Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Punta Banda 3 day weekend
bajadock
Super Nomad

wink.gif posted on 8-14-2007 at 09:27 AM
Punta Banda 3 day weekend

Great views available on Punta Banda peninsula

Hidden beach challenge is 40 foot rope climb. Good footing however provides solid platform up and down

New site of Mega Marina, Eco Resort and Cruise Port. Applications being accepted only from highly conditioned athletes as climbing steep hills is only land access.

Cave on east end of hidden beach. Our total hike was a little over 8 miles and climbed up to 800 feet asl twice from sea level.

Cave is full of live critters and, yes, I still need to get a new camera.

We were only ones on beach and an operatic seal performed exclusively for us...barely visible just right if her hat.

San Carlos Hot Springs 10 miles east of Baja Country Club provides a great picnic spot. Go during week for few crowds at this oasis. Several pools of varying temperatures and a creek. We found our very own private pool away from everyone and enjoyed nature at its finest! Curious tadpoles flock to your feet in the water.

Wrapped up the weekend at India Bonita Restaurant, approx 6.5K from Hwy1 on La Buf Road. Home style food at great price. Baked fish stuffed with shrimp on 8/13/07 was best restaurant meal I've ever had on Punta Banda peninsula. BYOB, and Lupita and her servers will provide you glasses, as she asks you to keep your bottles/cans in your bag/cooler under table and out of sight.

Grand weekend and looking forward to next little getaway in Baja.

[Edited on 8-14-2007 by bajadock]

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 10:18 AM

Ahhh....... memories of Alligator Cove and Sea Hag Cave and some fun body surfing near the cave!!
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 11:09 AM

As we kayaked by, we heard someone singing hoarsely, "I feel my temperature a-risin.'" Could that have been you?

:?:
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 06:29 PM

...just in time, as Elvis has "left the building" August 16, 1977...

Lord Almighty, I feel my temperature risin'
Higher and higher, it's burnin' through to my soul
Girl, girl, girl, you gonna set me on fire
My brain is flamin'
I don't know which way to go, yeah

BA, are those circles around your eyes due to lack of sleep? Or are they due to your binoculars being stuck on your eyelids too long watching the show provided by my beach partner? I'll guess BB05 will say the former!

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 07:27 PM

Wow Doc, sounds like you had a great weekend! Mija and I went to Estero and had a great time also! Loads of fish in the bay, caught many of different kinds, swam, bbq'ed on the penninsula and danced the nite away!I took your # but we had so much going on , well you know.Guess you had your own entertainment!!Beautiful weekend and sure wish I was still there!Where was the first photo taken? Sure doesn't look like the penninsula!?? (rocks?)

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
BA, are those circles around your eyes due to lack of sleep? Or are they due to your binoculars being stuck on your eyelids too long watching the show provided by my beach partner? I'll guess BB05 will say the former!

Is it over? I'd better get home.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2007 at 09:24 PM
BAJADOCK

How are the hot springs in San carlos, I was toll they where desert it. but from what I can read in your post, there still people going there.How much they charge to get in.?

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2007 at 09:35 PM

BC,
San Carlos hot springs is $5 per person. Comparing to hot spring parks throughout sw US, this would rate a 5 out of 10. But, an oasis in this brown desert is appreciated.

Camping and, from what locals have told me, crowds, make weekends prohibitive.

I am not a "spa" type that needs mud(available at SC) or a black stone arrangement on my spine to heal my soul. The right company, simple food and a beverage are my elixers of life.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
BC,
San Carlos hot springs is $5 per person. Comparing to hot spring parks throughout sw US, this would rate a 5 out of 10. But, an oasis in this brown desert is appreciated.

Camping and, from what locals have told me, crowds, make weekends prohibitive.

I am not a "spa" type that needs mud(available at SC) or a black stone arrangement on my spine to heal my soul. The right company, simple food and a beverage are my elixers of life.
Thanks for the information, I will try that next time .

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 11:05 AM

My wife and I love this place. However, August is one month we will not go there. Again, that is. The crowds are huge, and too many children. Most other months you will have the place to yourself. The pools are cleaned once a week, so you may be there on a day when one or more of them is empty. No big deal there are seven in total. The mud baths are a big draw for some. You will see them walking around looking like the creature from the black lagoon. You would probably have to pay big bucks for this treatment at some fancy spa. I have not tried it yet. It is a great moto ride from the highway to get there. 12 miles from Mx 1. Take the Baja Country Club turn-off. then follow the signs. A high profile vehicle is recommended. As there are 12 water crossings on the way, and some are about 2 ft deep. There are also a couple of nice picnic areas along the road that are very nice and quiet. That is except for the babbling spring. I highly recommend this place. :bounce:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 09:21 PM

Got pictures? Minnow...

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 05:46 AM

yeah minnow...you got pictures to support this story???:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 08:48 AM

Yes I do. or did. My dog must have ate them.:spingrin: I also have a couple of hot young girls to back my story up.:spingrin: However, they are out water skiing in the Estero. Well actually, they were water skiing, but now they are out at the island spearfishing. Really, they were spearfishing, but they tagged such a huge fish that they have to tow it back and it is taking a very long time. Really.:bounce:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Yes I do. or did. My dog must have ate them.:spingrin: I also have a couple of hot young girls to back my story up.:spingrin: However, they are out water skiing in the Estero. Well actually, they were water skiing, but now they are out at the island spearfishing. Really, they were spearfishing, but they tagged such a huge fish that they have to tow it back and it is taking a very long time. Really.:bounce:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 8-21-2007 at 09:18 AM

Bajadock,

Looks like a very magical place. Thanks for the pics.!!!

- CaboRon

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 12:51 PM

Whoa Dock! That looks like fun. Maybe I can take mi Bonita there on our next trip your way.
Might have to go by boat when I get my new Amoto panga. I've been looking at the 26 super but he makes a 28 mini cruiser too.
His "factory" is also near the Baja Country Club.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 02:57 PM

Hey Fishbuck.You can drive to Pta.Banda from Estero, takes about half an hour, depending on traffic.Note the date this post was from, still the same place tho!:spingrin:

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 03:00 PM

Sync, Minnow was just yanking our chains on that post!!:lol::lol:I miss Minnow.......:(:(

[Edited on 9-5-2008 by Sallysouth]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 03:32 PM

I remember reading it the first time.:lol:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 04:23 PM

Aha!Now there are two(at least) chain yankers!!:biggrin:And I have to agree with DENNIS on this one David.It's all in fun.Sync will get his answers whether it is moved or not.;D

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.