards of a area !! more likely a panga camp...sailers as a whole are much more careful,respectful than any other group of users that I have ever seen...leave no trace and only foot prints !!

panga trash and sailboat trash is distinctively different - so far I have found sailboat trash behind every dune of Baja's paradise beaches (sailors are saving the planet by not throwing their trash in the ocean)

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Artifacts left in place are what tell the story. Out of context, they often have little meaning.

much of what I find is in dunes carved up by vehicles
I hate ATV's driving in dunes, but they dig up cool stuff
do I leave what I find in the tracks to be lost again?

some of what I find is in my garden
do I throw arrow heads back into the planting hole with a new tree?

I find metates at the beach used for Gringo fire rings
do I leave them until they crack in the next fire?

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 09:30 AM

here is what I have for the Kier Baja Museum:

Harald Pietschmann
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 02:44 PM

To the few that did not go on this trip.Making your insane comments.Please keep your trap shut.All the people,On this trip are great people.If you cant comment,on the good things of this trip.STAY OUT OF OFF ROAD POSTS You people are Ridiculousness.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 04:17 PM
Paleofeces!

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Where do you draw the line? Is everything an artifact? Remember Tin Can Beach? Yikes.....guess you guys should have left your toilet paper for future studies!!!

[Edited on 4-13-2015 by BornFisher]

you are right on target!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleofeces

Paleofeces, I learned a new word today from the wikipedia link, and can hardly wait to work it into a conversation! Maybe a gifted wordsmith like Osprey can use that one word to express something like;'that is crap, and it is getting old!'.

I saw photo #16, and read the caption. Harald clearly was showing, and stating, what should not be done! I don't think his group would drive off and leave a mess that could easily be eliminated (pun intended).
Heck, like me, he even travels with a sh*t eating dog or two! If we ever cross paths, don't let her lick you! Just kidding, her breath is fresh, and I want to keep it that way so I not only bury my own, I look for any deposits left by others to make sure she doesn't get started on something gross!

[Edited on 4-13-2015 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 05:19 PM

I just got nice Pms thanking me for telling the (what they called them marooons) The marooons sitting in there lazy boy fat chairs,dont need any answer.Dont worry if they want to answer,I have more. They wont like it.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 06:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
To the few that did not go on this trip.Making your insane comments.Please keep your trap shut.All the people,On this trip are great people.If you cant comment,on the good things of this trip.STAY OUT OF OFF ROAD POSTS You people are Ridiculousness.

If you do not like comments on threads posted on a PUBLIC forum then take it to your facebook page or create your own private forum. Based on your last comment, you think a lot of yourself don't you?

I can just see it now...you can only comment on your own thread or with prior permission from the thread author.:lol:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 07:26 PM

Sorry I dont use Pendio book! Also I dont mind comments.I tell it like it is. There is more to tell,but I will keep my mouth shut as long as I can.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 07:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

If you do not like comments on threads posted on a PUBLIC forum then take it to your facebook page or create your own private forum. Based on your last comment, you think a lot of yourself don't you?

I can just see it now...you can only comment on your own thread or with prior permission from the thread author.:lol:

bajatrailrider:
are you the one that left her TP blowing down the arroyo?
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:33 PM

Sorry I dont use Pendio book! Also I dont mind comments.I tell it like it is. There is more to tell,but I will keep my mouth shut as long as I can.

Huh? did you finish school? take too many drugs? or is this some kinda computer shorthand? I feel kinda bad...don't you wonder why your support is private? Its like the hens through a sacrificial egg out of the chicken coop.

Pendejo....what is a Pendio?

and on edit: pick up your TP and bury your poop next time.

[Edited on 4-14-2015 by norte]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:45 PM

ignore the bad - reinforce the good

Harald Pietschmann
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:46 PM
To 4by4 abc

Hola, ahh....what do you mean...US built road in mexico ??? As always I'm really confused...Please enlighten me...thanks for your time and wisdom........
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:56 PM

This is getting good now Norte,Good to see your in full support of the marooons.Kept it coming.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 08:59 PM
bajatrailrider

Hola,,there are some REALLY loney old farts here !! don't take it personal !!!! :lol:
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 09:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
Hola, ahh....what do you mean...US built road in mexico ??? As always I'm really confused...Please enlighten me...thanks for your time and wisdom........

here is the short version:
Rumor has it that US personnel established a phone line between San Felipe and Ensenada in 1942. They also built a road to establish and service the phone line. All this as one of many US defense strategies in Baja during WWII (radar stations, air fields etc).
The fact that many US made parts were used for construction reinforces the rumor.

Do you plan to do something about your confusion? Could be something serious.

[Edited on 4-14-2015 by 4x4abc]

Harald Pietschmann
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 10:13 PM
HA,HA

yes that's true... there s is many old story's about this...I thought you were implying the hwy 1 was a US thing.....which is a total mexico gig...I drove it as it was being made...hrs watching a small diesel/wax/kerosene flame can on the side of a road to no where....DK and others can chime in with that....BUT, I was 17 yrs old and on my own....So,,as a long term Res of Baja and mex (8yrs old) and I do have a firm thought/insight to many things you gringos don't,,,,,,please keep that in mind...bein dias.....K&T
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 10:59 PM

Damn !!!! I missed the poop picture....:no:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.