BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10
Author: Subject: going to Guerrero Negro...should be an eventful trip!
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:25 PM

Welcome Izaak! Congratulations Mom & Dad!

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:34 PM
HERE'S IZAAK !

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
This just in...

Shari says,
"Yes Please Post the Pictures, Thank You." Stop.
"I've been kinda busy." Stop.
"I was just about to post on Nomad after Facebook, but Sirena called me to help her take a bath." Stop.

Hi, Gang. Its Maria. I just spoke with Shari on the phone. She asked me to post a picture of Baby Izaak for her on Nomad. I mentioned that one had already and she was happy as... well, happy as a new grandmama! So yes, please stick that picture back up of beautiful Baby Izaak, David, with our Shari and Sirena's blessings and personal request-- that one and any of the others she managed to send out so far!

Shari wants to let everybody know that Izaak is fine, he's healthy and big and only poops when she comes around, never Adrian or Juan (its a guy thing, i dunno).

Sirena is better this evening, in stable condition and will remain in-hospital for a few more days with her baby and family by her side.

Both Shari and Sirena expressed their personal gratitude and happiness in the love and support the Baja Nomad Family is giving them!

"Love is All You Need....love is all you need........." and we got it!

Thank you... I figured that was the case......

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:36 PM

God bless him, mommy, and daddy. Felicidades !!!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:37 PM

Here is my daughter's Facebook message when I told her about the new baby:

And dad she had her baby huh... Tell them congrats when u speak ta them.. And its been raining all day in oceanside. Im all wet. :(.. at lease my baby is warm and dry.. :)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:41 PM

Whew! Now we can all breathe.:D

Congratulations Sirenita and all your family!

Welcome, Baby Isaak!:bounce:

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:42 PM

Wow! Thanks David! I'd like to know how they got a pic. with him awake! He's so cute! Look at those finger nails :O

Congrats. again to the family, you've got a keeper!

Mean people suck!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:46 PM

Welcome to the world, Izaac !!
Our Zack is thrilled but thinks you spelled it wrong; his name is Zackary Isaac.
Congratulations to mom and dad and gramma and papa !!
Our best wishes to Sirena on a speedy recovery.
Love to you all !!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:52 PM

Can we call him Izzy?

http://www.hctc.commnet.edu/artmuseum/exhibits/2004/izzy-pla...

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by DENNIS]
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 08:59 PM
Bienvenido Izaak!!!

frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 09:03 PM

Congratulations Serenita and Adrian, Abuelito Shari y Abuelo Juan!!
He is one big beautiful boy!!! Muy hermoso!!
You must all be on cloud nine!! I'm so happy for you all!
Sharrone
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 09:23 PM

Congratulations to all beautiful baby!
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 09:39 PM

Congratulations, Shari in the new arrival of your grand child. Good job Sirena, you will be a great mom like Shari... say hi to Juan.. hopping to go back to BA soon... I love that place...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Wow!... I'd like to know how they got a pic. with him awake! He's so cute!... :O

Congrats. again to the family, you've got a keeper!
Awright, now that Shari's made her unofficial press release I can speak a little... talk about what's been goin' on backstage.

Three weeks ago Sirena left Asuncion to be close to the hospital in Guerrero Negro. She stayed with her family there, but after a couple weeks she wanted her own mama to be near her, so Juan fired up the truck, washed off the dust and off Shari went to stay in the Cowboy Motel, mother and daughter to wait it out together.

Shari called me last Friday night at 2 in the morning all excited, "Its started! They've started! The contractions have started and Sirena's in the hospital! I'll call you in the morning, bye!" Slam!
Oh, and then about 5 minutes later a text message, "Sorry I woke you up! Love, Shari".
Well, I was awake by then, fer sure, no worries just happy excitement.

Then the tick,tick,tick waiting game began... and it evolved as Shari & Sirena reported.

Well, Shari called me at 3 minutes past midnight last night. I was sitting outside at her house wrapped in a blanket and listening to the waves hit the rocks down below the cliffs, totally wired and dialed in 'cause I knew the baby was due.

She was over the moon excited and giggly to announce the baby was born "just right now" and "he's sooo big" and "he came out sooo totally alert, looking around like he knew exactly what was going on right from the first breath!"

She says Adrian and Juan have been great.

Adrian has kept the Tidepool Bistro open as long as he could, then dashed up to Sirena's side as it became apparent that Izaak was coming soon. He's been right by her side, supporting his lady all the way. Everyone'll welcome the grand re-opening of the Tidepool very soon with the special addition of Baby Izaak on-staff.

Juan's been commuting back and forth between the hospital and Asuncion, some 2 hours each way. He's working the Cooperativa right now, diving for caracol at 6 each morning, then dash in, clean up and dash out to Guerrero, smiling all the while, his dogs Shami and Nescafe jumping up into the back of the truck for the long haul back.

And Shari, well what can I say that we don't already know? She's totally off the charts awesome. A great person, a wonderful mother and friend to Sirena. She's gonna redefine what being a grandmama is all about, I'll just betcha!

Sirena, our young mother Sirena. We've watched her grow up, haven't we? From a young girl playing in the tidepools, to an intelligent articulate college gal who posted thoughtful commentary in the Teen Scene on Baja Nomad. Now we've seen her become a mother, another fine mother among mothers here in Baja. Her role as a modern woman and parent will be pivotal in the future of this land's peoples.

I'll tell you what, Nomads, this is one great family.
We're all so lucky to be a part of life with them, yes?

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by Mulegena]

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 10:05 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our new beach buddy is here!
We'll be catching food for the Tide Pool in no time!

Best Wishes from Erin & Mister :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-30-2010 at 11:40 PM

Hi everybody...I am sorry to keep you all on pins & cactus spines but the last 24 hours has been....gosh words cannot describe what we all went through. I havent been able to leave sirena's bedside so wasnt able to get around to posting till tonight..I'm just beginning to process the birth now and am exhausted, relieved, totally in love with Izaak, thankful for all our family & friends who have been at our side literally & figuratively and just feel so fortunate and blessed to have a daugher like sirenita...to tell you the truth, we came very close to losing her and I'm pretty emotionally drained from this. I had never even heard of preeclempsia...sheesh... I cant really write about what happened as the tears keep falling on the keyboard and things are just too raw to talk about it...but she seems to be recuperating well now but needs to be strictly monitored.

Izaak is the pride of the hospital...the nurses parade him around, take pictures of him with their phones etc...el guerito. He is loud and proud, alert, wise beyond his age....hahaha...a real lady slayer!!!! there have been non stop visitors all day...izaak is gonna be one popular baby!!!

so I'm gonna get some sleep now hopefully ...Adrian is on the night shift with Sirena & baby and sirena seems pretty stable tonight.

I have some really funny fotos and promise an album soon...darn hospital room doesnt have wifi...but for now, here is the star of the show...she's gonna hate that nice hair thingy!!!
(by the way...no problema David posting Izaak's pic

sire & izaak-1.jpg - 49kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 03:48 AM

Congratulations Sirena, Adrian and grandparents.;D
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 04:45 AM

Beautiful little Izaac. Shari please pass on to Sirena and Adrian how very happy we are for them. Hope her recovery is speedy. You had us all worried.

Mulegena thank you for being there for Shari. You're the best!

What a great day :biggrin:

Barb
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 04:53 AM

midwifery...
seems to me i'd let the trained pros - i.e. physicians, do what they do best and that be consider all outcomes and direct coursing based on that.

if they thought a C section to be best for all then that's the direction to take, no?

what does a mid wife do when things get dicey? i dunno except that if they are not LPNs or RNs or NPs or even PAs they can get stuck - it is a nobel approach when there is no local hospital - but they were IN a hospital right?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 05:53 AM

very nice!. all of our best wishes. that is one beautiful mom and baby foto!!!!

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 06:21 AM

Shari, so happy that Sirena is ok now, that must have been a horrid experience.

That is the most beautiful momma, and baby picture ever, I want to rush down right now, and pamper that momma and baby! Sending all our love, all our wishes, and all our hugs and kisses to Sirena's way.

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.