Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Loreto Property
loretohood

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 10:36 AM
Loreto Property

I am planning a trip to Loreto in the next 30 days with the intention of finding a house, condo or land to purchase.

Ideally, I would like to find something already built so that I can start using it immediately and renting it when I am not using it.

I looked at some properties in Los Cabos three years ago but the time was not right for me. I was recently in Los Cabos and visited properties both in the Los Cabos as well as in San Jose De Los Cabos and real estate has appreciated drastically.

I am hoping that I may be able to find something in Loreto.

Any help, suggestions, recommendations are welcomed.

Thank you.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 10:38 AM

bring lots and lots of money and be very very careful who you deal with, buy from, etc.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 10:41 AM

Bring lot's of money !
Prices have gone up all over Baja - especially Loreto over the past 5 years !
We looked 4-5 years ago and almost bought - should have - now it's too much for us. Coulda made a bundle like Skeeter ??
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 10:55 AM

Loretohood,

I'm giggling as I read your post, not because I'm being snide, but because I am tickled by your idea that you're going to snap up a ready built house in Loreto that's just waiting to be sold.

Get ready for "sticker shock" when you do find something, but here's a lead.

Tom Bird, a Loreto resident, has a darling house that Chucho Cortes just built on Calle Madero across from the kindergarden. Its' a cutie.
His contact information:

mybaja1000@aol.com
714-815-0146

And welcome to the Nomad board. :saint:

[Edited on 7-14-2007 by Loretana]

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 11:04 AM

Thinking that maybe Baja has over-priced itself. Too much hype, too much, too much. :( You can get more bang for your bucks in other areas. Even in the good 'ole USA! Have been told you can actually drill a well and get water down there.:D
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 11:19 AM

Baja real estate is in bubble territory. However, if/when I buy my next property in Mexico, probably on the mainland, a visit to the Notario for the area seeking a referral to a local lawyer will be one of the first things I do. Then I'd let him talk turkey with the seller and guide me through the process.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 01:25 PM

You may be able to find something if you can accept old Mexican standards, like a low roof with no ceilings, tiny bathroom, deferred maintenance, etc. Or you can buy a really nice place for several hundred thousand.

Problem is that the population is growing rapidly, with demand for workers, skilled, unskilled and professional, and a recent influx of new buyers. The rental market has been saturated, and the inexpensive real estate is long gone.

And there are so many people looking for property! I believe most, if not all, of the condos being built are presold. And it's to early for many to get "flipped" on the market.

The best sugesstion I've heard is to look at Tom Bird's property.

Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 07:54 AM

As seen on Nellie's site this week

http://whereintheworldisnellie.blogspot.com/

There are many investment deals in Loreto. This week I am showing a rental investment for sale. It is a brand new home, well located on a quiet street in downtown Loreto with a 2 bedroom suite that would rent for $700 per month and a 1 bedroom suite that rents for $500 a month, with parking. This is for sale at $150,000 USD and a good immediate return. There is zero vacancy in Loreto and the rental accommodation will not change anytime soon. We can advise you on the many real estate options in this area, including Loreto Bay. Just email or drop by for more information.

[Edited on 7-15-2007 by Wiles]
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 09:39 AM

reading nellie's blog about Loreto it sure is refreshing instead of all the gloom and doom

jerry and judi
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 10:44 AM

not a bad little hut for 150K.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
reading nellie's blog about Loreto it sure is refreshing instead of all the gloom and doom
Is this the Nellie who owns the BAR with the motel in the back? The play hard girl, as she calls herself.:?:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 12:16 PM

yup....
http://www.bajaboss.com/nellies/nellies.html

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 12:22 PM

Quote:

BS'artiste extraordinaire.:spingrin::spingrin:

Likely attended many Loreto Bay seminars:?::?:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 12:57 PM

No gloom, no doom. Just trying to figure out how to work my way thru the crowd.:D Guess the key word is "crowd".:D
bancoduo
Banned

thumbdown.gif posted on 7-15-2007 at 12:59 PM
LORETO FUN GIRL'S BIO

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hutchison_Nellie_869509006.as...:o:lol:
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 04:49 PM

Is Nellie's house close to the Hard Rock cafe?

Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 07:59 PM

Based on her blog, this bio is old news. She has left Loreto Bay Company and is in business on her own or with partners.

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hutchison_Nellie_869509006.as...:o:lol:

[Edited on 7-16-2007 by Worldtraveller]
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 07:31 AM

yes worldtraveller but dont muddell up the opinion with facts that dont go along with the gloom and doom theory:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerry and judi
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
yes worldtraveller but dont muddell up the opinion with facts that dont go along with the gloom and doom theory

Jerry, it's not gloom and doom if what you want is something along the lines of Cabo San Lucas. If that's what you want, you should be looking forward to a life in Loreto.

[Edited on 7-16-2007 by oldhippie]

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 09:32 AM

i dont care for los cabos mostly because of the crime but some people love it everyone shopuld have a choice
i cant believe that these hugh busness are going to invest billions in the loreto area without a plan for getting water, their not stupid
the first thing any development needs is water
if i was developing an area i sure would not tell anyone anything about anything it only breeds contempt competition and adversarys as it has here everyone second guessing and all opposing for what ever reasoning
and will use anymeans to stop it because they want everything to stay the same

where have the develpoers and speculators takin there profits a mess?? and left??
Las Vegas?? Lauflin?? Socal??
i dont relish the thought of Loreto becoming a big city but ill let that up to the government where it should be

different strokes for different folks

jerry and judi
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.