BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: las Arenas
cb6810

biggrin.gif posted on 8-4-2007 at 09:52 AM
las Arenas

Has anyone fished with Fidel Lucerno out of Las Arenas.I wanted to get in touch with him. Any info would be appreciated.
AcuDoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 10:07 PM

Years ago I used to fish with Valente Lucero, great guy and guy to boot. The Lucero family has a long history of being great pangeros. I used to drive to Agua Amara and just go to his house.

Sorry he didn't have a phone but a family member did. Maybe someone has the number. Try Jonathan on the allcoast board
M_Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AcuDoc

Sorry he didn't have a phone but a family member did. Maybe someone has the number. Try Jonathan on the allcoast board

Doc, I gave you Joel Lucero Gonzalez' number so many years ago.

I've still got Joel's card.

His number then was 6 40 69 That's the number only, no country code, no area code...simpler times ten years ago!

If anybody can fill in the blanks for Country Code and Area Code, please post it to this thread for everyone's benefit.

Almost all the Las Arenas fishermen are Luceros or Gonzalezes...the Gonzalezes married into the Lucero Familia.

Their Tienda Gonzalez in Agua Amarga is Painted with a Quaker State motif, and is HQ for their Sportfishing Buisness, and their cervesa is muy frio!

They're all good fishermen, last year we fished two days each with two Lucero brothers, Jorge and Enrique.

We had a ball with Enrique, he speaks way better English than we speak Spanish- he can even tell a pretty good joke in English.

Last year Jorge and Enrique were guiding for David Jones' Fishermen's Fleet of La Paz.

cb, let us know if the phone number's still good.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 07:29 PM

to dial in use 011-52-624 and then your number.
AcuDoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2007 at 02:50 PM

Hey M_Man!

I couldn't remeber who gave it to me, thought it was maybe Jonathan Roldan. Thanks for the reat tip and I have passed it on. Valente is agret guys. I haven't fished that area in years now. Starting hanging in San Lucas Cove as it was getting crowded with the windsurfers in La Ventana.

Bought a boat a few years back from Pescador, great boat, great guy!

Spend most my time now on teh mainland in San Carlos but still long for Baja. Thinking of doing a trip there next year. Also thought in a couple years taking my boat, 16.5 foot Klamath - 50hp merc from San Lucas Cove to La Ventana cove hopping and camping on the way down. Think it would be a great trip.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.