Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Venison Machaca and Quail Eggs
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 05:49 PM
Venison Machaca and Quail Eggs

Order that at a fancy, schmancy restaurant in L.A. or N.Y. and what would the single plate entree cost? Maybe $50 or more?

Well, let me tell you what I got for $6.35 at Tapanco today.

I know, I have posted about Tapanco in Rosarito before, but we've never had breakfast there until today.

Besides my order of the above mentioned venison machaca, hubby ordered a chorizo and mushroom omelette.

First, they brought a plate of queso fresco with rounds of toasted butterd bread (think croissant). Then they brought a basket of freshly made corn chips and two kinds of salsa. The main courses were accompanied with a serving of refried beans with cotija cheese sprinkled on top and freshly made hash browns, garnished with a very sweet orange slice and parsley. A basket of freshly made, wood-fire-cooked flour tortillas was placed alongside.

Everything was good, the very moist venison/quail egg scramble had onions and mild chili peppers mixed in.

The bill for this delightful breakfast, that included two coffees (also good), one glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and two glasses of apple juice - US $22.00.

The servers checked to see we were happy without being overly intrusive.

Oh, I should mention that the place was busy, with what appeared to be locals - chatting in Spanish, some with briefcases.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 10:27 AM

he brought the first 'poinsettia' back to the United States.

the Aunt Chilada's restaurants at the Point Resorts in Phx have interesting names for the restrooms:

Pointestanda
and...
Pointsetta

can you figure out who goes where?:lol::lol::lol:

sorry but i had to do that after reading Pompano's tag line.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 05:36 PM
Lencho - The Venison is Farm Raised

Sorry, don't quite know how to do the quote thingy.

Tapanco is part of the El Nido restaurant group. They raise the beef, lamb, deer, rabbit and quail that they serve at their restaurants on their ranch.

I do not know the owners personally, but have been a happy customer at their various restaurants for many years.

Here's a link to their webpage: http://www.loreto.com/elnido/

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 05:55 PM
Pompano - Here's a Bull Story

Hubby and family had a cattle ranch in SE Washington state.

The Hereford bull (very expensive) was a really nasty character. When the school bus dropped off the kids, they would cut through his pasture to get home.

He would zero in on the kids from a mile away and charge, full tilt. Hubby finally convinced the school bus driver to let the kids off past the fenceline.

The bull got out of his pasture and was hit by a car. He somersaulted over the roof and landed in the back seat, spearing the woman in the front seat with his horn through her upper body, suspending her.

The bull and the driver perished. The woman passenger survived.

There was no funeral for the bull.

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 05:58 PM

That is a sad story, Gypsy Jan. I know a similar one. A mule deer doe jumped high into the air on a Colorado road and smashed through the window of the car driven by a young college coed. Both perished.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.