[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 02:18 PM
planning vacation

I want to plan a family vacation to mexico, any suggestion would be great
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 03:33 PM

Welcome fcasey74!

I think you are going to have to be a little more specific than that though. What kind of vacation is your family interested in doing? There are so many different options ranging from the very inexpensive do it yourself road trip to the expensive golf resort on the ocean.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 04:16 PM

An all-inclusive resort with rental car would probably be a good idea for you. Check online for package deals, or go to a travel agent.
fcasey74

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 11:01 AM
vacation ideas

I would like to have a medium range budget and definitely do not want to fly. Some things I would like to experience are deep sea fishing and go on an adventure tour.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 11:06 AM

Go to Catavina, stay at La Pinta and go explore the art and beauty of the desert boulders.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 11:15 AM

Well, at least tell us what month you want to do this? What other vacations have you taken that qualify as medium budget and an adventure?

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 12:22 PM

and don't say "Disneyland"!:cool::coolup:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
davidclayton19

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 08:53 PM

Hi,
I just returned fom a wonderful trip - San Quintin, San Ignacio, Loreto and all parts in between. Amazing trip - Baja Norte was in bloom as far as the eye could see - indescribable! San Ignacio gray whales were also something to experience for your life list - they come right to your boat and play. Loreto was perfect although a little windy - fishing at Puerto Escondido was great fun tho I am still on the hunt for my first BIG Yellowtail- were were into them bigtime with with my favorite guide Francisco at Bajabigfish but no biters... San Quintin was embarrassing, we caught so many fish I had to stop - Pedros Pangas out at the Old Mill! we brought home 40 lbs of fillets. The road was great, no problems - GO GO GO! I will post a more detailed trip accopunt and pics soon. Dave

dave
davidclayton19

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 08:55 PM

OH! I forgot! Stay at the Old Mill, in San Quintin, San Ignacio Springs Bed and Breakfast, and the GREAT Igauna Inn in Loreto! dc

dave
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fcasey74
I would like to have a medium range budget and definitely do not want to fly. Some things I would like to experience are deep sea fishing and go on an adventure tour.

Time of year is definitely a factor when wanting to fish as it definitely affects the available species targeted and when they are in which area.

If you want an adventure tour you might consider these folks. www.wideopenbaja.com

In Memory of E-57
fcasey74

[*] posted on 3-14-2008 at 09:27 AM

I would like to go in May. My two young sons are getting into offroading and would like to take them four wheeling of some sort. Im not familiar with that subject...
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2008 at 08:19 PM

Palmas de Cortez in Los Barilles. Probably the most stable area to fish at that time of year, they have a spa for the wife, meals are included and quad rentals are available all over town.

In Memory of E-57
fcasey74

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 09:25 AM

thanks for all the suggestions, its really helping me out. South baja looks extremely tempting adn luxurioius to go. However I think northern baja looks closer to my budget. Ive been looking online and have several destinations in mind. I will let you guys know about them later. Have a good St. Pattys Day!!!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 09:43 AM

Hi Fcasey74, I made a special web page to help Baja explorers/ travelers decide what they may wish to see in person... Most of the sites require a dirt road vehicle, but not all: http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/tours

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fcasey74

[*] posted on 3-26-2008 at 09:25 AM

hey all, haven't logged on for a while. been busy with work and the holiday. Hope everyone had a good easter. So I am leaning on going to San Felipe. Any suggestions on where to stay...?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-26-2008 at 02:18 PM

Cant speak to these places as I havent been to SF in many years.

But here is a link to all the options.

http://www.sanfelipe.com.mx/business/index.html

fcasey74

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 10:55 AM

Hey all. So I've decided on San Felipe. Im still on the fence on where to lodge and on what activities are present there. I have come across El Dorado Ranch and seems really inticing. Anyone heard of it??
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 03:10 PM

Use the google search function at the bottom of this page

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.