Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  15
Author: Subject: MULEGE MIRROR - "Remember When?"
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 03:50 AM
MULEGE'S BAY OF CONCEPTION - APRIL 15, 2010

A trip to Mulege would not be complete without at least a day or two on the beaches of Conception Bay. Without a doubt the prettiest bay in Baja.

When I took these photos yesterday, April 15, 2010, all the beaches were fairly deserted..tons of room for campers.

PLAYA SANTISPAC

PLAYA SANTISPAC LAGOON

PLAYA COCOS

PLAYA COCOS

PLAYA BURROS ANCHORAGE

PLAYA COYOTE

PLAYA COYOTE

CALM WATERS OF BAHIA DE CONCEPCION - PERFECTO

[Edited on 4-11-2014 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 05:18 AM

Pompano, Perfecto!:yes:
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 10:30 AM

Can't wait to get back. Is Patricio still on the beach? We are off to Yucatan beaches next week (Playa del Carmen and south), hard to beat those playas on Conception, tho.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 01:14 PM

Roger. The recent photos of the southern beaches. In Feb. & Mar, did they look anything like Aprils photo's.???? Or was there some activity. Thanks for the photos. I love this thread. I haven't a clue how to drive to your casa when we drive down to Loreto & Nopolo & Cabo. Certainly do want to do so. Want to talk about your fishing experiences on the Umpqu river. Evere fish Diamond Lake up the North Umpqua?
Phil & Wendy See ya for sure this November. Providing we don't get highjacked on the way down. lol lol lol
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2010 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
Can't wait to get back. Is Patricio still on the beach? We are off to Yucatan beaches next week (Playa del Carmen and south), hard to beat those playas on Conception, tho.

Hi Vince...yes, as far as I know, Patricio is still on the beach. Wow..love the Yucatan! Take some good pics of those clear waters next week, amigo. Bien viaje.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Roger. The recent photos of the southern beaches. In Feb. & Mar, did they look anything like Aprils photo's.???? Or was there some activity. Thanks for the photos. I love this thread. I haven't a clue how to drive to your casa when we drive down to Loreto & Nopolo & Cabo. Certainly do want to do so. Want to talk about your fishing experiences on the Umpqu river. Evere fish Diamond Lake up the North Umpqua?
Phil & Wendy See ya for sure this November. Providing we don't get highjacked on the way down. lol lol lol

Hola Phil S,

The BOC beaches are at their busiest from December until April. February and March will see a brisk camping business on most easy-access beaches.

As you can see, it is almost vacant here now. Why? Because Spring is not just for Baja...It's bursting out all over! Most perennials leave for their places Up North to enjoy their own beautiful season. From now until October we will see many European campers, who seem to enjoy the heat a little more than most norteamericanos, plus they are usually of a younger generation and more basic-style campers.

Hope to see you in November on your way south. Safe journeys, amigo.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 06:02 AM
North River Road - Mulege

Yesterday.

I just liked the look .. and needed to test the camera after dropping it on the sidewalk.

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 06:30 AM

....didn't i detect an antenna sticking out of the water in one of those pictures of playa coyote?

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 07:15 AM

Thanks Pompano! The bay is looking as pristine as ever. The wife is in La Paz about a permanent position today. Looks like we should be moving soon. San Bruno and the bay will be my first two stops on the way south with my boat. Please keep the great pics coming, they are great motivators!!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
....didn't i detect an antenna sticking out of the water in one of those pictures of playa coyote?

Yes, Mike.. I noticed that phenomenon myself early last Saturday morning. I wondered about it briefly....and then had to go fishing. I don't see it out there anymore. :?:

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
I just liked the look .. and needed to test the camera after dropping it on the sidewalk.

Whatever you do, Don't loose your camera!!! I would have nothing to dream about with my morning coffee :o Thanks again for your pics.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 07:04 AM

The Santispac Stalker

Ah..Closer..closer...just a bit more....then lunchtime!

Sometimes less is more...

Mulege's Starbucks

A new find (for me anyway)..a good cup of coffee and some killer brownies at this shop across from the water store downtown Mulege.

bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 07:20 AM

Mornin' Pompano! The skiff in the 2nd photo, the one with the motor, is a lot like my "Sancha". I plan on taking that and a 19cc to La Paz with me. I plan on leaving the cc in La Paz at home, and using the skiff for easy towing and exploring between Santa Rosalia and the East Cape. On most days will the skiff work for inshore BCS fishing? Easy on gas, easy to beach launch, and very fast on relatively calm water with the Suzuki 40 on the back.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 07:40 AM

We were at Santispac for a couple of weeks late last month.

Warm but not hot days.

Cool but not cold nights.

Crystal clear, warm water.

Gentle breezes.

Few other campers, but not empty.

Hot tamale morning room service.

Fresh fish, shrimp, and lobster afternoon room service.

Many opportunities to increase the t-shirt supply. Friendly vendors.

Plenty of time to spend lounging around in the reading room:

palapa.jpg - 49kB

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Mornin' Pompano! The skiff in the 2nd photo, the one with the motor, is a lot like my "Sancha". I plan on taking that and a 19cc to La Paz with me. I plan on leaving the cc in La Paz at home, and using the skiff for easy towing and exploring between Santa Rosalia and the East Cape. On most days will the skiff work for inshore BCS fishing? Easy on gas, easy to beach launch, and very fast on relatively calm water with the Suzuki 40 on the back.

Piece of cake with your Sancha, bajabass. The SOC is no worse than a big lake most of the time, just use your usual common sense. Years ago, I trailered and fished most of it with a 16ft Lund aluminum skiff w/40HP tiller Johnson and had no major problems..just windbound a few times. With your trouble-free Susie, you'll have no problems. Have fun out there!

bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 08:30 AM

Thanks Pompano, I plan on it!:biggrin:
Trueheart
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:26 AM

Pompano:

Thanks for a great adventure with your pics and comments. Thoroughly enjoying this thread. Just spent 6 weeks in PC, and of course, a fair amount of time in Mulege. Was there for this year's chili cook off and had a blast. Been to a several of the places you show, but far from all of them. Can't wait to get back down and experience more.

Steve
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
Pompano:

Thanks for a great adventure with your pics and comments. Thoroughly enjoying this thread. Just spent 6 weeks in PC, and of course, a fair amount of time in Mulege. Was there for this year's chili cook off and had a blast. Been to a several of the places you show, but far from all of them. Can't wait to get back down and experience more.

Steve

Where is PC?

Trueheart
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 11:47 AM

My abbreviation for Punta Chivato.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 08:30 AM
ALEX...a favorite fishing guide & barkeeper.

Alejandro/Alex...one of Mulege's finest fishing guides..(and most humorous I might add)....

... plus the manager, bartender, floorsweeper of the Mezquite Bar in downtown Mulege.

El Mezquite Bar..a good place to talk fishing while quenching your thirst.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 08:09 AM
"Take a Message to.....Pepe?"

On thing about Mulege parking - makes for great Dust Notes.

Creative, Isaac...bravo.
Y buene suerte, just saw you in the square.

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.