BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12
Author: Subject: Hwy. 5 pavement south of Gonzaga Bay Reports (2007 to 2016 added)
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 11:12 AM

Again I ask (deference to thread drift given) -

Why is man's existence on earth considered "abnormal" and not just a part of the earth's natural process of evolution over 5 billion years?

Dinosaur flatulence aside.

Somebody once said quite accurately- "follow the money"!

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 11:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

Why is man's existence on earth considered "abnormal" and not just a part of the earth's natural process of evolution over 5 billion years?

Somebody once said quite accurately- "follow the money"!
So you are saying our destiny is already chosen?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 12:30 PM

Nothing in the future is set in stone... only the past...

The climate is not changing faster in our lifetime. Just go over historic records and read of extremes that happened 50-100+ years ago that we may or may not break records of the rest of our life.

The sea level is unchanged the past 60 years as we can see from photographs taken of the same spot, on a beach we all know.

The panic is unwarranted and doesn't do anything but make you stressed, worried or poorer... unless you are a government employee or run a carbon unit scam company taking the money!

Climate changes, it always has, perhaps not enough to affect your life, but maybe it will...? DEAL with it; move, buy a coat, a swimsuit, whatever. Animals adapt or perish. What are you going to do, adapt or perish?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

wow ... you really are just not getting it, that time and again you throw this question out and get the answer.
what's the bet that a few months from now you'll throw it out again !?
just wow

https://www.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/311m7d/collapse_d...

[Edited on 11-29-2015 by bezzell]
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Nothing in the future is set in stone... only the past...

The climate is not changing faster in our lifetime. Just go over historic records and read of extremes that happened 50-100+ years ago that we may or may not break records of the rest of our life.

:lol::lol:
a textbook example of human suffering from the human condition: 'deal with the present and immediate future, based on the immediate past'.

For some, as long as you can jump in the Toy and drive to the end of the block to pick up that Double-double cheeseburger w/ fries and the extra onion rings for you and the obese partner ... 'climate change' is just a hoax.

ni modo

these geniuses can't even grasp that it's the RATE of change (as prev explained) and not change itself. ni modo
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 12:49 PM

What are any of you doing to affect climate change in a positive manner.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 12:53 PM

Now wait a minute. They are adapting.

It used to be..and still is for some, there is no change. nothing is getting warmer and the oceans are not rising. Now the denier buzz word is "normal". They even define normal as unrecorded history, as if they can dream it up somehow.

And for some it does not matter because somehow this is destiny or nature will fix it.

Maybe its called "new science"?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 01:03 PM

Will it effect the rate at which Hiway 5 is finished to Hiway 1?The rising water may wash fill over the rocks before the 1st of the year? Amazing...any time DK starts up with his bullchit people fall for it and any semblance of sanity in a thread is lost.....

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 01:19 PM
R.I.P. Highway 5 south of Gonzoga thread!

You had some great info, and photos! Sadly, most of the info is outdated, or buried under piles of off topic excrement.

I would love to see a new thread ABOUT THE ROAD, that is current and non political. I am still trying to make the trip this winter, so I keep checking back for updates, but there is so much B.S. lately that I grit my teeth every time this gets bumped.

[Edited on 11-29-2015 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 02:05 PM

WOW Interesting list by bezzell. Lots of "facts" but no underlying evidence even in the Scientific American article shown
If you want to talk about the causes of rhino, lion or elephant (elephant only in some areas of Africa) decline in Africa and you are willing to listen to a valid opinion I'm willing to talk about it even in PM. I do have some experience there. It has nothing to do with "climate change" (the NEW "climate warming" as the old definition didn't fit the current facts).
The thrust of the citations in the voluminous listing provided implies that if mankind were to drop dead today the world would be better off???

Here is another "Scientific American" article of a different bent than "the sky is falling" as so many "believers" profess-

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-wil...

There are voices on both sides of the argument, many of which are well founded by educated authors, BUT, at the same time, it has been said that- "if you can't rebutt with facts then attack the messenger".

In the end, no comment or answer on my question of whether or not mankind should be considered "a natural process of the earth's history"

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
What are any of you doing to affect climate change in a positive manner.

Renewables of course !! ;D

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/21/renewable_energy_sim...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
You had some great info, and photos! Sadly, most of the info is outdated, or buried under piles of off topic excrement.

I would love to see a new thread ABOUT THE ROAD, that is current and non political. I am still trying to make the trip this winter, so I keep checking back for updates, but there is so much B.S. lately that I grit my teeth every time this gets bumped.

Any body with fresh information or photos, please consider starting your own report.

This is an 11 month old thread. There are more and newer Hwy. 5 threads. This one has morphed!

EDIT: Here's some from last month:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=80533

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=80532

Here's one from two months ago:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=80090

My photo and map filled personal report posted 3 months ago of my late July trips over the road: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=79774

[Edited on 11-29-2015 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Interesting who gets worked-up because I use real science (observations) and not some wild predictions of what has not happened, but might 30-100 years from now (long after the provider of the fantasy prediction is gone or forgotten).

Your insular approach just is so wrong. There are thousands of scientists from many nations that do believe that climate change is real.

You do realize that 2015 is stacking up to be the hottest year since records have been taken??

Hate to even go there, but I have to wonder if you are one of the end timers.

Just so many folks that are waiting for the return of Jesus that they don't give a holy crap about earth.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:10 PM

Do you not read what I post to which you must comment, or just presume things about me?

I made it vert clear what I think (as if it matters): The climate does change, and always has.

Time doesn't end... this thread is proof of that.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:20 PM

I believe these are the statements that lack scientific justification or even common sense.

"That the rate of these natural changes in climate or sea level can be ALTERED by man or by government raising taxes is not even good science. Man is not greater than Nature or God. Sure we can mess things up, but all get fixed NATURALLY, usually in short order.

4) That the change in sea level will suddenly change from an inch or so every hundred years to several feet is also phoney science used to spread fear and justify a loss of freedom and increase in taxes."

How can we NOT alter our environment DK?? How did you transition to loss of freedoms" what freedoms have your lost?
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 05:54 AM

What happened to Hwy 5 ?? :?:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 07:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
What happened to Hwy 5 ?? :?:

Highway 5?? What about it? If they used all the azz-fault spread around on this thread alone they'd already have it paved and 4-lane by now.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 08:45 AM

People just aren't getting the word....DK, The chubby Oaf, clearly stated that he has morphed this thread into something HE wants to talk about, and gave a list of other threads to get info on Hiway 5...What a guy? always helpful...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 09:42 AM

I stated that? I don't need to make things up, there is always plenty of fun Baja topics to talk about here... Plus, I am busy writing the new book. Just what motivates you chuckie? Do you have a diet plan that you want to suggest? I would love to shed 30 lbs. Thank you for your help!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 10:34 AM

Read what you posted on 11/29/2015....As to your losing weight? Try keeping your mouth shut....would possibly help with global warming as well...

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.