Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9
Author: Subject: BUMMER AT BAJA CACTUS!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Maybe it is just too much drama here...

The drama isn't here, David. It's at his business.
Whatever..........he would have to be in a coma to not know what's happening here.
He doesn't care....why should anyone else?
ADIOS
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 06:45 PM

+10

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 08:01 PM

Ah the Drama of Jardines

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:16 PM

Same for us in April. LATE.. Some times you have no control of your drive time to get there. For me it is 13 hours. Stuff happens. I have stayed there many times. I make my reservation a few weeks before we head down , and dam some times it takes a little longer to get there. Ok they, [ daughter] had a new baby and they where not sleeping.. NOT my problem. Got my ass chewed out and told not to let it happen again... " Again" , I don't think I am staying there..... Really, that's how you treat your customers ?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:28 PM

We arrived once at 2:45 (with reservations). Our kids were young...maybe 9 months and just under three years of age. One needed a diaper change so we were eager to check into our room. We got the key and when we arrived at our room they were repairing the door. We asked how long it would take to repair and were told maybe half an hour. We noted there were plenty of empty rooms and asked the front desk if we could have another room. They said no and said they couldn't deviate from the assigned rooms. We asked for a refund and drove on....Antonio supported his staff's decision stating rooms are not available until 3 pm.....:mad:

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:32 PM

Seems like good customer service and an addition out back would be a good business decision. Then tear down the old rooms and build some more new rooms. Then have an american guy with a gas can checking the measurements for each customer at the gas station next door and heck, we'd be in heaven. =)

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Whatever..........he would have to be in a coma to not know what's happening here.
ADIOS

There is nothing of significance happening here, Dennis.

We have a disgruntled traveler that's upset for showing up late and not getting a room, getting even with management for the 'mistreatment' by besmirching their reputation.

This thread is mostly about vengeance, not public service.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:53 PM

Viva Baja! :cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 09:59 PM

what a concept...just booked a room at Villa San Quintin for Memorial Weekend. I used a guaranteed reservation with my credit card...oh my....I didn't even have to make a phone call.....:light:

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

ADIOS

There is nothing of significance happening here, Dennis.

We have a disgruntled traveler that's upset for showing up late and not getting a room, getting even with management for the 'mistreatment' by besmirching their reputation.

This thread is mostly about vengeance, not public service.

Looks like a lot more than one disgruntled traveler skipjack.....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:11 PM

It worked well for her, didn't it?
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
It worked well for her, didn't it?

Indeed....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:19 PM

seven pages??????????

We are talking about a motel in a gas station parking lot. Credit to DK for helping build the successful business it has.

Ken
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:28 PM

Drama ???

I just wish I had been there when Shari's car got tree poop on it....

now, THAT would have been some drama :lol::lol:

I enjoyed the goats in Ed's back yard at Baja's Best....a lower key form of drama. But clearing all the pillows off my bed at B's Best kicked the drama up a notch....where to put them all???

I will try Baja Cactus next time down....and will try to not pout if I get turned away....

Don't believe everything you think....
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2013 at 10:36 PM

Years ago a friend of mine applied for an oil exploration job in Africa with Shell Oil. They turned him down and he vowed to never buy gas at a Shell gas station after that.

Who do you think suffered more from this decision, Shell or my buddy?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2013 at 08:18 AM

I doubt any of this is really going to hurt the business of Baja Cactus. They have a loyal following and believe it or not, not all who travel or live in Baja belong to Nomads! They also seem to have a good business from the traveling vendors. I hope he continues to do a good business, and he will.

On the other hand, I think it is good, when people post both their positive and their negative experiences at accommodations. So many we have met along the way will post about the positive, but when they have a very negative experience at places, especially rather popular places, they remain quiet. That leaves the next visitor, if they read this forum, rather unprepared for what may or may not be a one time experience. Following the old rule of silence unless it is positive can keep a place substandard as the owner may think everyone is just fine with situation.

It is all about experience and it often is different for different people. If the circumstances were there, we would stay at Baja Cactus again, maybe. But for now, we prefer to wake up and enjoy either the beautiful gardens at Jardines, or the ocean front at the Santa Maria and staffs with a great attitude.

And yes, drama is in the eye of the beholder, or the quote was something like that. :biggrin:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2013 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Years ago a friend of mine applied for an oil exploration job in Africa with Shell Oil. They turned him down and he vowed to never buy gas at a Shell gas station after that.

Who do you think suffered more from this decision, Shell or my buddy?

It's all about self respect. Being a voluntary victim...allowing, even encouraging by tacit acceptance, this type of rude behavior in a customer service setting [Baja Cactus], is unacceptable.
To forgive it is to condone it.
Your friend, Igor, possibly understood this, so I say he was the hands down winner. In the mornings while looking in the bathroom mirror, he'll see a stand-up, self respecting individual looking back, instead of a tired old doormat.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2013 at 09:27 AM

Drama or not, I like reading about people's experiences; that's the only reason I even check this forum (road conditions, restaurants and hotels). We learned about Jardines from this forum and for that I'm grateful (never would have known about it otherwise). Although Diana is right (not all Baja travelers read this forum), we have a pretty good information network and as a business owner I'd want to keep a core group like this happy. Interesting that Antonio doesn't see it that way, but to each his own.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2013 at 11:40 AM

I think the employment pool is probably slim in El Rosario.

Not everyone in the service industry in Baja, and at Baja Cactus, share in a customer's complaint about losing a room with late arrival, with or without a credit card to hold it.

If the front desk is having attitudes, Antonio's reprimand might be: hey, try to have a better attitude.

And, hey, there's always Tourista and Baja's Best. So what's the problem?

It's best not to be attached to this kind of stuff in Baja and be flexible in expectations.

Kinda like my expectation of not having a bloody stain on my mattress at Cowboy motel in GN. Looking back, not a big deal but it was at the time.
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 5-14-2013 at 12:17 PM

Way off topic, but I just remembered why I go to baja. It looks like this

No worries
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.