Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Many thanks Dennis...
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 05:56 PM
Many thanks Dennis...

Seems like just yesterday I was in need of help...but then a silver haired sole by the name of Dennis met me in a Costco parking lot with one of those friends, Ospery speaks of...and what a mechanic he is...I thought he would pull the entire grill and radiator and A/C condenser to replace the fan clutch. Nope, he went over the top of a very hot engine, with his belly on the breather, and some how reached the fan and belts and had the job do in 30-40 minutes...WOW. Dennis even wanted to cover the cost...I am ??? What!...I went to his friend, Vicente(hope that is right name) and gave him what (as Osprey said) made me feel good...maybe too little maybe not. They both made me feel blessed to be a Baja Nomad...Many thanks to Dennis and Vicente...

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 06:10 PM

Thanks for sharing this story!:yes:

I think the world is run by C- students.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 06:43 PM

My heart soars like an Eagle. Usually I'm lambasted for bad manners and killing baby rabbits and chickens (which I've almost stopped completely). What a guuuud day!
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 06:53 PM
dennis and al g

way to go:saint::saint::saint:

today we picked up 5 sacks (30 kilos each) of soil and steve had planned to take them up two flights of stairs (to the rooftop terrace) with his dolly when i spotted a couple of workers next door. i asked for a "favorcito" and between them, (no dolly! though we offered it) they had all five bags up within minutes. when i reached over with a "muchísimas gracias and money to pay, the guy initially nodded, "no hay de que." i had to insist.

lili
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 07:27 PM

Way to go Dennis...a hero! Were your ears burning today when Bajabound and Bajamigo came over for tea and told me all about their great group of amigos in Pta.Banda. Can't wait to visit you all! It's critical to know a decent mechanic and lovely to share him with pals.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 10:03 PM

Right on Dennis! See all your name calling and lambasting hasn't affected you a bit!(:lol::lol:) Good on ya man .And to Shari...you serve tea?On top of everthing else you do?Geez you are my hero:yes:

[Edited on 2-10-2008 by Sallysouth]

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 10:31 PM

yep, dennis, always suspected you were on e of the good guys...

bigmike
Nomad

Mood: Loving Life

wink.gif posted on 2-10-2008 at 04:47 AM

Yep Dennis is a good guy!! As all of us here in Punta Banda know. He sounds pretty mean and nasty on here but you know the old saying "His bark is worse than his bite"
Again Dennis comes through to help a friend.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-10-2008 at 09:58 AM

thanks to thoughtful Nomad visitors, I offer an variety of tea...organic green, linden, french vanilla, hazelnut, bang, etc...and will that be with soymilk or regular???? And a pacifico for Dennis...although I'll have to reach deep into the back of the fridge as it's full of tecate!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2008 at 10:24 AM

GOOD NOMAD! Here you go...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2008 at 11:53 AM
Expect the unexpected

Just one of many examples, I'm sure, that Dennis is a STAND UP GUY. Expect excellence!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2008 at 12:32 PM

Thank all of you for the very kind words. I'll convey all of them to the man of the day, Vicente. I knew he was good but, on Al's rig, he outdid himself while I BSd with Albert.

For future reference, if anybody is in the area and in need of mechanical help, let me know. Vicente is ready for anything except automatic tranys although he has an expert which he will recommend. I've used him as well.

Thanks again.
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 09:19 AM

Dennis,good to know. How does one contact you if in need? Is Punta Banda by Ensanada?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
Dennis,good to know. How does one contact you if in need? Is Punta Banda by Ensanada?

Yes...South by twenty miles near La Bufadora. I'm temporarily without phone but will be getting a new one soon. I'll post the number. In the meantime I can be contacted here. I look at todays posts throughout the day.

I just returned from the vet in Ensenada. I was on my way to town north of Maneadero on Hwy 1, and in the middle lane, a small injured dog was lying with her head up and the poor thing was in utter terror. Cars and trucks were driving over her, missing her at 50 mph. I stoppped and picked her up and almost got nailed in the process. I'm hoping for the best. She's in good hands with this vet.
Sorry...I didn't want to start a new thread for this.
dccf
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 12:55 PM

That proves it, you are a "stand-up guy"!
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 09:17 PM

Dennis keep us posted on how the wonder dog is doing
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 09:57 PM

Dennis... any news about the dog:?::?:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 07:22 AM

I have to go back in to the vet this morning and I'll let you know. Yesterday PM, he said she was responding well but he wouldn't know the depth of the injuries till today. I think she's going to be a perfect pet for somebody.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 01:11 PM

Pup is doing well but, has a ways to go. She seems more alert but still a little confused. The doc said she may have some brain swelling. Still not eating but took a love-bite at his hand when he was holding a shiney tool so her jaw may be sore but probably not broken. She's still doing intravenous fluids. She'll be in ICU for the rest of the week.
The doc and his assistant named her Milagro for what she survived.
Xrays today and the prognosis is optomistic.
Thanks.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 03:05 PM

Dennis,

You will now need to change your identity if you want to ever play bad guy again---you blew your cover!

My thoughts are with Milagro----

Diane

[Edited on 2-12-2008 by jdtrotter]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.