Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12
Author: Subject: Road Block Bandits
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 10:14 AM

help?

edit: my question about Gonzaga has absolutely nothing to do with our bitter feud regarding the other coast!

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by woody in ob]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
No wonder you conveniently forgot about it above... I would to if I lost someones Kayak and did not pay for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
"No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else. "

Obviously Diana... you don't get the point and are stating an absolute LIE right here in you reply. No kayak was lost by my children... I even offered to pay Doc back if he thought my kids lost it, to keep the peace, after Roberto's endless (like you) accusations. Doc said he found the kayak and has it, case closed. I returned to Gecko many time after that trip and it never cam up again... Roberto, however has left Gecko since his stories were told.

I don't dislike Roberto or you... but you need to find a life that isn't always about making up hurtful things about me or my kids. Please stop this hate.

on this one i have to defend dk (oh, the horror). kids lose stuff. rental outfits expect renters to occasionally lose stuff. who cares if someones kids left a kayak on beach and it floated away? kids don't think. kids do stupid stuff. rental outfits won't go broke, they factor in occasional losses to their pricing. sounds like kayak was eventually found.

if i lost a rental kayak, i would not lose sleep over it. i would tell rentee that it was cost of doing business.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else.

But, I was not there to see it for myself, only heard about it from VERY reliable sources. Thus,

I won't comment any further,
I won't outright call you a liar or imply that you are a liar
I will not indicate that you really did not understand what was happening
I will not tell you that your perceptions of what happened are wrong

So please, do the same for others-----so many have asked this from you, and it does not seem to sink in.

I quoted myself as this was my point, the one I hoped he would understand. I would not defend nor dispute his story, his perceptions, etc.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 10:27 AM

The issue is not losing the Kayak. The issue to me is denial. Kinda like Toyota:lol:

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by rts551]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
if i lost a rental kayak, i would not lose sleep over it. i would tell rentee that it was cost of doing business.

Is that because they don't swipe your credit card for security in Baja ?
And/or that you are extemely cheap and a little dishonest ?

You break it or loose it; you pay for it !
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
The issue to me is denial. Kinda like Toyota:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

diver, ******************

losses are infrequent, rentee should assume risk of loss. many rentees charge insurance for loss/damage, but few actually issue a 3rd party insurance policy and are in fact self-insured.

nuthin dishonest about breaking rental/losing rental equipment -- when i rent i ask rentee to accept risk of loss when i takes equipment (i.e. rentee should build insurance into rental rate). the problem with having to pay for damaging rental equipment is that providers often don't understand depreciated values, so negotiation afterwards is difficult. better to ask for insurance rate upfront.

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by BajaNomad]
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:11 AM
The "rental agency" is a little out of context here

I think this is one you, goat, should butt out of. On this one you know not of what you speak.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

Roberto is a bro through and through......these diaries should be left buried. Sometimes no response is the best.
Just sayin'. Always being an easy target must mean there is something to shoot at.

arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:19 AM

Hijo de la gran .

...and everybody says that I'm the bitter old man around here?

ni modo

:lol:

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by arrowhead]

No soy por ni contra apatía.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:20 AM

I know Roberto as a totally "stand up" wonderful guy.
He is the kind of guy that would go WAY out of his way to help others.
He has done so for me.
He contributes a lot and does what he says.
The only person I have heard him speak negatively about was DK.
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:26 AM

I am confused...so his kids lost (if they did actually lose it, which it doesn't seem like they did) a kayak. It's not like he pulled it out of the water and strapped it to the roof of his Toyota and drove off like, what? It's mine now, suckers!

I agree with mtgoat. Kids lose stuff, and it sounds to me like DK made attempts to right the situation. Didn't he say that he offered to pay for the kayak, but was refused? Seems like the owner had some other beef, especially considering the kayak was eventually found and returned.

Now, I know that there is some underlying animosity between y'all...but come on! Let bygones be bygones, and get back on topic.

Banditos ~ do they exist? Yes. Have I been privy to them? No. But I count my lucky stars because these things happen all over the world...even in my small town. An elderly couple was shot and killed in the WalMart parking lot not too long ago. A woman's estranged husband beheaded her new suitor in a jealous rage while my husband was on duty. Banditos will not keep me from enjoying Baja (or anywhere else for that matter).

Stories like these, that show the good and the bad just remind us, as travelers, as humans, to be aware of our surroundings and not be naive to the possibilities that exist (blissful or dangerous). Evil exists everywhere, even in Utopia...it's what you do with that knowledge that is important. Do you pretend it doesn't exist? No. Do you do your best and act/react accordingly? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? Hmmm...I hope so. Of course, Lionel does most of the driving...but we are both prepared to defend our family if need be.

I hope that we never encounter such a situation, but if we did, we certainly wouldn't ignore the incident and not report it to our fellow Nomads. That would be a great disservice! Now, let's not focus on the negative...that's what the media is for!!!!!

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:27 AM

Roberto is a good and honest man. He has helped or offered assistance to a number of us nomads.

Let's not anyone imply that he's a liar. I don't believe that for a minute.

nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
grace59
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
I am confused...so his kids lost (if they did actually lose it, which it doesn't seem like they did) a kayak. It's not like he pulled it out of the water and strapped it to the roof of his Toyota and drove off like, what? It's mine now, suckers!

I agree with mtgoat. Kids lose stuff, and it sounds to me like DK made attempts to right the situation. Didn't he say that he offered to pay for the kayak, but was refused? Seems like the owner had some other beef, especially considering the kayak was eventually found and returned.

Now, I know that there is some underlying animosity between y'all...but come on! Let bygones be bygones, and get back on topic.

Banditos ~ do they exist? Yes. Have I been privy to them? No. But I count my lucky stars because these things happen all over the world...even in my small town. An elderly couple was shot and killed in the WalMart parking lot not too long ago. A woman's estranged husband beheaded her new suitor in a jealous rage while my husband was on duty. Banditos will not keep me from enjoying Baja (or anywhere else for that matter).

Stories like these, that show the good and the bad just remind us, as travelers, as humans, to be aware of our surroundings and not be naive to the possibilities that exist (blissful or dangerous). Evil exists everywhere, even in Utopia...it's what you do with that knowledge that is important. Do you pretend it doesn't exist? No. Do you do your best and act/react accordingly? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? Hmmm...I hope so. Of course, Lionel does most of the driving...but we are both prepared to defend our family if need be.

I hope that we never encounter such a situation, but if we did, we certainly wouldn't ignore the incident and not report it to our fellow Nomads. That would be a great disservice! Now, let's not focus on the negative...that's what the media is for!!!!!

I agreed Michelle! It is best to be careful and not fearful where ever you are. And while I enjoy the people on this forum and their bantering...sometimes it get downright nasty...it is best to stay out of the way! :0)

Whenever I hear that rainy, chill wind blow. I think it may be time to head for Mexico. Tengo que obedecer mi corazon!
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 12:19 PM

OK, time for all of you to loosen up!

Drug Crazed Headhunters in Baja!
Lock up your children, dogs, and kayaks.

Away, away, to Baja over a decade ago. We (5 or so vehicles) camped 10 miles west of Calexico alongside the canal. The next day I sent the crew onward to Guadalupe Hot Springs while I stayed behind to fix a newly discovered broken spring leaf. This is their story:

Halfway down the dirt road south (it was in reasonable good shape then) they came across a Mexican couple with a dead car. Suffering from the usual male macho illusion that women admire men with big tools, they jumped out of their Toyotas, Jeeps and lesser vehicles and attacked the problem with tools in hand. The engine continued napping while nightfall crept over the Sierras. As deserts do, it grew cold. A bonfire was lit in the middle of the road to provide light and warmth and various incantations were tried on the engine, all to no avail. It sparked, it ate gas, it no ran.

Headlights approached from the north! Maybe they could help. The headlights stopped 100 yards away. The headlights abruptly changed into red taillights and quickly, very quickly, disappeared back into the north. Sigh, back to work. Someone’s brilliant idea of a slipped timing chain was accepted and the distributor was turned a little. Eureka! Suddenly it was a happy engine and everyone went on their way. It was surmised that the headlights from the north talked it over with the driver and determined the bonfire was a bandito roadblock. A few laughs and the machos went to sleep in Guadalupe Campground.

But….being good citizens, and in those innocent days, having no fear of their heads leaving their bodies, the people from the north notified the Army that Bad Gringos were abroad that night. So it came to pass that about darkthirty that night, some Army filled Hummers invaded the Campground and rousted my friends, the Bad Gringos. Who are you, what are you doing here, and uh, could I borrow your flashlight to check out the other people? The next to be questioned, my best friend, had a thing about bean burritos and was asleep in a truck with a shell. With a stern face, and an unloaded AK-47, Corporal X lifted the back window and almost fell backwards with a scream of “Malo Viento! The dropped window fell into position never to be opened again. The next man approached, never quite woke up, and when asked if he had any weapons by a soldier holding a 45, replied - Yeah, yeah, I have a gun too, go away. While this is not a recommended answer, he claimed no memory of the incident the next morning and could find no bullet wounds.
Having rather flexible morals (ask any of my WiW’s), I’m not sure what the moral of this true story is, but there is one thing you can be sure of, I’m a man you can trust. Amen

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 12:28 PM

Sooo.....Where is that kayak today? :lol::lol::lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 01:00 PM

on with the drivel!

what was the topic anyways?

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2010 at 06:16 PM

:?::?::?::?:
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Former Nomad 'Roberto' (years ago) started posting false things about me on another Baja forum, which I countered with truth/ facts.

One of those accusations was that my kids let one of Doc's rental kayaks (at Camp Gecko) get away... Roberto was relentless in keeping this fabrication alive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rented a kayak (and yes, I payed for it) and when my kids were done with it, it was returned to the same place where we picked it up (I was there)... Later on, some other kid(s) took that kayak out ad didn't pull it up above the high tide line... what we were told.

Doc found the kayak later, down the bay and towed it back...

After Roberto statred the bs story about my children being the ones who let it float away, I contacted Doc and asked him how that story was started. Doc told me that for him, the issue was over, he had the kayak, case closed... He was not going to say anything bad about Robero (a renter at Gecko then, or me, a frequent customer/ promoter of Gecko).

Like with jdtrotter (Diana T), I have tried to make peace with Roberto... There are just some people who don't seem to want to be nice, and get their jollies picking on others on the Internet... ?

I want us all to get along, have some fun and enjoy Baja... I am always here to help others... I hope that Diana and others will someday mature enough to stop this petty war and resolve to have fun here without the personal attacks.

You may have noted that I am helping woody with info. on Gonzaga Bay... I don't hold grudges... Perhaps he will see that helping someone on Nomad enjoy a special place does not ruin it... It will be good roads that can 'ruin' a place. :light:

Boy, that sure sounds like an attack to me - and after I haven't been on the board for two years! Pretty clear what you mean about having fun without the personal attacks. Always persecuted aren't, you? :lol::lol:

As far as accusing me of lying, David, I'm guessing you feel comfortable doing that from behind a computer monitor. Why don't you put your money where your sewer mouth is and do it face-to-face? I'll take pictures and report back.

You have no honor or integrity David. Quite a legacy you'll leave behind.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 08:47 AM

Hey, Roberto..Good to see you. It's a shame you have to reappear just to defend yourself.
Glad you did though.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 09:02 AM
the plot thickens....

Roberto

we have a bet, also! something about coming bumper to bumper on a single track with our hero. a picture is also required to win!!!:tumble:

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.