Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bay of L.A. fishing?
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 06:56 AM
Bay of L.A. fishing?

Heading down to El Socorro this weekend with Pops. If father's up for it, I want to take a ride down to Bay of L.A. for a day of fishing next week. Never been there. Any advice as to who I can fish with, and where we can stay for a night or two? I'll be fishing solo, unless I talk someone into going with. What do they charge for a panga? Anything I should make to sure have for fishing gear? Phone# would be great so I can call to check on wind conditions.

Thanks,

Tony
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 10:57 AM

Go to www.campgecko.com

then click on Mia's site, she has all the info. you need

Stop by Camp Gecko for a cold one, just ask anyone you see to point you to me. If you are camping, you can stay at my place, if you need a hotel Mia has all the info.

Debra

Mean people suck!
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 03:56 PM

dont waist your time this time of year, the fishing is slow right now and the wind is up. youll probably have better fishing there or in san quintin. good luck. pangas are between 160.00 and 300 and the fish are at the big island.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 06:54 PM

Follow Debra's advice and check out Mia's website for first hand Bahia de Los Angeles info from someone who actually lives there, knows the people/fishermen, and knows what she's talking about...

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 08:23 PM

tony check your utu.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 03:55 PM

Tony,

FYI, taken directly from Mia's site, her post regarding the wind/fishing. Sounds like you might see her out on the water next week too.

Safe journeys!

P<*)))><

"Any month can have windy days, just gotta hit it right. But that's part of the beauty of Baja...there are no guarantees. I remember last year in May right after the Yellowtail tournament wrapped up, the Westies kicked in. Good thing the winds didn't start one day sooner. But that's the luck of the draw, so to speak.

Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, just plain awesome. Even all the years I've been here, it made me stop and comment to Tony, "Dang, this is one nice day, isn't it?" Perfecto! Then the West wind blew for two days; the good news is that when I checked the barometer this morning, it took a big jump up, so let's hope it holds and is on its way out.

Looking forward to get out on the water maybe Saturday and into next week to get some fishing in. We were both up North for a bit, and we're anxious to go. Tides will be good then too. Lookin' forward to be out on the water, would be nice!"

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 09:20 PM

BOLA fishing

READY SET.....................
snappyaerape

biggrin.gif posted on 6-25-2008 at 09:38 AM
Fishing in El Socorro

If you are headed south from San Quentin at KM 24 You will find El Socorro. There is a Fisherman that will take you on day trips and have a house for rent. The house goes for $50 a night fully furnished sleeps 4. I can't remeber the boat price but it was pretty fair. His name is Fernando. If you go to the main house they will find him for you. Expert knowledge of the fishing area.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2008 at 01:03 PM

Tony check out Mia's site for sure.
There are a few reports there too. Doc Gecko described it as "catching" for all the small yellows you want.
The only problem will be heat. Maybe some wind.
If I was going with 2-3 people I'd fish with Guillermo on his megapanga. Otherwise go with Jose Rosas out of Sammy Diaz's place. Standard superpanga.
The bigger fish are out at the big island.
I'm trying to make time to get there in the next few weeks.
SQ and Socorro are getting a late start this year but Ensenada is going off with yellowtail so it shouldn't be long.
As for a place to stay? Anyplace with good aircon! You'll need it!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.