Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 10-24-2003 at 08:40 AM
The Villages of Loreto Bay

This morning our local paper in Victoria is advertising this new development. Apparently on the coastline, "facing Carmen Island" 5 miles south of Loreto.
Has anyone in the area heard of this??
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2003 at 02:21 PM

I found the site. Thanks. Can you tell me about the location of where this is going to be. Is it a nice beach? Do the locals think this is a "good" thing?? I just think about all the development on the corridor between San Jose and Cabo and shudder to imagine the same thing. From their promotions they seen to be considering the environment but it does like it is going to be huge...5000 homes???
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2003 at 07:10 PM
Loreto Bay

I have been talking to the developers in Victoria. They are offering the first group on homes/ lots (40) on Nov 15th at the El Camino Real Hotel in Loreto. The first group is located on the beach, just south of the Whales Inn (Old Eden Resort) and across from the golf club house.
Deposits (refundable?) of $5000 are being taken to take part in the "lot" party on Nov 15th.
The balance of the project is scheduled to go in over the next 10 years north of the Whales Inn and on the "other" side of the Hwy, up against the mountains.
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 10-25-2003 at 07:06 AM
LORETO BAY

Dream on.....Puerto Escondido, Escalara Nautica, and now Loreto Bay:lol::lol:LaTijerta are you going to the "lot" party? If so get me one too!CJ
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

lol.gif posted on 10-25-2003 at 08:37 AM
Anything for a Free Cerveza!

Migual,
They have called me from Victoria 2-3 times for my thoughts on Loreto:lol: Are you guys going to be still down there on Nov 15th? :tumble::tumble:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2003 at 05:47 PM

All Posters!! Do not take this lightly!!It could happen!!
I think about 30 years ago when Tio Don O'neil and I bought the lots North of Loreto where now sets several homes in the Multi-,illon dollar range.
I think about paying $6,000 for the lot and selling it for nearly 1/2 millon cash.
If the property is legal and I would check with the best Attorney in La Paz and if he says go I would buy,buy buy!!!
Think about the following. If and it is very possible that another attack happens and in San Diego/L/A the citzens of LA will get out of town{those that can afford it}
Skeet/Loreto
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2003 at 09:33 PM
Loreto Bay

Lest we all not forget Punta Banda. I heard it from someone important today at lunch, "unless the Mexican Military decides it's a strategic location for an outpost" to fight Americas addiction to drugs. And if I were them, I would wait at least until all the AC units are up and running!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 07:07 AM
the money is coming from Canadians......but

the development expertise is from a very well established entity right chere in good ol' Scottsdale AZ. I say if it can be done, and it most certainly can.....These guys can do it. The thing is , and it's that way for all things "developmental", is TIMING.
If that is right then it is a financial success. if not, another boondoggle.

When people decide they want 2nd homes in sunny baja for the winter they will have them. But to live year round in Loreto? not if they can afford options, way too hot for the affluent.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 08:42 AM
IF IT WORKS.......

it will be great for the economy in Loreto. People who have already invested here will see their investments increase immensily, air flight here would be more reasonably priced and more often. I wish them luck on this project........we'll see how it goes. CJ:cool:
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 09:24 AM
Loreto

CJ, do you think you will want to travel all that way from Ketchum to a town that looks just like Long Beach ? And do you also think that Loreto will retain the same peacful, tranquility it has had for ever?
You know, Targhee was one of my favorite areas to ski a while back. And I think if I were to buy out some of your neighbors I could put in quite the neighborhood as close as it is to there. Planned community of course!
Why do you live way out there anyway?
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 11:30 AM

The presentation for "The Villages" was very interesting! If I had $150,000.00 liquid assets I would not have hesitated!
It was well attended,. I would estimate 150 people, appeared to be a mixture of income groups. Many from a previous developement by Butterfield that has been a huge success. They described a community that would"produce more energy than it used"...solar energy plan plus windmills. They are focussing early on a development for local workers. This will not be a gated community. There will be many streets only accessible for foot, bicycle or electric cart transportation.
First offering is 40 lots by the oceon. First come, first serve. (they have a real fair way of doing this) Charter plane is taking intersted buyers to Loreto on Nov 13th, $1000. for trip and accomodations...money back if you buy. I predict they will sell out on Nov 15th.
Feel free to contact me with any questions...too much to cover here.:wow:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 12:29 PM
What do Loretanos REALLY think?

I believe that I have my finger on the pulse of Loreto as an employer in the tourism industry, this town's ONLY industry, as someone married to a Mexican man with Mexican born children, I speak the language and yeah, talk to locals about this project often.

My first opinions were not very positive with all of the other failed projects that one must consider. But does Loreto want this or need this new project?

Yes. Loreto wants and needs this project for so many reasons. We simply need the influx of new cash into this local economy which has been severely weakened since 9-11.

I am different, someone who is resourceful and can find creative ways to get income, but most of the local Loretaons cannot and will not. They will never move away from their families here, they know nothing different from the life they live here and it has been like this for many generations. If Loreto Bay is successful it will only be good to the local economy.

Growth is inevitable, everywhere. While your backyard is growing (think of the continued building in many areas of the US), the Baja is also growing. I hope the best for the project as I believe the developers seem to be dedicated to the conservation of the land that they will use.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 12:56 PM

Marie-Rose
Can you please give a description of where the new development will get its Water?

Can you tell me if this if former Ejido Property?

What title company or Attorney will issue Title papers?Name and Address please.

What type of document will be issued at the time of agreement to Purchase?

To anyone interested I would strongly suggest you contact Alex Ogalive of Baja Realty in Loreto or call Lic. Miguel Izquierdo at 112 31844 in La Paz.before you give these people any money.
Capt. George is on his way to start building his home in Loreto. As soon as he gets there he will set up his email and you can ask him his opinion about the Loreto Property.
Many years ago the French spent about 5 million on trying to put in a Grand Development at Escondio Bay. They left after 5 years with their tails between their legs.
Please contact me on this board are through my email if you need further info.Sonrisa@dospalos.org.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:08 PM

Skeet
I get the feeling you are asking these questions to put me on the spot!!! And you have...I really cannont say much as I went to the presentation out of interest because we will be in the area soon and because this man is a well known developer in this area. I was dismayed to think of some more areas looking like the San Jose/Cabo Corridor! When I went to the site (www.loretobay.com) it looked interesting. We did not invest, as it is a little too rich for our blood at the moment and our comfort level is more of a simple life style.
I got the impression that the land was bought from Fonatur(???). They have an agreement that Fonatur will maintain the infrastructure for 25 years. Water was not mentioned but is described on their site.
As far as documents go, sounded complicated, title held by bank(??).Apparently same process everyone goes through when they want to buy in Mexico. I do know that they were not fractional ownership or timeshare properties.
As a tourist who loves Baja, I went to the presentation feeling quite sad that another undeveloped piece of land was going to be turned into a huge playland for the rich but must honestly say that when I left...I wished that I had the money to invest. I would be very interested in your comments after you look at their site. I can only hope that if it succeeds it will not only be great for the tourists but even better for the locals.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:28 PM

Marie=Rose
I am sorry I did not mean to put you on the spot!!I know about the Villages, and the property also can relate some stories that everyone should be cautions about when buying or leasing property in Baja.
In all the years in Baja since 1968 the only property I know taken from investors was the Punta Bando area.I bought and sold property in Loreto for about 10 years as a private individual with a Corp.
There is a beautiful piece of property called Doctor"s Point about 5 miles North of Loreto that I wanted to get my hands on but Lo and behold you would have to spend millions to get water to it if you could get permission.
Also Loreto gets its water from 9 wells in the Mountains. Before the settlement at Nopollo which in my opinion is a good investment,was completed the Govt. had to buy out all of the Water Rights of the Valle San Juan North of Loreto.
The only way a development can be sustained on the Villages would be a Desalt Plant or Canada to send water through the Colo River. {Which I think the Canadians shoud do}
I think that is one of the most beautifull area in the world and I was able to live fulltime in Loreto for 20 years.
If you want a good piece of property with a view and clear title go out and look at MiraMar. That property is safe for Title.You would not be on the water but the view is Fantastic.
I am glad you responded as that is what is needed to stimulate ideas and information from all sides.
I must say there is not much you are any of us can do to stop development. And when the time comes that we suffer another 911 you will see the folks from L
A moving south. Please feel free to contact me on my email. I hope that I may be able to help . Sincerely Skeet/Loreto
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:38 PM
In Real Life

"I must say there is not much you are any of us can do to stop development."
On the other hand, Mother Nature can wipe us out with the blink of an eye.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:45 PM

J. R. Nice picture. Would that be in reference to "The Wrath of God"?
Skeet/Loreto
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:52 PM
The Locals

Does anyone remember the "Locals" prior to their Americanization ? Poor, poverty stricken families who had all the qualities that the original article was about and what Skeet and Bernie are pointing out. Their only priority was loving and feeding their families. They never starved or felt the need for a "Pink Stucco" house. They also took care of their "Seniors" no matter what condition they were in.
Would it be a good advancement for them to put them in "homes" because they are "too much of a burden".
And rather than give the children parental and family love, discipline, and raising our own children, there should be daycare where they get "professional love" and "care:.
And turn them in to the pathetic excuse for children that some countries practising this technique are producing. Which is what these $$$ Planned communities are doing.
And then for someone not even able to live there promoting it, well, I wish yall would really take a look at what the spread of this disease is doing to the world.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 05:56 PM
The Wrath of God

This was predicted many many years ago as you know Skeet. I just wonder if these developers are looking at it as a new prospect for making $$$.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 07:05 PM

Thanks Skeet I've learned so much over the last 2 months of reading these boards and are impressed at how you "old guys" (and gals!!!) are so willing to share your knowledge and experience. I am a firm believer than when when you visit an area you try to leave it untouched. I have been so turned off by some of the experiences around Cabo and San Jose(nothing to do with the locals but more to do with the lack of locals!) and am so excited to
experience some of the Baja you guys are so passionate about. That was the reason for my question...knew you would discuss!!
 Pages:  1    3  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.