BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8
Author: Subject: Mexico reaffirms gay marriages. Not hard to be more enlightened than California.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2010 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Also, how do you mean ''keep it out of my face?''

Like, on TV? Or do you mean at a Pride Fest?

TV is close enough for me. I have no business at a pride anything. The government can tell me what I have to put up with, but they won't tell what I have to agree with.
It's a personal thing that I usually keep to myself. I have no axes to grind.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-22-2010 at 08:29 PM
Beware

AND avoid ANYONE who seems to have TOO much knowledge of those Queer Fests.

IF unavoidable to be around, be careful not to turn your back.
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2010 at 10:53 PM

Can't we all just watch Project Runway and get along?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 10:58 AM

Pompanos post was interesting because there are thing there that almost anyone can agree.

It was also a pretty clear picture of much of the ********** spin on things, whether true or not.

It would be easy to counter every one of the I am tireds with a completely different take---

But, even with that, still have not seen one rational argument against granting civil rights to the gay community.

And the argument of unintended consequences is one of those stawman aruguments. Of course there might be unintended consequences, there alway are. For instance, when women were granted the right to not be discriminated against financially, there was the unintended consequence of inflation, especially in the housing market as more people qualified for home loans (the woman's income used to not be counted even if she was the sole wage earner) The rise in home prices hurt some, so should these civil rights be taken away from woman?

Still would like to see ANY rational reason for denying gays the right to marry.

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by BajaNomad]

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 12:16 PM
Let's tell it like it is

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Still would like to see ANY rational reason for denying gays the right to marry.

I grew up in San Francisco. If you didn't know someone who was gay, you had to be a hermit or monk. Even San Francisco is divided on gay issues but the gays have a strong political machine working for them. Half the City is blue collar conservative. Hate Crimes still take place.

Reasons conservatives don't want marriage rights for gays:

1. Gay marriage would devalue the ''sanctity'' of marriage (for het couples).

2. God intended marriage only for procreation and that can only take place between a a male/female.

3. If gays married, everyone would want to be like them.

4. Gays/lesbians are perverted and a ''abomination.'' That means they are not of sound mind.

5. If gays married, they'd end up marrying goats, sheep, and their dogs. That would be morally wrong.

6. Gay sex is a moot point: what do women do anyway? And men? Can't even go there.

7. Since the conservative element wanting to deny gay marriage and accompanying rights are too conservative to ''appreciate'' diversity, anything different from conservative, christian values would be irrelevant.

8. Gays (homos) are pedophiles and are only interested in ''converting'' children to their lifestyle.

9. The gay lifestyle is disgusting to look at, much less contemplate. Conservatives are not interested in looking at anything gay related and are not interested in rights for anyone who isn't heterosexual, ''straight'' in appearance, and ''fits in.''

10. Lesbians do not NEED men, and many do not like or tolerate men. What's in it for men?

11. Men, generally, do not like any women who aren't feminine and submissive, esp. in the bedroom. That rules out all lesbians.

12. Gay men are only interested in indiscriminate and anonymous sex. Clearly a deviant and corrupt behavior.

13. Gays choose a flamboyant lifestyle. They would show up most het couples and that would be wrong.

14. Het men would be threatened by any gay man finding them attractive. Totally unacceptable.

More?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 12:31 PM
The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants

"The heart wants what the heart wants," said Woody Allen in justifying his affair with Mia Farrow's adopted daughter.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 12:39 PM

Believe they can be currently married both civilly and within churches ... however.. reoccurring theme of "civil rights" as couched within your and many others argument ... are not really telling the true point of this drill.... MONEY .... presently this is the situation for survivors of a "gay" marriage as viewed by YOUR GOVERNMENT and the three points have nothing to do with civil rights... rather MONEY... who get the "money" and/or "assets" of the "marriage"...

1. Denied the Social Security survivor benefits that are made available to all married couples;

2. Heavily taxed on any retirement plan – 401(k) or IRA – they inherit from their partners, although married spouses can inherit these plans tax-free; and

3. Charged an estate tax on the inheritance of a home, even if it was jointly owned – a tax that would not apply to married spouses.

And if you think this is not the issue, change the current law so that ALL spouses in a “recognized marriage” will loose the monies from the three items outlined above and lets see what happens….

If folks would be a bit more honest, perhaps.. all this Blah, Blah, Blah would drop off pretty fast...

"the pump don't work cuz the vandals took the handle"

:):)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

10. Lesbians do not NEED men, and many do not like or tolerate men.

Gosh, Lee....You make it sound like Muslims and Infidels. Now I'm going to have nightmares about Rosie O'Donnell.
Oh...yeah....I already do. :barf::barf::barf:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 12:47 PM

Maybe they should all be rounded up and taken by train to Manzanar. There must be a little wedding chapel in there somewhere. :lol:

I'm getting in the mood for some mindless gay-bashing. Anybody want to join me? It's our right, ya know. I'd hate it if someone told me I couldn't excercise my rights.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 02:27 PM
Queerly Unabashed

They are difficult to Bash.

If you were to say "Shove it up YourAss", they'd say "been there, done that".
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

There use to be a truck around the corner from me that had a sticker on it that said ["cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"].

I have no ideal if it was a man or woman who drove the truck.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 03:29 PM

Gonna give Lee a pass on that list, considering it must be tongue in cheek. The items are either irrelevant, spurious, or clash with constitutional provisions, especially those connected to religious dogma.

Interesting to see that died in the wool homophobic Mr. Bile hanging around this thread, as he usually concentrates spewing his hate and racism in off-topic.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Gonna give Lee a pass on that list, considering it must be tongue in cheek. The items are either irrelevant, spurious, or clash with constitutional provisions, especially those connected to religious dogma.

But I think he covered every argument I have ever heard against gay marriage. Great list, Lee---it really says it all.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 05:37 PM

bag of hammers

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
bag of hammers

tis good you keep up on the more modern insults.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

puzzled.gif posted on 8-23-2010 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

Interesting to see that died in the wool homophobic Mr. Bile hanging around this thread, as he usually concentrates spewing his hate and racism in off-topic.

I am guessing that Lee's list contain the stereotypical, ignorant beliefs that Wing Nuts espouse, rather than originating from him.

Lee needs to be clear about this. Otherwise it represents his own belief system. I can't believe that it does. Although a moderate conservative, Lee has shown some good sense through the years here. He did indeed hit all the those dumb buttons but I have to believe Lee is smarter than that. Say it isn't so, Lee!:?::o

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
bag of hammers

tis good you keep up on the more modern insults.

good that your current too

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 09:29 PM
Getting it STRAIGHT ?

Means supporting the ANALysts ?

No Thanks.

It's actually too bad that the whole AIDS thing didn't work out better.

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by MrBillM]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

There use to be a truck around the corner from me that had a sticker on it that said ["cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"].

I have no ideal if it was a man or woman who drove the truck.

Hey....I didn't say that.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 09:14 AM
Cutting the Lesbians some slack

Except the ones who find Rosie attractive. They're obviously BADLY disturbed .

Paul Newman's character in "Slap-Shot" pretty well described the conflict felt regarding Male Fags v. Lesbos. After all, the Lezzies aren't doing anything to a woman that guys wouldn't like to. As far as we know. The Male Queers are a different story. That Anal-Probing along with the "Tea-Bagging" is Pretty STRANGE.

One thing I've always been curious about was the Lezzie rejection of Male Intercourse coupled with their fascination and enthusiastic use of Over-Sized imitation male Phalli. It seems odd.

Have there been any studies done regarding percentages and motivations ? Dildo- Riders as a percentage of the total versus those who are strictly Lap-Lickers ?

Perhaps (as so often said by the Libs) IF we understood their aberrations better, there would be a greater coming-together.

OK, they don't want to COME Together with us, but you know what I mean.

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by MrBillM]
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.