Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: marlin marlin marlin
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
Unfortunately BajaBlanca you will find or already know that the extreme ones on this board never say sorry nor that they were in fact misinformed. You have made the change in the best interest of billfishing by now requesting catch & release in the future. Keep on smiling and keep the faith as the world doesn't really revolve around strong negative people. There is a way to express your displeasure with something without being overboard causing feelings to be harmed. Take Care & Travel Safe----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777
WOW !! I AGREE AND GREAT WRITING!!! BAJA BLANCA ROCKS AND THAT WAS IMO A GREAT PIC !! K&T AND I HAVE DONE JUST A TINY,TINY,TINY BIT OF FISHING !!
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 08:30 PM

I have fished in Baja for a long time, Bill Collector has stated the Mexican Fishng Regulations correctly! No one should kill a Marlin for fun or photos! One per boat, and that is tooooo much! I have been fishing in Baja since 1989. The Marlin are so special, they should not be killed! To post a post a photo of three dead Marlin from a boat is insane! I do not post very often, but, this just raises my hankels. My hat is off to Bill Collector and the others that have come forward to protest this post. Mike you are one great guy, thanks, supporting fishing and not killing!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaumpaw
In order to find out for myself and others on this board. I just called Conapesca Comision De Acuacultura in San Diego at 619-233-4324 to ask about bag and possesion limits in Baja. I spoke with Tony. He first tolde me that the rules for Baja were thae same as for all of Mexico. He refered me to their internet sit under the sme name as above. He said that the bag and possesion limits were per angler and not per boat. I told him that 3 licensed fishermen fishing on the same boat in La Bocanna each caught and brought to shore 3 Marlin. He said that "that is totally legal under their laws. He again refered me to their website and said it was per person - not per boat. Hopoefully this will clear this up. If in doubt, give Tony a call at the3 above telephone number. Nice legal catch guys.
CAN YOU NOT READ!:o
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomberro
I have fished in Baja for a long time, Bill Collector has stated the Mexican Fishng Regulations correctly! No one should kill a Marlin for fun or photos! One per boat, and that is tooooo much! I have been fishing in Baja since 1989. The Marlin are so special, they should not be killed! To post a post a photo of three dead Marlin from a boat is insane! I do not post very often, but, this just raises my hankels. My hat is off to Bill Collector and the others that have come forward to protest this post. Mike you are one great guy, thanks, supporting fishing and not killing!

wanna bet $100 that youre wrong, just like Bill Collector?

and who uses the word "hankels"?:lol:

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:

It's prolly an extremist word from 1935.:fire::fire::fire:

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
docvandijk

Mood: Vitir y dar vitir

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Quote:
Quote:

It's prolly an extremist word from 1935.:fire::fire::fire:

I believe he mis-spoke: It his "hackles" which are on the rise. "Hankels" is not a word. Hackles are feathers on the back of the necks of poultry that twitch when the bird gets aggravated. A more common phrase from our agrarian times, when folks apparently entertained themselves by watching chicken necks twitch.
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2012 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
My hat is off to Bill Collector and the others that have come forward to protest this post. Mike you are one great guy, thanks, supporting fishing and not killing!

It appears your hero has some explaining to do..
But I'm sure there is some valid excuse like "it was dead already" it was going to die anyway"..

hy·poc·ri·sy   [hi-pok-ruh-see]
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

oops... http://www.mexfish.com/ecap/ecap2005/ecap050627h/ecap050627h...

Bomberro, feel free to donate the 100 bux to any charity..

But I guess that could be a different "Bill Collector" it is possible to have two boats named the same in the same area.

[Edited on 9-28-2012 by bigmike58]

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 12:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
My hat is off to Bill Collector and the others that have come forward to protest this post. Mike you are one great guy, thanks, supporting fishing and not killing!

It appears your hero has some explaining to do..
But I'm sure there is some valid excuse like "it was dead already" it was going to die anyway"..

hy·poc·ri·sy   [hi-pok-ruh-see]
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

oops... http://www.mexfish.com/ecap/ecap2005/ecap050627h/ecap050627h...

Bomberro, feel free to donate the 100 bux to any charity..

But I guess that could be a different "Bill Collector" it is possible to have two boats named the same in the same area.

[Edited on 9-28-2012 by bigmike58]

[Edited on 9-28-2012 by luv2fish]

albright.jpg - 25kB

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Collector
Since we are the ones that love fishing and do fish we want them left in the water .
Stupid picture

Wow, stupid picture ??? Howbout the one above ??

Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:05 AM

That FISH was dead, it was brought in for food for the area. NOT killed for a picture, guess we could have just dumped it overboard and let other fish eat it...Taken over 10 yrs ago..

YES, there are two with our same name, but this is ours......

I wasn't going to asnwer any more but needed to for this..
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:20 AM

Also very important it's One Marlin--
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
I have never been one to pack up the ice chest with fish...pretty much catch what I can eat.

Zac

Seems like I have been committing some taboo act....???

Rarely when I do go out fishing and get lucky enough I will catch the legal limit of a targeted species like yellowtail. I will fill up my ice chest, take them home and cook one fresh, freeze some and smoke the rest. All get eaten, all where caught legally.

Never thought I would have offended any fishermen.

Ken

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
I have never been one to pack up the ice chest with fish...pretty much catch what I can eat.

Zac

Rarely when I do go out fishing and get lucky enough I will catch the legal limit of a targeted species like yellowtail. I will fill up my ice chest, take them home and cook one fresh, freeze some and smoke the rest. All get eaten, all where caught legally.

Ken

Who is offended by your actions?

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

Zac

Ken

Who is offended by your actions?

Good to hear you arn't. Your post seem to imply that those that kept enough fish to load an ice chest might be doing an offensive act.

Just missinterpreted your statement. No harm no foul.

Ken

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 07:40 AM

we will be fishing in cabo/todos santos in a couple of weeks with friends from chicago. i made them all argee that any fish with a bill/sword on it goes back into the water alive.... just my $.02

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 07:42 AM

If you had a teacher in grade school who screamed, pulled your hair, made you sit in the front of the room with a dunce cap, and kept you after school because you had a problem learning how to spell a new word, you probably got angry and pretty much decided that you were never, ever, going to spell that word right.

Imagine that in La Bocana, there are very few Marlin that ever show up that far north and when someone gets a chance to catch a very rare fish that they have never caught before, and it is easy to imagine that the emotions of the moment take over and the first thing on your mind is to show everyone back at shore what you managed to do.

Add that to the fact that part of what makes La Bocana such a desirable place in comparison to Cabo San Lucas is the fact that it is a little more primitive and undeveloped. It has taken years to get the skippers and captains in Cabo to practice catch and release and everyone here expects that to happen because they think it might be the right way to go.

Then we have people who have come to assume that the rule is one marlin per boat but a careful reading of the regulations makes it very clear that the rule is actually one marlin per license.

Blanca was predicitably excited when she took the pics and was caught up in the excitement displayed by the fishermen. And I can assure you that all the fishermen on shore were excited to hear the stories of the catch and battle. Is this much different than reading "Old Man and the Sea"?

For those of us who fish a lot, we read fishing magazines, we talk to other fishermen, we go on long range trips, we hang out in tackle stores, we might even spend a little time on BDOutdoors, and over a long period of time we come to agree and support the idea of catch and release for marlin. But this happens on a long term basis and still exists on a continuum of those who are adamant about Catch and Release and those that still eat a Marlin once in awhile. It is interesting to note that most of the boats in Cabo as well as other places still honor the tradition that a person who catches their first Marlin gets to make the decision of whether or not to keep it. I do a weekly report for Western Outdoor News and it has taken a long time to get to an editorial position where no "dead hanging billfish" are shown. I get really upset with dragging a live fish up on the back of the deck for a photo. Real sportsmen like Bill Erhardt from Loreto makes it a point to keep the fish in the water for a photo which keeps the Marlin free from damage and slime scraping which is bad for the fish but a popular charter captain on the East Cape regularly brings fish up on the back deck for photos.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:05 AM
KEEPING A FISH

HOLA,,SINCE I HAVE BEEN FISHING B.C.S SINCE 79 I HAVE SEEN SOME CHANGES IN REGARD TO FISHING..WHEN I FIRST GOT DOWN IN BAJA THE LOCAL BOYS DID NOT RELEASE FISH !!! NO WAY IN HELL !! THAT HAS SLOWLY CHANGED TO C/R WHICH I PRACTICE MYSELF AND MY GUEST'S ON MY BOATS..BUT IF A PERSON LAND'S A BILL FISH AND EATS IT !! IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD !! WHILE LIVING ON A HATTEREIS IN ALCAPULCO WE TOOK GRINGOS OUT AND THE BOAT ALWAYS KEPT THE FISH AND SENT PICS TO THE TAXIDEMSET FOR A MOUNT..ALWAY TOLD THE FISHERMAN THAT THE MEAT WAS BAD !! BUT THAT AFTERNOON THOSE FISH WERE CLEANED AND ATE...HOPE ITS CHANGE OVER THERE !!AND ANYONE REMEBER TURTLE LOTION ??? K&T:cool:
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Also very important it's One Marlin--

Yeah, one marlin... This brings to mind a couple of other guy's that didn't follow what they preached on to others. Didn't Jim Bakker only have ONE affair? Jimmy Swaggert only ONE date with a hooker?

Lighten up Francis, You came here falsely accussing Blanca and her friends of breaking the law. Multiple people have cited the Laws of Mexico and you still maintain that your tournyment rules are above the law. I would think that most guy's might actualy man up and apologize, hell, Jimmy did "I have sinned"...... Sometimes the most vocal protest are done by the person carrying the most guilt.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 09:37 AM

I'm starting to think these "professional tournament" blowhards aren't the sharpest hooks in the box:rolleyes:you'll never get him to admit he's wrong. especially to clueless weekenders as he so eloquently calls the masses.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
That FISH was dead, it was brought in for food for the area. NOT killed for a picture, guess we could have just dumped it overboard and let other fish eat it...Taken over 10 yrs ago..

YES, there are two with our same name, but this is ours......

I wasn't going to asnwer any more but needed to for this..

Let the truth set you free...........Wow talk about busted!
Looks like you got caught with the same "stupid picture" and worst of all you target these species who have surely died from your love of what consider sport. You say it was dead ? Was that from you playing with it like a cat for an hour with a hook in its face. There is a huge difference between those who hunt for sport and those who hunt to eat. Don't kid yourself, I'd bet you have killed more billfish than most fisherman.

Sounds like a good time for you to pack up your toys or be a man and apologize for being mean to others. :cool:
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.