Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Made it!
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:29 AM
Made it!

Boy, it was a long,wet trip! We left Capo Beach at 9 am on friday.It was raining when we left, and rained all the way to Catavina, where we spent the nite at La Pinta.That was a 12 hr day, after stopping in San Diego for some stuff.We went thru many flooded arroyos and the rain was torrential at times.The wind howled like a madman,all the way!Just before Catavina we rounded a curve in the hills to find a car that had passed us not long before overturned, right on a blind turn!So we pulled over and went to help.Only one guy in the car, a Ford explorer,and he was unharmed,Gracias Dios!After a few other cars stopped, all the men pushed the car back over (it was on its side).The guy got in, and started his car up.It was badly mangled but he managed to drive away! So that was the only incident on the whole trip.Glad to be here with my girls and Mija cried when she saw me.She didn't know I was coming!The weather is perfect today, not a cloud in sight.OH! I forgot to say we spent the second nite at Juncalito.It was calm and beautiful .When we left the Northerlies were starting to blow pretty hard.I'll post again when I get something exciting to talk about! Hoping to see Judy and Sara on this trip!!Have a great day Nomads!!Sally:bounce:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:53 AM

Sally,
It sounds like you had quite the adventure on your drive down. I'm glad to hear that you made it safely. Enjoy!
P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:58 AM

Ah, the smile that tickles inside ..... must be wonderful !!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:24 AM

Glad you made it safe and sound!

That guy was really lucky. I wonder if it was the curve where we are always very careful. The curve is worse than it appears and is not banked at all----

Have a great time

Diane

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:35 AM

What a wonderful surprise for your daughter and grandchildren, Sally! It is such a wonderful time of year to be with family... I look forward to hearing about some of your upcoming fun.

Please be sure to give a big hug from me to both Judy and Sara.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 10:06 AM

Thank you all! I forgot to mention that there is basically no one on any of the beaches all the way down!Only two or three campers on the beach at Juncalito, and no one at Requison ! guess it is too early for the Snowbirds!!If anyone will be driving down within the next two weeks, you will be in for the show of your life! The desert will be lush and blooming as the whole penninsula got lots of rain! I will do that Nena, but need to hear from them first, as I don't have contact info except the board here. Hey Sara and Judy, ya hear me???Guess I will U2U, that may help..:light:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 12:02 PM

Sally - check your u2u.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.