Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: I just had Breakfast apology
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

sad.gif posted on 2-17-2006 at 09:39 AM
I just had Breakfast apology

You are all correct this was the wrong place to place My complaint. I am ashamed of my self for posting what I did. and hope that Don and family can forgive me.

I am truly sorry Don and family.

I think the correct thing to do Is to post a good review whenever you have a good experience and give a business a second or third chance before posting on a bad experience.

p.s. the service was very good and the surroundings clean and nice

thank you other Nomads for pointing out my stupidity I deserved every word you wrote and the ones you did not also

[Edited on 2-18-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 12:18 PM

Ah, one Mulege business mans approach to showing professional courtesy to another Mulege business man.

How sad!
mexibob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 12:23 PM

Probably with your sour attitude and small minded thinking, the fine folks of Don's place wish that you never darken their doorway again.

What a lousy way to approach a problem. Haven't you ever heard of speaking to a person face to face? :moon:
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 12:28 PM

What?
Because Bruce is a businessman in Mulege, he's not allowed to write a restaurent review???

A little hyprocritical I think!

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
mexibob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 12:58 PM

?Hypocritical? has a narrow, very specific meaning. It describes behavior or speech that is intended to make one look better or more pious than one really is. It is often wrongly used to label people who are merely narrow-minded or genuinely pious. Do not confuse this word with ?hypercritical,? which describes people who are picky.

Of course Bruce is allowed to do what the law allows, however, in the context in which it was written, the process of his review wasn't objective, merely subjective.

Therefore, it really wasn't a review, more of a bashing of another individual's business.

[Edited on 2-17-2006 by mexibob]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 01:10 PM

Too bad you didn't like your breakfast, Bruce. Hopefully, that was just an isolated instance, as happens from time to time at many Baja cafes in these climes. I have had gut bombs at all the cafes in Mulege over the years myself..I just mention it to owner and he/she always makes it right. I won't mention any names because I may still owe some bar bills and don't want to screw up my credit.:smug:

I, on the other hand, have always enjoyed very good food at the Serinadad....for more years than I care to think about. Ah...those great times on Saturday nights!! What feasts they were! I long ago took the famous 'Pig Barbeque' sauce recipe north with me and it is now enjoyed by many patrons at a Lake of the Woods resort....which is Up North to you Baja Nomads.:tumble:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
DonandNancyJohnson

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 05:50 PM

Bruce, I am very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with breakfast here the other morning. I have chatted with the waiter, he remembers you folks being very happy with the meal.

Why don't you and your friends come back soon for breakfast on the house. We do want our customers to be happy!

Don and Nancy Johnson
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 06:00 PM

Pompano., Is that Lake of the Woods, as in Oregon? Like n.w. out of Klamath Falls. Seems I did some sailing there in a little 22' swing keel Portager sail boat years ago. If not, I'm sure they must be also in some other states too.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 06:27 PM

Wow, how about THAT for the effect Baja Nomad can have!

That is very grand of you to join Baja Nomad Don and Nancy, and resolve this with Bruce!

Here are some photos of your 40th year fiesta: http://community-2.webtv.net/boojum1/serenidad/

Photos from Larry Hahn of Taco Bell Airlines!

We met you in 1966 (I was only 8), and my dad had a small world experience when you both realized you lived on the same street or area (?) of L.A. many years earlier... That was what I recall my dad talking about... We drove the entire peninsula to the tip that year in a Jeep Wagoneer.

Photo of Larry Hahn, Capt. Francisco Mu?oz, & Don Johnson

[Edited on 2-18-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 06:29 PM

Seems to me that if every review must be positive, then there is no reason to write reviews.
If you want 100% positive, then you really ought to visit their promo website.
Otherwise Doug might as well remove this category from the site.
If you get a bad meal you need to say so.
I never complain in a restaurant, because I know what might end up in my soup if I do...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonandNancyJohnson
Bruce, I am very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with breakfast here the other morning. I have chatted with the waiter, he remembers you folks being very happy with the meal.

Why don't you and your friends come back soon for breakfast on the house. We do want our customers to be happy!

Don and Nancy Johnson

DonandNancyJohnson I am so sorry. I hope yo can forgive me for being so stupid. I think I just had a senile moment. but even that is no excuse for my post.

I have had hundreds of fine meals in your restaurant and look forward to at least that many more.

[Edited on 2-18-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 06:41 PM
Phil S...'Lake of the Woods'

No...this Lake of the Woods is in NW corner of Minnesota on the border with Ontario, Canada....God's Country. Kind of the Baja of the North.

Hola, Don & Nancy....thanks for the many years of happy memories. Roger in Coyote.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Seems to me that if every review must be positive, then there is no reason to write reviews.
If you want 100% positive, then you really ought to visit their promo website.
Otherwise Doug might as well remove this category from the site.
If you get a bad meal you need to say so.
I never complain in a restaurant, because I know what might end up in my soup if I do...

Nothing wrong with writing a review, however it should be objective in content rather than so subjective. Don and Nancy Johnson have shown what classy people they are and that is one of the most important things about a restaurant review!!

Having spoken with Don and Nancy only recently they can hardly recall anyone complaining about the meals served in their place. They do have the right idea of trying to make their customers happy.

And the method of taking shots was uncalled for. Deal with it privately, not publicly. Then if not resolved, post it.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 07:17 PM

Bienvenidos, Don and Nancy
Nancy, this is the web site where I saw the picture of Don's birthday party that I was telling you about the last time we were in Mulege.
Actually Pompano has posted several pictures that either one or both of you were in.
Once again Welcome

djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 07:37 PM

Good man, Bruce,

I think the REAL People's Olympics would include a compteition that includes public removal of one's foot from their mouth.

C'mon over to my place in Loreto some time and I'll serve ya up some crow.... I have to eat it all the time :) . . . My wife Shing helps keep me honest / humble regularly!!

(She is the one who says: "Driving you crazy?? THAT is a short trip in a fast car!" :lol: )

And good for you guys, also, Don and Nancy for taking this on with kindness and helping Bruce get the feathers cleaned from his mouth with dignity!

This is a good place!

djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 07:53 PM

you had a crappy breakfast and were entitled to put in your review...we have no beef with you OR the review. An honest opinion is appreciated. If only one breakfast was bad, then it wouldn't be appropiate but since all complained...well. But in a true restaurant critic's eye, you have to go more than once to make a real review! But I still think the attacks were unwarranted as are the attacks on Bruce!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 07:57 PM

no I was out of line that is for sure.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 08:23 PM

Bruce you are OK. :yes:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 08:53 PM

Lighten up everybody!

geeeez, the guy didn't kill anyone..............

something about glass houses?????

George

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2006 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
Lighten up everybody!

geeeez, the guy didn't kill anyone..............

something about glass houses?????

George

He may not have killed anyone, but imagine if he had been hunting deer with a rifle, not birds with..uh...oops..wrong topic...

Nevermind! ;D
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.