Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  12
Author: Subject: Road Block Bandits
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
... the drama queens on Nomad are just having their normal feeding frenzy.

Oh, so good, David.
Have never heard anyone describe the idiotry on this forum as well as this statement!!!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back

Oh, so good, David.

I'm not a DK basher and David knows that, but he seems to enjoy the game, and in fact, seems to fan the fires of conflict. I get the impression he feels that negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Oh well...to each his own. I appreciate his contribution here.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back

Oh, so good, David.

I'm not a DK basher and David knows that, but he seems to enjoy the game, and in fact, seems to fan the fires of conflict. I get the impression he feels that negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Oh well...to each his own. I appreciate his contribution here.

No, no, no... I only want us all to have 'Positive Baja Attention', that's all... Focus on Baja, not on me. There are a few here that would rather play the Internet drama game from behind their keyboard, then to get on with life. Bringing up a story from 9 years ago about my children to keep the drama alive is pretty sad... don't you think? I have been going to Baja since I was a kid, and I plan on going until I die... so, I would not jeprodize my being welcome at a place I go to... including Camp Gecko, where friends have homes and we last stayed there the final year Doc operated it as a campground (2005).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 09:20 AM

Please announce when you are going to Gecko. I'll be sure not to be there.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 09:57 AM

well i don't know about the rest of you nomads but I learned a valuable lesson here.
that control and - + deal is pretty cool! thanks sharksbaja! :spingrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
well i don't know about the rest of you nomads but I learned a valuable lesson here.
that control and - + deal is pretty cool! thanks sharksbaja! :spingrin:

That is cool. You can do the same thing with the scroll thingy on your mouse while holding down Ctrl.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Please announce when you are going to Gecko. I'll be sure not to be there.

Why, who are you? Why would you say such a thing about a stranger? Baja is about good times and friendship to me...

Since Gecko is no longer a camping/ cabin rental place we would only go there to visit with one of our many friends who have a place there...

Ask Gecko Nomads like Bedman, Debra, 4baja, GeoRock, aha baja, etc. ... who actually know me from spending time with me and not reading 'hate posts' on the Internet. Ask neigbors of Gecko like Beach Bob, Paulina, Dern, Mary Ann Humfreville... all are friends or nice people who I get along with. Finally, ask Doc (Abraham)...

Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos is the motto here!

Here's Doc and I hiking up the tram line canyon towards San Juan (photo by my daughter):

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 11:09 AM

Why?
Because I don't want to hear Michael Savage and Lush Rimjob blasting from those cheap horn speakers mounted on top of your toyota.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Why?
Because I don't want to hear Michael Savage and Lush Rimjob blasting from those cheap horn speakers mounted on top of your toyota.

You got me confused with someone else, amigo! I don't have any speakers mounted on top of my Toyota... I don't listen to Savage or Rush in Mexico (didn't know they were on the radio down there) nor do I blast it to anyone in America. I have camped with The squarecircle a few times, and he puts on Cuban music when camping for a little while...?

So, politics is what makes you decide to not go camping at Gecko? In Baja, we only enjoy listening to the sounds of nature... ocean, birds, etc. Unless there is a race, then (for a little while) we enjoy the sound of raw horsepower!

See you in Baja... and leave your politics at home!

TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 11:40 AM

:!::yes::!:
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 11:04 AM

Everyone that drives in Mexico with others need to have this discussion about what you will do when faced with what you see as a dangerous situation on the road. I have had this discussion with my wife and believe me I know exactually what we will do, regardless of who's turn it is at the wheel. Unless it is a clearly idenified law enforcement vehicle with decal and proper uniform we are not stopping and we have made this decision after much discussion and thought. We do not want to let the scumbags make the decisions what happens to us if we stop and they get control of us. Can they shoot out our tires or windows, yea but at least we have a chance better than seeing your loved one wronged or killed in front of you. Note. we would do the same thing over here, no decal, no proper uniform we are not stopping especially when things are happening like they are in the areas of question. Loving an area is different from taking a correct action to protect your loved ones and yourself. I have been driving Mexico more years than I care to say,LOL, but it is what it is right now. Better to be damned if you do than dead if you don't!! Yes, we all have friends and some loved ones that live in Mexico but that does no change what is going on down there right now. Yes, we all make adult choices in going down into Mexico. Further, I have relatives that think and an openly say we are crazy for doing it right now. Yes, we have bad places in the U.S. but come on not with what is going on in Mexico right now. It's like we had at one in Chicago with the Mafia gangs openly killing people regardless of who was in the line of fire. That was a long time ago and this is now, so let's say it is dangerous at times but we choose to take that chance as it is not dangerous all the time,LOL. We all go down for whatever "rush or good feelings" it brings to us and those traveling with us. Again, "It Is What It Is," just accept it we are all crazy for the fun and enjoyment we seek when going into Mexico, LOL. Take care, remember also have your bajanomad sticker on your bumper if you want us to stop and help you , :lol::saint::yes: Take Care and Good Travels--bajafun777

ILikeMex
Nomad

Mood: Whishing I was there

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else.

But, I was not there to see it for myself, only heard about it from VERY reliable sources. Thus,

I won't comment any further,
I won't outright call you a liar or imply that you are a liar
I will not indicate that you really did not understand what was happening
I will not tell you that your perceptions of what happened are wrong

So please, do the same for others-----so many have asked this from you, and it does not seem to sink in.

I quoted myself as this was my point, the one I hoped he would understand. I would not defend nor dispute his story, his perceptions, etc.

Strange, by saying your not doing all these things, looks like you are doing it but don't want to take responsibility for saying it :?: Kinda a low blow
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 11:32 AM

I was going to stay out of this but, Diane's comment about "VERY reliable sources" I couldn't let go, sorry.........

I was camping with David and his kids when all this went down........I was STANDING RIGHT THERE when the disscussion between Abraham and David was had. It is as David said. So to all who rely on "reliable sources" I suggest that maybe you should reserve comment to what you see and hear for yourself.

Mean people suck!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
I was going to stay out of this but, Diane's comment about "VERY reliable sources" I couldn't let go, sorry.........

I was camping with David and his kids when all this went down........I was STANDING RIGHT THERE when the disscussion between Abraham and David was had. It is as David said. So to all who rely on "reliable sources" I suggest that maybe you should reserve comment to what you see and hear for yourself.

Exactly---please read what I wrote---I was not there so I would not comment on it---besides, DK is the one who decided to post the story, if you will notice, I did not tell the story---he did. I would not have told it in detail as I was not there.

I just want him to do the same thing for other people, including me. DK loves to comment on all situations where he was not there and does not know what happened. And in the process, he ends up calling people, including me, liars, or story tellers, on and on and on. DK calls it his responsibility to add what he calls fairness, truth and balance----but it is simply the trashing of other people.

After he made the really rude post on this thread directed toward me, and another thread yes, I set him up so maybe, just maybe just maybe he might think about what is is doing constantly. On the other thread, I asked him to please not do it and to just go away----I agreed to do the same on all of his threads.

Yes, even though I did not tell the story, yes, it was a low blow in response not only to his really rude remarks on this thread, but to his recent trashing of one of our experiences about which he knew nothing---he was not there, it happens over and over again. For the low blow, I will take responsibility. I knew it was a low blow.

DK contributes a lot of good information to this forum and he does have a number of friends---that is great. But if he continues to feel free to trash other people, their experiences, their perceptions, their opinions, then he will continue to be responsible for what comes his way.

When I alluded to reliable sources, the old story came from more than one person---but still, I was not there to see what happened, so I really don't know----just as he does not know what happens when he is not there. And frankly, I don't care what happened.

Is it tit-for tat? Well, maybe, or maybe it is just karma working---he cannot continue to trash other people and expect it to be accepted that he is the good guy who likes everyone and only wants peace and kindness. As someone else wrote, he is definitely a person of two faces. And he will continue to feel persecuted and take no responsibility for his own actions.

Tis good you defend your friend; as I said, I was not there.

Diane

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by DianaT]

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 12:29 PM

Perhaps I missed something? I did read this thread and no where did I see David "trash" anybody. Maybe you can point this out to me?

And I'm sorry I don't know how to use the quote funtion, but, you didn't "allude" to reliable sources, you said you had it "from very reliable sources" "Defending a friend" perhaps.....What I said was what I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears, since Abraham, David and I were the only ones there for the conversation, I again say that perhaps people should reserve their comments to what they see and hear for themselves, not "reliable sources".

Mean people suck!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 12:41 PM

Wilderone...........Raquel was killed at about 10am near Cativina, and it is just a rumor that it was a former employee.

Interesting that the person that was shot that soulpatch metiones (also a friend of mine) and Raquel were shot within a week of each other and He and Larry (Raquel's husband) report similar if not the same truck involved.

There are bandits.........

Mean people suck!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I missed something? I did read this thread and no where did I see David "trash" anybody. Maybe you can point this out to me?

And I'm sorry I don't know how to use the quote funtion, but, you didn't "allude" to reliable sources, you said you had it "from very reliable sources" "Defending a friend" perhaps.....What I said was what I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears, since Abraham, David and I were the only ones there for the conversation, I again say that perhaps people should reserve their comments to what they see and hear for themselves, not "reliable sources".

The post DK made was deleted, I believe deleted by the moderator as I know that someone reported it as it was a nasty attack and a real distortion. So it is only still here in some quote boxes---but this is it.

Originally posted by David K
Unlike some Nomads, I like to focus on the good, and only report bad if it might affect someone's vacation. For example, if I didn't like a kid asking for a tip I wouldn't trash his entire family and steer people away from a beautiful site, or remove my photos of that site.

THAT was his response to me asking him on another thread to please stop and I would do the same. That is his idea of balance and being nice.

Yes, maybe I should have ignored it, but enough is enough and he has done it too many times.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 12:54 PM

Diane, I did read this post and I don't see any "nasty attack" I have to say, I'm really confused.

I have been on this board since the begining and Amigo's prior to that, and in the 9 years I can honestly say I have never seen David attack anyone, although I have seen others attack him. I just don't get it.

Mean people suck!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Diane, I did read this post and I don't see any "nasty attack" I have to say, I'm really confused.

I have been on this board since the begining and Amigo's prior to that, and in the 9 years I can honestly say I have never seen David attack anyone, although I have seen others attack him. I just don't get it.

Well, then I guess maybe you agree with that post and his method of attack---that is, of course your choice and your right.

People do see things from different perspectives, and I believe everyone should accept that----but that will probably never happen.

I respect your right to see things as you do.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:04 PM

I don't want to get real involved here, but David doesn't attack. He counter-attacks. :saint:
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.