BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: A very BAD report from Loreto!
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

mad.gif posted on 6-9-2007 at 12:48 PM
A very BAD report from Loreto!

I was on my way to the shop just before 1pm when I decided to go to the marina.

This morning when dispatching boats I noticed that the South half of the town's launchramo was torn apart. Now they're working on tearing up the rest of it and already the rebar and obstacles make using it dangerous.

There's a port captain guy out there right now who has to tell everyone pulling their boats out that the launch ramp will now be closed starting tomorrow! So when he told me I got mad and asked why everyone wasn't notified. He said they were and I said B.S. then he said "the people here" were notified. Yeah the ones within 15 meters of the launchramp and those unfortunate enough to be hauling out their 30 foot Cabo at that moment.

So I ask how long will this go on? Keep in mind (very upset here) this is right at the start of the high season for us here in Loreto. He says about six weeks!

So fact is that you'll need to be able to launch on the beach for several weeks (at least) if you want to launch from town.

I asked where will all the boats go? ...like my husband who launches every day and our other boats who launch every day? He told me "in there". I informed him that there are more boats that fish here who launch than keep inside this marina, again where will be boats go? He said on the beach. I said we need to hire security, who's gonna pay for that?! ...and what about these guys? (I pointed to a local norteamericano guy who fishes most days out of his own boat)...and he told me they'll all hae to use Puerto Escondido!

I can't write any more I'm so furious. They are doing something illegal I know it because they are making it difficult for those who choose to keep keep our boats out of the marina for lack of space, security and protection. They are making it difficult for us to work and support our families.

The sad part is that I'm going to be making a lot of phone calls informing people and now I have to get us all together to plan security measures.

APIBCS is responsible for this.

This SUCKS in a big way!!! :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 6-9-2007 by flyfishinPam]

Bob and jane
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 01:34 PM

Pam,
We launched and retrieved from the marina yesterday and no one said a word to us about the closure then....
We just heard yesterday, though, that the mayor's fishing tournament has been scheduled for June 23, that's 2 weeks from today. Apparently they forgot to tell the mayor that the ramp will be closed for his tournament. Wonder what he will do when HE finds out?! Then there is the vagabundo's tournament the first weekend in July and the Fishin for the Mission the next weekend.
I just have to think that the %&@#$ is going to hit the fan, and things will change. We may just go ahead and try our 6 a.m. launch tomorrow and see what happens.......................
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 01:42 PM

Hi there,

My blood is still boiling right now but they don't give a chit about any of us, the tournament, the people working during our high season, you visitors towing your boats, you locals who keep your boat in your garage and wish to fish once in awhile... everything will be moved for the convienence of the beautiful people!

geezus they've ripped the streets apart all over town, three times this week raw sewage has spewed out in front of my shop from broken pipes that were failry recently installed. Loreto is a chithole right now and an embarrasment. VAgabundos ought to move it all to PE, the governor's cup will have to take place at the beach and we'll all have to be lucky enough to have four wheel drive tow vehicles, hire security guards, help our friends, inconvience ourselves, and make our working situations very difficult. the APIBCS guy was receiving complaints by me passed on by the port captain rep. he was clueless about our concerns and went and hid from us. Yesterday we had a ramp today, nada. I will include this in this weekend's report as I've been taking pictures. I close at 5pm wonder what the thing will be like by then?!

APIBCS :moon:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 01:53 PM

Could be that a couple of factory ships are moving in to work the area.:?: Keep the local fishermen away so they won't know what's going on.:(
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and jane
We may just go ahead and try our 6 a.m. launch tomorrow and see what happens.......................

don't waste your time and if you don't believe me go for it, see you in the morning, Oh maybe not because we'll have to launch north of La Pinta on the beach for the rest of the summer!

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Could be that a couple of factory ships are moving in to work the area.:?: Keep the local fishermen away so they won't know what's going on.:(

won't keepo us out of the water, 4WD toyota 4 runner, the dustiest truck in town will tow across the beach, you folks on the beach along calle davis, well...there will be several boats in front of your beach now

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Like the ones posted here yesterday, working Mulege!:fire::fire::fire:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 02:58 PM

was just back at the marina a little while ago. looks like they left the north half intact and have gone for the weekend. its likely they will finish the job on monday so at least we have 36 hours to figure out alternative launches, whoopee!

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 03:14 PM
Ramp

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=24177#pid2212...
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 03:20 PM

true the ramp was/is in crappy condition but to close it without notifying anyone and before the high season? it ain't right
how do you feel about now having to launch at PE and pay an additional $30USD to do it? (not to mention a 36mi R/T by road to get there)

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 03:35 PM

I was down at the launch ramp earlier today and assumed that they were going to repair half the ramp at a time, allowing for continued launching. Silly me. That makes wayyyy to much sense.
Bob and jane
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 03:35 PM

They never told me!!!
Funny, tho not so funny, but wed., when they 1st began the work, I asked someone I though might be el jefe if the ramp would be closed. His answer was no, it would be done half, then half, so ramp would remain open. They must be joshing you Pam, they wouldn't do this now. then again, they probably are.-- this town is a mess!!! Buena suerte!!
Gnome-ad
Nomad

Mood: Okey-Dokey

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 03:38 PM

So sorry to hear of this mess. Though we don't fish, I remember last July in Loreto when the fishing tournament was in progress. We were so lucky to get a room by the water while hauling down our things. This sounds like some sort of purposeful sabotage to one very uninvolved. Hope the mayor finds out soon enough to perhaps stop them from tearing up the rest on Monday. Perhaps someones huevos will be scrambled over the weekend.

:mad:

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. - Ancis
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 08:23 PM
Loreto Ramp

Pam,

Russ Hatch's friend.... My brother and I am coming down 6/29 to try out our new boat that Momo has. Do you think the ramp will still be closed. I cannot launch this boat from the beach! I cannot believe that my friend with Profepa did not tell me. He must have been unaware. This is bad. Close the ramp right in the middle of the fishing season. Who made this decision?????

Thanks,
Bret
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 09:30 AM

Anybody been to the ramp yet today and is able to give us a report ?
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 09:36 AM

Van,

I was there this morning and they have started working on the north half of the ramp (below water level). Now both sides are torn up, hope they told pangeros who went out earlier this morning that recovery will be a real challenge by the time they come in.

I am heading back down around 1:00 to watch the fun. This is going to put a real kink in the three upcoming tournaments.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 09:47 AM

Dan,

May see you there to watch the procedings.
Mexico at it's finest:?::?::P:P:lol::lol:
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 10:47 AM

I just came back "again". The ramp is just 5 minutes from my place to its easy to watch the so called progress.
All of the concrete below the water line is gone, and all the concrete on the south side of the ramp is gone. Im not sure how the boats that are out will be able to recover. There are 10 or so gringo trailers parked along the malecon, some I recognize and they have 22 foot or longer boats. I wouldn't want to recover my 18 footer, let alone a 22 or more.
Van, I am still going down about 1, buy you a beer if we meet up.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 02:12 PM

Nomads, Just back from a visit to the ramp. My wife talked to the crew that were demolishing the rest of the north side of the ramp and was told that the south end will be back in operation by Wednesday. That's what one guy told her. They told a friend the 15th, so whatever comes first:P:P:lol::lol:
So here we are, holding our breath and hoping for the best.
Like the Wednesday estimate better, more Mexican.
WHICH WEDNESDAY :lol::lol:
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 02:22 PM

Met Ed (Vandenberg) at the ramp, and other than a pangero friend of mine, (Francisco..Pams husband). No other boats tried to recover. Francisco had me drive his panga a bit north and he met me with his truck for a beach recovery.
As Ed said, the workers say it will be ready this week, (half anyway). . We shall see.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.