Pages:  1  ..  5    7  
Author: Subject: marlin marlin marlin
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Collector
That FISH was dead, it was brought in for food for the area. NOT killed for a picture, guess we could have just dumped it overboard and let other fish eat it...Taken over 10 yrs ago..

YES, there are two with our same name, but this is ours......

I wasn't going to asnwer any more but needed to for this..

The Marlin bajablanca posted were also smoked for food.

Dead or not, the Marlin pictured with you and your family(?) looks an awful lot like a trophy photograph to me...

and you look like a hypocrite. :no:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 10:27 AM

Blanca,
A few years back I posted a picture of a marlin with three very happy fishermen --- one of our local fishing guides and some family. It was not hanging because there was no where to hang it, so they were just sitting next to it. They were really excited to catch one in Asuncion.

The poop hit the fan around this forum --- anger, judgement, etc. Ni modo. The fish was consumed, the fishermen were, surprised, thrilled and proud, and as their friend, I was happy for them. Since this was a rare catch, I think the marlin are quite safe from being over-fished in our area.

There should still be plenty of marlin around for the expensive fishing tournaments.

docvandijk

Mood: Vitir y dar vitir

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 11:38 AM

Excuse me. I'm new to this site and don't know if I'm on the right page. I was looking for fishing info. This looks like a page for getting your penis measured.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by docvandijk
Excuse me. I'm new to this site and don't know if I'm on the right page. I was looking for fishing info. This looks like a page for getting your penis measured.

:lol::lol::lol:

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 12:14 PM

oh boy....are we ever going to enjoy THIS newbies posts...har har har

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 12:46 PM

Everybody always gets P O'd because the recreational fisherman catches a marlin and keeps it, most of those people are the "Elite tournament holy'er than thou crowd" and their more worried there won't be that marlin worth $1,000,000 to them at the Bisbees tournament. Anybody that is really concerned about the future of the species needs channel their energy towards the by catch in the commercial fishing industry and not the recreational fisherman that catches and EATS one occasionally. If the indiscrimate killing by the commercial fleets was stopped there would be an overabundance of marlin, sharks, tuna, turtles.....
I understand it's a lot easier to roast the recreational fisherman here on this board to try and get your point across but step up and get in the real fight if you are that passionate about saving billfish.

Live Indubiously!
ILikeMex
Nomad

Mood: Whishing I was there

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 04:49 PM

As long as we are offering penis jokes,

Quote:
That FISH was dead, it was brought in for food for the area. NOT killed for a picture, guess we could have just dumped it overboard and let other fish eat it...Taken over 10 yrs ago..

What a dick!
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ILikeMex
As long as we are offering penis jokes,

Quote:

What a dick!

Well said!!:lol:

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 05:04 PM
straight up !!

Quote:
If the indiscrimate killing by the commercial fleets was stopped there would be an overabundance of marlin, sharks, tuna, turtles.....
I understand it's a lot easier to roast the recreational fisherman here on this board to try and get your point across but step up and get in the real fight if you are that passionate about saving billfish.
WELL SAID AND WELCOME DOCVAND:< YOU WALKED INTO A UHH,,,NEVER MIND,,WELCOME !! MOST FOLKS DONT KNOW WHAT THECOMMERCIAL FLEETS ARE DOING TO ARE OCEANS !!ITS F-ING CRIME ON THE SEA AND OCEANS AND THATS WHERE THE REAL FIGHT NEEDS TO BE FOCUSED ON !! K&W:cool:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 05:10 PM

Quote:

to which i say, yours looks EXACTLY like a penis, only smaller!

:lol:

nothing personal, just a chance to make a funny, har har!

docvandijk

Mood: Vitir y dar vitir

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:

Nice to know there is a local expert.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 06:58 PM

well, hello again everyone ! I thought I would post the BACK of Les's fishing license:

I did get a U2U from BILL COLLECTOR

Bill Collector is a she, BTW

and she still thinks the Mexican law is that it is one marlin per boat and not per license or fisherperson, that is why I am posting the above.

I would like to say THANKS to all of you who have posted clear concise nonjudgemental points of view. and those of you who have made me laugh out loud ....THANKS !

We are missing some folks on this thread ... Dennis ??? please say somethin !!! Roger/Pompano ??? What say thee ? Are you not out of the hospital yet ? We need your words of wisdom, no post is complete without you ! We can wait ... but be fast !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 07:00 PM

my gosh... I super sized those photos ! what the heck ??? photobucket has me trying their new format and I guess I goofed. If it is too BIG for your monitors, let me know and I will reconfigure them.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

Bill Collector is a she, BTW

and she still thinks the Mexican law is that it is one marlin per boat and not per license or fisherperson, that is why I am posting the above.

Well that would explain why "bill collector" never "manned" up or apologized!!:lol::lol::lol:

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 07:37 PM

Still amazed that Bill Collector and others have not acknowledged the error of his/her interpretation of the law, despite requests to document his/her interpretation from an organ of the Mexican government, NOT SOME ELITIST TOURNAMENT RULES. It is very clear. ONE PER ANGLER.

Regardless of ethics, legally it is ONE PER ANGLER. I suspect the anglers pictured dont frequent websites where the ETHICS of this are an issue.

I dont take marlin but I have to admit, there seems to be no shortage of them in the Sea, even if this was outside the Sea. These creatures range tremendously.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:03 PM

Mexican hunting regulations say you can have 120 dove in your possession, too. I wonder the reaction if there was a picture of three hunters with 360 dead doves on a table. Just saying.....:?::?::?:

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:04 PM

Hello Blanca and congrats on the good fishing down your way.........First yes the catch if totally LEGAL.......Do I encourage catch and release of Marlin? I sure do but there is nothing wrong with keeping one now and then.........

And yes what we should be worried about is the commercial fishing, thats what is going to kill this sport for future generations........
Heck as you know La Bocana and other coops in the area are still gill netting the area which in my opinion(and many others) are hurting some of the local fish populations.
I've watched with my own eyes over and over again all the fish unloaded from the Gill Net pangas.

Derek
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:

Nice to know there is a local expert.

Well now that we know that Bill Collector is an angry, elitist female, it puts things into perspective. Shame Shame Shame.:fire::O:fire::fire:

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LosCabosbound

No apology coming from my for my comment... I never mentioned anything about legalities, only that 3 marlin should not be strung up. The one that she posted the day before was justifiable as the fishes stomach came out, but the three the next day is dead wrong.

Actually that is a fairly common occurence with billfish, when caught they try to escape with jumping and thrashing about on the surface of the water. If that does not work, they will purge their stomachs in an attempt to get rid of whatever is causing them the problem. When reviving the fish by pulling it in the water with your boat, you can watch the stomach return to normal.

baja09

[*] posted on 9-28-2012 at 08:48 PM
Marlin

Pescador...you are so right , by the way if they dont suck it back in, you can push it back in with your hand and arm up to your shoulder,and they just swim away as if nothing has happened...I know because I have done it a few times here in so cal...at Catalina .........

A+P......... PILOT........Baja Sur Lover
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.