Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11
Author: Subject: Carjacking
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

This report is the first time I have considered the value of caravaning with at least another vehicle....

These people were caravanning down and got separated. It takes a game plan which they lacked. Like, don't get separated.

If military waved them off, they could have hooked up at the Pemex in town. This has me scratching my head. Why didn't the lead driver wait? (Or did I miss this post?)

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 11:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
All kinds of reasons not to report this....One is the kind of treatment given to it by some of the Kourageous Keyboard Kowboys on this forum.

Who do you refer to here, Chuck? Not everyone thinks like you do. Not report crime? That's what you're saying you did? Doesn't sound all that Courageous to me.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 12:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
According to a poster on talk Baja this happened at 5 am.
It's unfortunate, but How many times do people have to be told to not drive at night in Baja?

Joe, sometimes you're an a$$hat, this is one of those times.

Goat you believe Doc Hollywood?

Doc Hollywood, can't even get his stories straight. He claims he told this same story right after the alleged incident, and he reported it on "Talk Baja" Facebook. However, Ron, aka Baja Gringo, probably after reading my posts express some doubt, actually questioned Doc Hollywood, and told Doc Hollywood, he searched his posts on "Talk Baja" and there is no record on Doc Holiday, posting anything about this incident!

Doc Holiday, then changed his story, and said, he wrote it on another "Baja Faccebook site, but that "Facebook" site is closed, and we can't see what he said. ( hopefully a member of that site can search that site and find the postings)

Ron, I guess satisfied with Doc Holiday's answer, erased the exchange between himself and Doc Holiday, which rises my eyebrows, and makes me wonder why he erased the exchange?

Doc Holiday's Facebook, page looks a little light, the name Doc Holiday, is probably bogus, keeping in mind, Facebook, requires all members to use their read names. Whenever you see a very light Facebook page like Doc Holiday, it should raise a few red flags, that it could be fake. Of course it could also mean a person just doesn't use Facebook much, or just doesn't have lots of friends or family members.

I'm sorry Goat, but Doc Holiday's, second hand report, is just not that credible to me, although I'm sure a lot of readers on "Baja Nomad' and "Talk Baja" thinks it's irrefutable proof it happen.

Oh one more thing Goat, when I first hinted this report may be bogus, some people like you make a jump, and figured that I was blaming that cult leader, at that other Baja Facebook site, that lives to hate Mexico, Baja, and Rosarito.

No I don't think he or his cult followers had anything to do with this story, but they often jump on stories like this or stories from the travel board comments, and then post those comments on their Facebook pages like it's real news in order to push their anti-Mexico agenda.

Doc Hollywood wrote:This incident did happen as described. I posted it shortly after it happened to this group where it was also met with some disbelief. They had made it to LV and sought additional medical advice from a doc friend of mine as I was in La Paz. I heard the story second hand from that doc. This was a brutal attack and I suspect their plan was to rape the daughter and quite possibly kill the parents.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
This is just another Nomad embarrassment. Like the guy last week who posted a great fish report and got chased off this forum to never post again. WTF folks??? Please put your petty issues aside and try to encourage useful information from those who take the time and effort to inform us here.

Define nomad embarrassment? Comments and opinions you don't agree with? Everyone posting has an opinion about this situation -- some even post passionately by name calling.

No one chased a poster away after ''a great fish report.'' I made a comment, apologized for my passion, others agreed with my (and their) inability to read the report, and some took offense to my (and others) opinions.

Are you trying to hijack this thread? You can't censor all the people even if you try.

Explain how you're embarrassed? Maybe you're too sensitive for this forum? Kinda like fish master?

F*ck it.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 12:26 PM

Chippy not that its any of your business - but we don't own a single one of the pangas, boats, cruisers, sportfishers or yachts that we represent for charter.

And I fail to see how anything about this can be amusing.

I expected someone twisted would have some sort of flame response, so there it is.

BajaBudda thank you for always posting that which makes me think and consider ..

Happy Super Bowl Sunday ..

kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 01:14 PM

For those of you who would like to read the first hand account of the attack, the mom is sharing the story on Talk Baja

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 01:37 PM

Lee you are a fool, and not a very bright one at that. A few days ago you sent me a U2U apologizing for your previous slander and npw you are repeating yourself. I NEVER said I didn't report the incident, you made that up. I don't think reporting it made or will make any difference. If I did or not is no ones business but mine. I think it is a terrible thing, that when someone shares an experience on Nomads, that they are ridiculed, challenged and told by cowards like you what they should have done. Easy to do tho sitting in the safety of your home, isn't it.? These folks and others have gone through a frightening experience and don't deserve the treatment they are getting from some others. I also never said I was courageous, but I am not a fool...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
It is a sad truth that there are evil do-ers everywhere - unfortunately the jealousy ignited by the audacious displays of material excess results in reprehensible behavior. I cannot offer a solution but I surely wish there was one .. I'm not suggesting that towing a Hobie cat was 'wrong' ... but my initial thought (6th sense perhaps) was what it was ..

Not sure you are winning points calling it wrong to tow a hobie cat,... You never win points blaming the victim.

But gringos should think about how they appear, and take care in traveling.
Crime has many causes: income inequality, cultural differences, poverty, sociopathy, drug addiction, bad parenting, economic society that offers little or no Opportunity, etc.
Many gringos have no idea how they appear to Mexicans, and how their 'displays' of wealth (e.g. expensive cars full of "toys") are sometimes inappropriate abroad in countries with extreme poverty or drastic income disparities.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 01:39 PM

Yes , we all thankfully, I may add, have the right to free speech. But is it always NECESSARY to exercise that right when what you say may just be really hurtful and unproductive? Part of having a brain and a heart is the ability to evaluate and consider ones actions, statements before engaging in them and assessing whether the harm they might cause is ultimately worth it.

Thank you Kevin for your posts and sharing this info. It saddens me deeply what is happening in Baja , and many places in the world. I wish this family healing...
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 02:01 PM

After I got convinced this actually happened, I gave some thought to the reason of this happening. Could it be someone made some derogatory remarks at the stop and made some folks extremely mad? Since their was no robbery attempt and , to me, an attempted rape seems unlikely.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Lee you are a fool, and not a very bright one at that. A few days ago you sent me a U2U apologizing for your previous slander and npw you are repeating yourself. I NEVER said I didn't report the incident, you made that up. I don't think reporting it made or will make any difference. If I did or not is no ones business but mine. I think it is a terrible thing, that when someone shares an experience on Nomads, that they are ridiculed, challenged and told by cowards like you what they should have done. Easy to do tho sitting in the safety of your home, isn't it.? These folks and others have gone through a frightening experience and don't deserve the treatment they are getting from some others. I also never said I was courageous, but I am not a fool...

Gee Chuck. You really are emotional. Why are you even posting here? You don't visit Baja anymore. And what's with the name calling? I apologized out of respect. Doesn't mean I agree with you calling anyone on this forum a coward. And you think I'm a coward? Because I'm willing to stand up for myself? Meet me and you'll have a different opinion.

You've admitted that you pay mordida and would do it again. Isn't that a coward's way out? And not reporting it?

If you want to show me the post where I slandered you, I'll apologize again. It never happened.

If you want to call Pescadero safe, go ahead. You don't know anything about this area.

So, Chuck, take a break. Everyone here has the right to question what's been reported as a crime. Guess you feel differently. Oh, and sorry for the troubles you've had down here. Hope things feel safer for you in Kansas.

I also support Joe's right to express himself freely here even if I don't agree with everything he writes. I believe this crime happened and Talk Baja confirmed that for me.

F*ck it.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 02:32 PM

...thanks BigWoo and Windgrrl for investigating and confirming enough details to remove most doubt ,to me at least, that the horrible situation happened.

I think some early -productive- skepticism for a story like this IS appropriate,,,not so much the interpersonal drivel. It would be great if that stuff can get back to the OT cesspool where it belongs.

I hope the victims DO follow through with the consul connections they've been given, I feel this is important in getting a proper level of investigation underway,,,before the -next- possible occurrence happens.

......and thanks to michaelW and kevinD raising the situation, and persisting through the necessary skepticism.

[Edited on 2-7-2016 by micah202]
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 02:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  
After I got convinced this actually happened, I gave some thought to the reason of this happening. Could it be someone made some derogatory remarks at the stop and made some folks extremely mad? Since their was no robbery attempt and , to me, an attempted rape seems unlikely.

I too am left wondering ....... why this happened?

It seems to me that to really address the issue and avoid similar problems in the future will require some understanding of what motivated this hideous attack.

While anything is possible, I doubt towing a Hobi in itself led to this incident. Most every gringo traveling Baja has with them some form of material play things. You even see new looking, large diesel pushers towing equally new looking color/pinstripe matching Jeep Cherokees plying the roads of Baja seemingly w/o drama. IMO not the best image to project but to each his own.

Bruce
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kevind  
For those of you who would like to read the first hand account of the attack, the mom is sharing the story on Talk Baja

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/

Although it's fun playing devil's advocate. I have to get ready for the Super Bowl.

I do see that Mom is talking over there at Talk Baja, but I also see she isn't adding much to do the story, then what was already said in the second hand reports. I would like to know more about the investigation about the multiple agencies, and if any arrests have been made?

While I'm watching the game, take a look at the Mom's Facebook page, and see if there are family photos, and both family members and friends with a history on the site, because Facebook sites can easily be faked. You could even use an old name and change the name to match whatever name you want.

Check out the Mom's name on Facebook, and see if there is such a person in Bend Oregon on the search sites.Keep in mind women often use maiden names, and if you know how to cross reference for that, and for the husband.

I have to admit, it looks more and more legit, but at the same time, I know people, sick people, that could easily pull Ron's leg over at "Talk Baja" and make it appear they are posting from Bend Oregon and they are the mom.

Well, I have to take a break from the mass hysteria this thread, and the thread over at "Talk Baja" created, where I'm hearing things like Mexicans at the check point, may have been involved in sexual trafficking, and that's the reason why they were interested in the daughter!

michaelw

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 03:43 PM

Hello Nomads

I am the guy who posted the original message in this thread. In it, I made no claim to having first hand information. I simply recounted the story and asked the community for further information that would either corroborate or disprove the story.

Ultimately, the post by Pescador, the pictures, and the posts by Doc Hollywood on the TalkBaja Facebook thread point and the first person account by the mother involved (also on the TalkBaja Facebook thread) would indicate to anyone with a shred of common sense that this attack did happen.

The mother chose to tell her story on TalkBaja, rather than the Baja Nomad site, because after reading the the venomous, spiteful posts by JoeJustJoe, 4x4abc, and others, she was so disgusted she took her account elsewhere.

In the end, their actions deprived Nomad members of the first person account that everyone was interested in getting.

My original post, along with kevind's, was intended as a service to fellow travelers. Having seen the ugly nature of numerous individuals who posted on this thread, I doubt I would ever, in the future, offer this kind of information even if I felt it might be useful in a very serious way to other folks traveling down the peninsula. It is simply not worth putting up with the disgusting blowback you see in this thread.

I leave in the morning to drive down the peninsula and intend to enjoy the drive and Mexican people as I have for 40 years.
I will, however, pay a little more attention and am grateful for the fact that this family was willing to share their story.

Safe travels to all.
Mike Weis
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 04:15 PM

Thanks Mike ... as it should be
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 05:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Thanks Mike ... as it should be

Unfortunately, we will never know how many helpful, constructive, contributions are lost to this forum due to the vicious attacks by the same few every time. Osprey posted a comment recently in words to the effect that the commentary was getting more civil. It was looking pretty good for awhile with a lot of new Nomads adding positive information. Sadly it didn't last long.
I for one would have liked to hear the woman's account of what happened.
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 06:01 PM

JoeJustJoe writes: "Although it's fun playing devil's advocate. I have to get ready for the Super Bowl".
This thread has been discussing the elements surrounding a vicious attack on a father and his wife and daughter as well as the dissemination of specific locations and other pertinent information that could save fellow Baja travelers from a similar fate and you flippantly remark:"Although it's fun playing devil's advocate. I have to get ready for the Super Bowl".
I find your choice of words disgusting and bordering on the imbecilic. I do not understand how your fellow members of Baja Nomad tolerate your blather and spew. Words like "Now speaking from a personal frame point. If it was me and my family, I would not rest until the perpetrators were behind bars, or 6 feet under. Right on Joe. You can do it all including putting them 6 feet under. You're the man for sure!
Is there not some other less destructive manner that you could garner attention? I sense from the collective response to your emotionless, frozen spittle laden diatribes that your reputation is sodden to say the least. People like you and a few others are managing to destroy the efficacy of this site. You literally embody the term Anti Social Media. You and a few other members on this site do a disservice with your disruptive narcissism. You in particular exhibit traits of outright paranoia. You might think about changing your mood to "dumb as hell", or "inconsiderate as hell".
To the rest of the members please feel free to take my single star junior nomad status away, but before doing so, accept my apology for the RANT. I just could not take his idiotic BS any longer.

[Edited on 2-8-2016 by kevind]

[Edited on 2-8-2016 by kevind]
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 09:23 PM

From Talk Baja FB Group:

"There are some inaccuracies in the story that was relayed. My daughter and I did not recognize the men from the check point. I was asleep at that time. The uniforms worn by the attackers were the same as they wore at the check points. We could not identify anyone. We were able to give vague descriptions only."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/123555593...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 09:32 PM

Well done
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.