Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: The Real Baja Photos
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:09 PM
The Real Baja Photos

For accompanying stories and complete details and many more "real Baja" photos of the Baja Search and Rescue Expeditions, go to http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:11 PM

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:12 PM

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:13 PM

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:15 PM

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:19 PM

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:24 PM
And finally

Which of you Baja Dudes know where this Steinway is located ?
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2003 at 03:19 PM

JR, I don't know where that piano is located, but if it's a Steinway - from the looks of those carved legs, etc. it would be very valuable. I wonder who decided to ruin the finish by painting it? It would be great if someone could refinish it and see what the original cabinet looked like. I rebuilt a couple of old pianos a few years ago, and I play the instrument myself, and have always been interested in various old piano's history. If this instrument is actually a Steinway, the next time you are there, get me the serial number from inside the cabinet and let me know what it is. I can then tell you a lot about the history of that particular grand. Amazing. ;)
Hey if it's in Ensenada - I'm going there January 1st and 2nd - let me know via email if ya want. bajarover@yahoo.com
:spingrin:

[Edited on 12-29-2003 by Bob H]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2003 at 03:30 PM
Example

...this Steinway is on ebay for $185,000. Look at the cabinet and compare it to your photo. Unreal that it could be a model "D" from 1877. This is made from rosewood. You have peaked an interest here!
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 09:49 AM
Great pictures

Ski...Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am really getting the fever to get down south and soon!!! Have a great New Year! Baja Red
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 10:06 AM
Search and rescue

Ski...do you do Search and rescue and if you do how long have you done it? Do you go all over Baja? Baja Red
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 01:16 PM
Pianos

My comp. is dowm right now you guys but wait till you hear the story of that piano. I also have photos of many more, including older ones.
I guess the people that really "Know" Baja don't open my posts anymore . hahahahahaha
I will share this location with any music lovers. PM me if interested.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 01:40 PM
Baja Search and Rescue

Yes, I go all over Baja and have been concentrating on the southern mountain areas establishing the Baja Search and Rescue programs. We assist travelers in all areas of Baja including the most remote regions, our first project. We distribute necessary items to the areas where tourists have no interest and educate the locals to some guidelines and environmental improvements to their areas , ( we work directly with locals and the Mexican Environmental Agencies, ) and, we are currently working on a graffiti removal program with the first cleanup area being Catavina.
Of all things, I can't get the tilde on a Mexican Comp. hahahahaha.
So far, the Baja Search and Rescue is only available for people down here but if you are interested, PM me and I will give you more info.
I think there is info at http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum and there are many pics. and stories of our trips as well.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 09:49 PM
Steinways

Here's that one.

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by Ski Baja]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 09:51 PM
But, here's another one.

Even older !
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 12:29 PM
JR

No serial number yet?

Hey, I just purchased my first digital camera yesterday. It should arrive in the next couple of days. Canon A80. Can't wait. I should know what I'm doing by the time we head south on April 10th for two weeks in the Mulege area (and maybe a couple or three days in Bahia LA.
Bob H

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Bob H]
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 01:47 PM

I see that those are some real Baja photos. Maybe for comparison, somebody could post some fake Baja photos.:lol:
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 03:38 PM

Greetings Ski,
No fake photos here, but check out George and Ms Tioga's web site.
http://vagabonders-supreme.net/blog/blog.html

George is an extremely interesting person. I met him via another BB and he eventually found his way to our house here in Los Olivos. He's currently parked at Rosarita Beach; has satellite internet; and gives his GPS numbers where he's "boondocked". You might enjoy meeting him. He's also taken some good photos during his travel adventure.

A futher thought. This post may be of interest to more than Ski, but I thought that since George is close by, they might hook up.
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 10:18 AM
Too funny!

Spoken like a true baja Mexican, Packoderm. You, like them, have a great sense of humor that brings the appropriate amount of levity to any situation. Ski Baja is actually splashing around "the real baja" as we speak and won't be around for a while.
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 10:33 AM
Speaking of true baja Mexicans...

I just wanted to say thank you to Doug, DavidK, the folks at Agua Viva and any others who made donations on behalf of Ski and some of the Mexican families down south that have benefited from the donations.

I travelled with him for a week and helped with his ongoing projects down there. It may come as a surprise to many here, but once away from the keyboard and amongst these folks, Ski is one of the most amazing and caring "people persons" that I've ever met! I believe that being around these wonderfully kind and giving people in rural baja brings out the best in all of us. More human to human encounters of this type can only serve to make the world a better place even if only in small increments.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.