BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: Mexico reaffirms gay marriages. Not hard to be more enlightened than California.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 05:04 PM

OK, we are sounding a little more reasonable now. I thought we were headed for off topic for sure! :lol: Even Mr. Bill toned it down a little.
Old Lady, I can't wait until we are neighbors, I think I'll learn a lot, and test your tolerance.;D
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico

Why be opposed to love and commitment, that's crazy.

Who's opposed to that? Let's all love and commit. Do we have to have the government bless this union?

Churches do the blessing and that's up to them. I think government should apply the laws that distinguish single people from married people equally, regardless of gender.
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 05:36 PM

I'm reminded of a cartoon I once saw which showed an elderly couple in their living room reading the newspaper. Woman says "Now gays want to marry? Haven't they suffered enough already?"

As for Mr Bill...he is the only person on the thread so far to really go off track with such words as "anus", "balls", and "butt pluggers" when the issue was marriage and prop 8.

Seems a bit obsessed...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by redhilltown
As for Mr Bill...he is the only person on the thread so far to really go off track with such words as "anus", "balls", and "butt pluggers" when the issue was marriage and prop 8.

Seems a bit obsessed...

He has his own way of expressing himself. He won't respond to challenges and is usually right with his comments.
I don't know anybody here who would or could go head to head with him.
That said, you don't have to agree with him. I often think he's full of sht, but there will be no response to a rebutal.

Just accept his knowledge and hate him as you feel appropriate. Any response other than quiet acceptance will be met with derision the quality which you've never seen.

Good luck in your decision to carry on......or not.

[Edited on 8-20-2010 by DENNIS]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 06:22 PM

It seems to boil down to the same old problem of one part of the population which is willing to grow, learn, experiment, accept new things and remain open to understanding having a fundamental disagreement with those who align themselves with a bizzare bronze age myth and who try to enforce some constantly changing set of values on EVERYONE else.

It is impossible to have a rational argument with a Christian. If one's opponent was rational, they wouldn't be a Christian.

So it becomes necessary to protect our godless constitution ALL THE TIME because of the Christian dominionist threat and the horrible damage already done. When the Christian mob (Congress) got the chance to support the Baptist church and put their god on our money in 1864, the constitution meant NOTHING. When in 1954 the same Christian mob decided to follow the example of the Catholic Knights of Columbus and make our flag pledge a religious statement the constitution meant nothing. When these issues went before SCOTUS, that (previously) exclusively Christian body did all in its power to protect their own religion at the cost of freedom for the rest of the citizens.

The Mexican government has one thing much more right than the U S of A. While they may be predominantly Christian, they DO have seraration of church and state. We do not.

An atheist was recently elected to head the government of Australia. Christianity is in decline all over the world. There is hope for rationality, but in this country it is a faint hope and the opponents have a long and dismal history of killing those who disagree with their dogma. The perfect example is the history of the Irish Catholics and Protestants butchering each other for generations while waving the same irrational bible overhead!!! How in "god's" name could that possibly happen among rational people????

There can be little hope for peace and understanding until these "chosen" people run their course.

For some reason I'm reminded of a line from the 50 year old Mad Magazine. "Fools rush in.............and get the best seats."

[Edited on 8-20-2010 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
It astonishes me that christians can emphatically claim that homosexuality is an abomination, on the basis of what their bible says (Leviticus 18:22), and at the same time reject other things that are clearly advocated and justified by their religion, like slavery (Leviticus 25:44), selling your daughter into slavery (Exodus 21:7), killing someone who believes in some other god (Deuteronomy 13:7-17), killing those who work on the sabbath (Exodus 35:2), and killing your kids for talking back to you (Leviticus 20:9 and Exodus 21:17). Where's the consistency in that? Seems like one should not cherrypick the bible, it should either be accepted in its entirety or rejected in its entirety.

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by Ken Bondy]

I wish there was a "standing ovation" icon for that post. Thanks.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
I'm reminded of a cartoon I once saw which showed an elderly couple in their living room reading the newspaper. Woman says "Now gays want to marry? Haven't they suffered enough already?"

Seems a bit obsessed...

Maybe a weekend with a dominatrix would solve the curiosity. Are either of those pretty gals in the photo a few pages back available?
:saint::saint:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 06:51 PM
Mexico is not perfect

Quote:

Seems a bit obsessed...

Good observation. Some Nomads have obsessions. Toilet humor is harmless.

Now back to the subject of this thread: Mexico -- a gay haven?

Gays can marry and adopt kids but abortion is illegal? Scratching my head on this one.

''Argentina this year passed a law allowing gay marriage nationwide, the first such measure in the region. Neighboring Uruguay allows same-sex couples to adopt under civil unions, but not to marry.

Mexico City's bill was pushed through by leftist Mayor Marcelo Ebrard, who has backed other liberal measures like the legalization of abortion, which remains illegal in most cases across the rest of the country.''

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6745RD20100805

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 06:58 PM

Gewwwwwwwwdammmmmmmmmm...Who cares?
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 08:06 PM

Lee...equating Bill's well documented history of anti-social stands, and his proud collection of "isms" to potty humor is hardly in balance.

He does serve a purpose. It is important, IMJ, for people with an interest in culture to know that there are indeed radical extremists out there reacting like him.

I generally think most about him when I go to the polls and personally cancel HIS vote. I only regret that I have only one vote to give for my country. Sorry Nate!

[Edited on 8-20-2010 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 08:10 PM

Shallow victory, Perry. I'll betcha Bill knows how to vote forty times. :lol:

Jes kiddin, Bill.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Shallow victory, Perry. I'll betcha Bill knows how to vote forty times. :lol:

Jes kiddin, Bill.

Not that tricky....any community organizer like ACORN can help.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Mulege has been a GAY HAVEN for as long as I can remember...

I thought Santa Rosalia was the Laguna of Baja???
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 06:42 AM
Who said I was opposed?

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Folks it's about money... it really not that complicated...

Same sex couples that feel a deep emotional bond and want that bond recognized in the same manner done so by opposite sex couples as a true commitment to sharing their lives together might argue with you about the importance of the money aspect.

Why be opposed to love and commitment, that's crazy.

Me personally, have stated before... Government has no business in OUR personal lives, for anything that does not hurt anyone else ... and again this is not about love, committement, flowers, bridal veils, people throwing rice or any of that... can already be done..

The true arugument about "rights" are about the "Rights which I posted above"... its about money... simply stated...

Most of these other issues deal with personal feelings in reaction to homosexual couples “doing” what all couples do … have intimacy .. (or many do, there is a movement toward celibacy for obvious reasons)

I have had many gay friends in my life, and still do, I do not care one damn bit how they wish to live their life, it's their business in my book... and have never ever questioned why they lived that way... I just enjoyed their company... and some great times.. two guys I met at work were gay, my wife and I went to HI with them for two weeks.. one of the guys mom and dad lived there with others from the family.. it was a great family and one of the best times we ever had... sex did not enter into one damn thing... a sign of affection by two men, does not bother me one damn bit... or two women

It does bother me.. that an argument is being used, to get money ..... and a smoke screen of issues are being used which is not being honsetly presented ... it is about the money... a surviour homosexual marraige can not get after death of a "spouse"... at this time ...... now its that simple..

All the other blah, blah, most gays can and do deal with it on a daily basis since there was a religion, which said it was a no-no ... however, at the end.. when one dies.. the division of assessts by current law (Government) does nothing for the survior in the "marriage" as the marraige is not recognized for the following:

1. Denied the Social Security survivor benefits that are made available to all married couples;

2. Heavily taxed on any retirement plan – 401(k) or IRA – they inherit from their partners, although married spouses can inherit these plans tax-free; and

3. Charged an estate tax on the inheritance of a home, even if it was jointly owned – a tax that would not apply to married spouses.

And if you think this is not the issue, change the current law that the spouse in a “recognized marriage” Will be treated under the following conditions, and lets see what happens….

1. Denied the Social Security survivor benefits that are made available to all married couples;

2. Heavily taxed on any retirement plan – 401(k) or IRA – they inherit from their partners, although married spouses can inherit these plans tax-free; and

3. Charged an estate tax on the inheritance of a home, even if it was jointly owned – a tax that would not apply to married spouses.

:lol::lol::lol:

and again, can hardly wait for the division of property, children and all the rest... when these come up for divorce ....

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
The true arugument about "rights" are about the "Rights which I posted above"... its about money... simply stated...

It does bother me.. that an argument is being used, to get money ..... and a smoke screen of issues are being used which is not being honsetly presented ... it is about the money... a surviour homosexual marraige can not get after death of a "spouse"... at this time ...... now its that simple..

All the other blah, blah, most gays can and do deal with it on a daily basis since there was a religion, which said it was a no-no ... however, at the end.. when one dies.. the division of assessts by current law (Government) does nothing for the survior in the "marriage" as the marraige is not recognized for the following:

And if you think this is not the issue, change the current law that the spouse in a “recognized marriage” Will be treated under the following conditions, and lets see what happens….

:lol::lol::lol:

and again, can hardly wait for the division of property, children and all the rest... when these come up for divorce ....

Bingo!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 07:30 AM

Quote:

Merely a training center....

Gay Basic Training? What'll they think of next. Oh...I know. Gay Marriage Tourism. :lol:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 08:04 AM
yeah...but i always say...

Quote:
Mike...I sense that you have rung the death knell on this thread...

go out with a laugh!! hahahahaha.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
There shouldn't be any economic benefit or penalty associated with marriage- and why discriminate against single people?

many laws were created to impose social policy on the masses. laws favoring spousal inheritance w/o taxation, mortgage interest deduction, dependant tax credits, etc, etc. all are govt controls of the masses. single childless people living in rentals should rise up in revolt. married people that own houses and breed like rabbits do so by foisting their tax obligations onto single childless renters. we need a progressive flat tax, and repeal all tax deductions and tax credits.

****************** get out of everybodies bedrooms. it is ridiculous that the US allows christain right to try to impose social policy via discriminatory laws.
the constitution and amendments were written to avoid tyrants imposing their whims on monorities. (the term tyrants includes *******************************)

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by BajaNomad]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
the masses.

WOW....That term took me back to a time when I read "The Naked Communist."
An Orwellian flashback.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 11:36 AM

Are we the 'masses?'

"We have met the enemy..and he is US." - Pogo

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.