BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Hotel Jardines Baja (San Quintin)
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 07:16 PM
Hotel Jardines Baja (San Quintin)

The hotel at the former restaurant is now open. I booked a room tonight. $35 single and $50 double. Very nice and I'll post pictures when I get home. No tv in my room, but wifi is available.

Guillermo is the owner and his relatives run the newly open ed restaurant. The food is excellent, with prices starting at around $8 for a fish dinner up to over $20 for lobster.

The hotel is in a tropical garden and very quiet, it is off the highway on the road to the Old Mill. I will post coordinates after I get home.

I highly recommend both the restaurant and the hotel. It offers another choice for those that want to overnight in San Quintin or a place to stay while fishing.

By the way the Margarita's are excellent!

from usa 011 52 (616) 165 6060. They told me they have a website.

Ken

[Edited on 2-23-2008 by tripledigitken]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 08:07 PM

It's San QUINTIN...not San Quentin (which I believe is a prison in California...!)

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 08:41 PM

We also stayed there the first of this month and I agree it is GREAT. We will be back.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 09:04 PM

Thank you SO MUCH for correcting the spelling; now the "search" function will actually pull up this thread!!!!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 09:46 PM

Liked the rooms, liked the cafe...what more can we say?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
The hotel at the former restaurant is now open. I booked a room tonight. $35 single and $50 double. Very nice and I'll post pictures when I get home. No tv in my room, but wifi is available.

Guillermo is the owner and his relatives run the newly open ed restaurant. The food is excellent, with prices starting at around $8 for a fish dinner up to over $20 for lobster.

The hotel is in a tropical garden and very quiet, it is off the highway on the road to the Old Mill. I will post coordinates after I get home.

I highly recommend both the restaurant and the hotel. It offers another choice for those that want to overnight in San Quintin or a place to stay while fishing.

By the way the Margarita's are excellent!

from usa 011 52 (616) 165 6060. They told me they have a website.

Ken

[Edited on 2-23-2008 by tripledigitken]

Really enjoyed the old restaurant and glad to hear they are now open. Wonder if they accept dogs????

Diane

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 05:29 PM

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going to happen with this place. It wasn't bad in the past, but sounds really nce now.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotterReally enjoyed the old restaurant and glad to hear they are now open. Wonder if they accept dogs????

Yeah, but they kill you on the exchange rate. It's best to use Pesos.

--Larry

Well, we found out last night---they accepted our pesos, and they let our dogs stay with us---they could not afford the exchange rate for our dogs. :lol::lol:

I bumped this up to HIGHLY recommend this place. Yes, the old Jardines Restaurant was good, but the new one is REALLY good and the hotel is just great. We stayed there last night.

Why we really like Jardines and will return on a regular basis. (Baja Cactus is still on our return list, also)

1. Rooms are large and bright.
2. Beds are very good.
3. Bathroom is large, large shower with instant hot water, great towels, washclothes, and bath mat.
4. It is off the highway so absolutely quiet---hard to believe that one is near San Quintin.
5. The gardens are incredible---have to see them to believe them.
6. Owners are great. Guillermo offered us some baby palms and cuttings from his magnificent hibiscus plants next time we go south.

It is everything Ken said it is in the original post and more. It is one of those special places difficult to describe fully.

They need a couple more signs. The sign from the main highway sends you toward the ocean. We knew to turn left at the big dirt road because we had been there before. Look for that road at about 1/2 mile and you can see the old Tecate sign.

They also need a sign for the restaurant and the hotel. The restaurant is the new building furthest south, but the entrance to the hotel looks like you might be driving into someone's beautiful home---well, actually you are. It is the home of Carmen and Guillermo, and they sure make everyone else feel at home.

Their website is www.hotel-jardinesbaja.com

Just two pictures of just a couple of very special things at Jardines,

Besides several of the newer multi-petalled hibiscus plants, Guillermo has some of the really old-fashion single petal ones---I just love them. This one was my favorite.

They really put a lot of thought into creating the hotel out of the old restaurant and home. Normally with the dogs, we don't like upstairs rooms, but these stairs are wonderful---I would guess there is only about a 3" rise between the stairs.

It is truly an oasis near a crowded noisey town.

Diane and John

[Edited on 9-9-2008 by jdtrotter]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 11:21 PM

I hate to disagree but the place can be very busy on weekends and not that quit. It's small and when full kind of crowded.But the grounds are beautiful.
On one weekend there was a large wedding that went on for hours very late.
Mid-week is probably very good.
The restuarant is excellent.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 11:36 PM

Will be checking it out later this week. Here is their website:

http://www.hotel-jardinesbaja.com/id76.html

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 07:11 AM

Been there (with dog), agree completely, very nice. Restaurant wasn't finished (last B1k) but heard it would be run by same people who ran Viejo San Quintin. Not on the bay, but very tranquil relaxing gardens.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Been there (with dog), agree completely, very nice. Restaurant wasn't finished (last B1k) but heard it would be run by same people who ran Viejo San Quintin. Not on the bay, but very tranquil relaxing gardens.

The restaurant is worth a trip back there.

BTW --- we really hope everyone with dogs will be careful and respectful because Carmen told us that she did not want dogs at first. But then she realized that so many of the people who travel back and forth on a regular basis, those with homes further south, have dogs, so she decided to accept dogs.

She said that so far she has had no problems, and we sure hope it stays that way.

Diane

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:19 PM

Is there room to park in a secure area if towing a boat?

In Memory of E-57
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Is there room to park in a secure area if towing a boat?

Lots of room to park a boat---big parking lots. I guess one could say they are not secure, as they don't have fences or anything, but the owners say that they leave lots of things around and they have never had a problem.

There was one person with a boat and another with a trailer when we were there, and we had a lot of stuff in the back of our truck with just a shell over it, and had no problem.

I would feel comfortable parking a boat there, but maybe not everyone would. It is off the highway and out of town which, IMHO, is a real plus. It is south of San Quintin and Lazaro Card##as, so it really is more in a rural area.

Diane

[Edited on 9-10-2008 by jdtrotter]

Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 10:47 AM

WOW. I never go through San Quintin, but I would stay there just for the gardens. Thanks for the review.

"The association of flowers and warm-blooded love is more than a romantic convention; it is based upon one of the great advances in the evolution of life." Ed Abbey
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pappy Jon
WOW. I never go through San Quintin, but I would stay there just for the gardens. Thanks for the review.

And the pictures on their website only show a small part of the gardens. Oh, they also have a lot of citrus growing out back.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 04:38 PM

I took some photos in Feb., 2006, before they remodeled ... Here is one>

206 028-R.JPG - 43kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 04:40 PM

another

206 027-R.JPG - 45kB

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 04:41 PM

#3 of 6

206 029-R.JPG - 34kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 04:42 PM

#4 of 6

206 030-R.JPG - 36kB

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.